Gary Scott Thompson Step Up....

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Dark Screen
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Gary Scott Thompson Step Up....

Post by Dark Screen » Sun May 24, 2009 2:34 am

Here's a couple more possible 2010 KI3T ideas:

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sun May 24, 2009 12:02 pm

Wow that looks great :good:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Honeykitt
Rookie

Post by Honeykitt » Sun May 24, 2009 2:38 pm

Those are awesome. :good:

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun May 24, 2009 2:54 pm

those are pretty cool pictures!
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Sun May 24, 2009 5:11 pm

KnightRiderKR wrote:
DavidKnight wrote:
Garthe Knight wrote: Amen to that.
And use the 2010 Mustang in all black.
I did some Photoshop on it :D
Maybe you can black out the wheels too.
Here it is with black rims, and also with a classic scanner.

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Sun May 24, 2009 8:43 pm

Here are the black out wheels:
"One man can make a difference"
Knight Rider forever

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sun May 24, 2009 9:49 pm

Garthe Knight wrote:
This is what I'm talking about! think how easy it would be to offer a KR edition of this, straight from Ford... :good:

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Mon May 25, 2009 3:48 pm

Yes that would be very easy if the series would last. In order for that to happen we need people supporting the show and getting in gear to support the renewal campaign. It is all up to the people out there. I call them all, if you want to make a difference then show us your support via http://www.savekitt.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.twitter.com/savekitt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If one man can make a difference... imagine what several thousands can do.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

Luke_windstyle
Rookie

Post by Luke_windstyle » Wed May 27, 2009 2:22 pm

am i the only one who think the 2010 mustang has a fat arse?

http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/images ... T_Rear.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.autobild.de/ir_img/65660661_824658000a.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vs

http://z.about.com/d/cars/1/0/m/q/ag_07 ... htrear.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/a ... 07-002.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i find the current ones (pre 2010) easier on the eye.

Even though I like the front of the 2010 mustang slightly more.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed May 27, 2009 4:00 pm

i actually like the year 2000 mustangs :P
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Wed May 27, 2009 10:39 pm

You gotta remember one thing:

Ford is in the business of selling NEW cars. They don't make a penny on older used ones. Combine that with KI3T's ability to transform, and you have the perfect reason why they would easily be able to have the 2010 Mustang take the 08's place.

Luke_windstyle
Rookie

Post by Luke_windstyle » Thu May 28, 2009 6:46 am

You have to remember though that NBC most likely still own most of the cars used for S1 so will stick with those. Remember the original KITT always stayed as a 1982 Trans Am

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Thu May 28, 2009 7:06 am

The Trans Am was not visually changed much for 2 reasons.

1. The Trans Am did not change, meaning the car that was used was virtually identical looking for most of the time during the early 80's all the way to the late 80's.

2. Pontiac distanced themselves more from the show after the first season as they did not want to be overly associated with KITT for several reasons (which I won't mention here as that is off topic).

Although if you look closely, you will see the car has changed throughout the seasons. The first season one had a rather crude front nose, which was visually improved in the second season and again for the third and the fourth (indicator blackouts were integrated differently in the front nose). And a slightly less obvious change was the fact that KITT got a split rear seat in the third season, something KITT did not have in the first 2 seasons.

Michael_Knight1
Volunteer

Post by Michael_Knight1 » Sat May 30, 2009 11:02 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:
Garthe Knight wrote:
This is what I'm talking about! think how easy it would be to offer a KR edition of this, straight from Ford... :good:

Can't you photoshop the 19" machined wheels that are optional on the 2010 GT?
A Knight Rider fan who isn't in denial about the 2008 show's cancellation.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sun May 31, 2009 1:39 am

Snake hits all the points on the head. :good:

The point about NBC owning the cars is countered by how fast the pilot Hero and Attack KI3Ts were placed into auction, and the same could be done here. Also note that 1982 was the first year for the 3rd gen F-bodies, and didn't change until 93...so for 10 years the outer skin of the car remained basically the same. Whereas the 2010 doesn't share any body panels with it's predecessor.

kalelcoolkp
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by kalelcoolkp » Sun May 31, 2009 6:32 pm

The whole deal is pretty sad really. We are all starving for some K.I.T.T. action so much so we would sit through the new show just hoping for a hint of what we had as kids. Sadly Mr Thompson must have never took the time to see what really worked with the original show and if he had I believe season 2 would have been a lock. After the reboot they were def heading in a better direction. It seems it was a little bit too late. If only it had started last fall heading toward the "one man can make a difference" Instead of the entire reimagining that we had to tolerate. Why wouldn't they see that we all were just waiting for the nods to the old show! Give us some hoff or the flag semi maybe a appearance from the orginal voice!! I would have been hooked if only one time we head William Daniels In anyform a car just a computer somewhere!! Oh well Maybe this will just be another sour memory we will have like team knight rider I just hope it doesn't kill knight rider all together. It is still story worth continuing!! Its just not one that needs reinvented!!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun May 31, 2009 6:45 pm

Solid Snake wrote:And a slightly less obvious change was the fact that KITT got a split rear seat in the third season, something KITT did not have in the first 2 seasons.
Just one small correction here: the split rear seat only existed on the stunt cars used in the third and fourth seasons (when the crew started using ’83s & ’84s). The back seat constantly changes back and forth from being split and not split throughout some scenes. The main Hero Car never had the split seat even in the third and fourth seasons as I believe it was always an ’82.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:32 am

I'd much prefer the TV series to continue rather than a movie by Glen.

And Airwolf didn't fail because of Jan's drinking. Donald P Bellisario was forced continually by Universal to changethe tone, introduce female characters and make it more kiddy-friendly and have more stories where Airwolf was saving the day in non-political stories. He left the show after its second year because of this interferrance. It had a whole third season on the network where it went all wrong and was cancelled. The Canadian production was to get enough episodes built up to syndiate the whole series, as you had to have a certain amount to do that back then.

And don't just state your opinion as fact. Lots of fans like the transformations, just because some people don't they refer to "all fans" and it annoys me no end! Besides, KITT was made up of nano-technology in the pilot, so every part of him could break down anyway or build up new components. It was the same technology in the series but visually made to look more than actual transformations.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:44 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:And a slightly less obvious change was the fact that KITT got a split rear seat in the third season, something KITT did not have in the first 2 seasons.
Just one small correction here: the split rear seat only existed on the stunt cars used in the third and fourth seasons (when the crew started using ’83s & ’84s). The back seat constantly changes back and forth from being split and not split throughout some scenes. The main Hero Car never had the split seat even in the third and fourth seasons as I believe it was always an ’82.
I am almost sure you are wrong, I remember numerous shots of KITT having a split seat in shots where David was seen too. So not just stunt cars, if anything the stunt cars... or semi picture cars... were the older models that were beaten and bruised as they also had the 2 TV dash (even seen in some shots in the third and fourth season).

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:36 pm

So any news from Gary? From anyone other than the NBC execs that is...