Think NBC is getting emails, letters 4 other show beside KR

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

clarkkuhn36
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Think NBC is getting emails, letters 4 other show beside KR

Post by clarkkuhn36 » Sun May 03, 2009 9:44 pm

I know that KR is not getting as much fan outcry as Jerricho, but do you think that there is any show besides KR that could possibly get cancelled that is getting as much fan outcry as KR. I'm hoping that NBC will listen to the fan base. I can't imagine any other shows getting many letters, e-mails, and support for renewal because of the fanbase of the franchise. Any thoughts?

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Re: Think NBC is getting emails, letters 4 other show beside KR

Post by tamatt27 » Sun May 03, 2009 10:03 pm

I couldn't imagine any of the shows have as big a fan base as Knight Rider.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sun May 03, 2009 10:04 pm

Apparently, it worked for Chuck. But I don't think fan support is the make or break issue. Its the ratings. Fan support can help only if the ratings on the knife's edge. KR wasn't close.

"Every year about this time, rabid fans of shows perceived to be on the bubble launch campaigns to convince networks to renew their favorite series. So Chuck fans on Monday plan to show NBC execs their loyalty by spiking sandwich sales en masse at Subway stores and sending Nerds candies. It didn't work for Moonlight at CBS but did for Jericho. This time, I can tell you the Chuck campaign is having an effect on the NBC suits. "It's a good show, a solid show, and it's in contention to come back," an insider tells me. "I'm betting it'll end up back. But that decision hasn't been made yet." Interestingly, it’s not just fanboys trying to keep the Josh Schwartz show on the air, it’s also mainstream TV critics and reporters. The New York Times, Chicago Tribune, and Entertainment Weekly have all weighed i positively. Television Without Pity listed 8 reasons to save the series. Me? I haven't even watched 3 minutes of it."

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/b ... come-back/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun May 03, 2009 11:33 pm

it also worked for jericho. what we are doing for knight rider can't compare to what the jericho fans did. they were able to make enough noise to get media attention and save their show.. i don't believe we've even touched that.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITTvsKARR1995
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR1995 » Mon May 04, 2009 4:44 am

Well, there's a chance.....
Michael Knight, a lone crusader in a dangerous world, the world..... of the Knight Rider