the sound of ki2ts motor

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

james olden
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

the sound of ki2ts motor

Post by james olden » Wed May 06, 2009 3:28 pm

ok this might sound weird??? and i know you all people have noticed it but in the origional series after give hearts of stone ,everytime ki2t was speeding the motor sounded like a old 62 shelby cobra. can someone shed some light on this.
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Re: the sound of ki2ts motor

Post by Knight007 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:30 am

Never noticed this before :roll: how did you come to this conclusion? I mean did own a car like that before and remember the sound?
Image :kitt:

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Thu May 07, 2009 11:14 am

no i dont own one im thinkin of buying one of ebay byt i have drivinen trans ams over the years it doesnt sound like ki2t . maybee its because the sound effects of cars back in the 80's was different from now.but i sware the sweeding sound of ki2ts motor was sound effects of another car (knight007 watch topaz connection thats a great episode to show it while ki2ts racing in the desert to las vegas from la). i wish i could find out what type of motor that was (that was used as a sound effect for ki2ts motor). anyone knows reply back thanx
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:18 pm

i think james is right!kitt's engine sound at almost all the episodes is a sound effect and i don't mean the turbine sound!i mean the v8 sound!in some episodes...for instance...in the episode knight moves...when kitt ignites stary up to push mad dogs tractor...the engine sound like a harley davidson start up!i heard many 305 engines in my life with factory or after market exsaust systems.....no one sounded like that!also when kitt speeds up in may episodes the sound effect is like from daytona 500 from the 60's!the real engine sound of kitt is heard in the episode trust doesn't rust in a moment when kitt and michael leave the knight museum after karr confort them!also if you see the knight rider bloopers cd...when michael and kitt evade the rockets in the episode the scent of roses...you can also hear the sound of the 305 engine because in the bloopers it is not edited yet to have the sound effect of kitt!

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon May 11, 2009 3:27 am

I remember what you talking about, but I always thought it all part of the sound effects added after the filming is done. but why they didnt keep the original V-8 sound of it? when kITT starts in the semi some times, the sounds just amazing Image :kitt:

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:52 am

knight007...even the sound of the door knobs was effect!!it sounded so "plastic" if you know what i mean!every knob on the trans am is cast iron!but yes even the v8 sound of kitt was a sound effect after all!a very good sound effect!