Cruisin Back to the 50's Culver City Car Show - May 9th in Calif

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Cruisin Back to the 50's Culver City Car Show - May 9th in Calif

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:46 am

In other related news...word has it that Justin Bruening will be making an appearance at the Cruisin Back to the 50's Culver City Car Show along with myself and Knights of the West Coast in support of George Barris and Paul Casey on May 9th in Culver City, CA.

http://culvercitycarshow.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paul is bringing his General Lee (We're bringing two KITTs) and perhaps a certain one of the good ol boys will be making a guest appearance there too ;)

Maybe I can get some tidbits from Justin while I'm down there. Also Glen is planning on meeting with Justin as well in the privacy of one of his infamous movie nights.

Stay tuned.

=VK=
:dash:

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Cruisin Back to the 50's Culver City Car Show - May 9th in C

Post by neps » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:49 am

Just wanted to split this post off - and not have it get lost in the other thread. Sounds like a fun event for people to attend.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:03 am

wow, thats awesome that glen and justin will be meeting each other!
in glen larson we trust.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:10 am

They actually met at Knight Rider Festival last month on the VIP stage opening night. Justin seemed genuinely honored to meet him. Not that it doesn't make it really cool for them to cross paths again.

Here is a picture from when it happened:

http://knightrideronline.com/photos/2368.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

caljediknight
Recruit

Post by caljediknight » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:59 am

We will be there!!!! :good:

Dan

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:12 pm

That would be incredible to attend because when the KOTWC get together its always a great time.
Given John Schieder usually drove The General and is a friend of Paul it will proably be Bo Duke.

As to Justin getting together with Glen, wouldnt it be a kickin the head if Justin
became the new Michael Knight for the silver screen (lol)

Im just alittle jealous but hope you all have a great time.

D. Doggett. :dash: :kitt2: :spm: :kittspin:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:20 pm

Victor Kros wrote: Maybe I can get some tidbits from Justin while I'm down there. Also Glen is planning on meeting with Justin as well in the privacy of one of his infamous movie nights.
Why are Glen's movie nights infamous? Is it the choice of movie? He He. :mrgreen:
Somehow I can't picture a respectable looking gentleman like Glen throwing parties known for their bad reputations.. the Hoff, well maybe. :mrgreen:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:40 pm

Sue wrote:
Victor Kros wrote: Maybe I can get some tidbits from Justin while I'm down there. Also Glen is planning on meeting with Justin as well in the privacy of one of his infamous movie nights.
Why are Glen's movie nights infamous? Is it the choice of movie? He He. :mrgreen:
Somehow I can't picture a respectable looking gentleman like Glen throwing parties known for their bad reputations.. the Hoff, well maybe. :mrgreen:
- This comment sort of comes across as passive aggressive here Sue. Are you saying Glen can't have movie nights because of a bad reputation? That's not exactly respecting a man who is responsible for creating some of the most recognized shows in television history. As Dave Doggett said, Glen is the Babe Ruth of television.

Despite what the modern entertainment world might think of him, he's still constructing new stories (like Knight Rider and Battlestar Galactica) and writing new scripts. His kind of imagination is rare because he's willing to take risks and break the norm...that makes him a true visionary.

He's back at work on the Knight Rider motion picture again, more inspired than ever because he finally realizes that his fans do care about what he does and want to meet him and see what he has planned next. Knight Rider Festival really opened his eyes to the fandom out there - he wants to inspire new generations while giving the original fans something new they haven't seen before while maintaining the spirit and ideals of the original premise of Knight Rider.

His movie nights are infamous to those who respect him and these are the type of people who get invited. Not many people can afford to have two movie projectors in their living room and get actual movie reels on loan for a night to view in the privacy of their own home a week after their release in theaters nearly three times a week. You don't have crowds talking or admission fees to deal with. Just the company of good friends you can trust.

As for reputations, well Glen was kind enough to show up at Knight Rider Festival at least for the VIP party while The Hoff chose not to attend. I'd say that earns Glen some brownie points towards a better reputation.

=VK=

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:00 pm

Victor Kros wrote:
Sue wrote:
- This comment sort of comes across as passive aggressive here Sue. Are you saying Glen can't have movie nights because of a bad reputation? That's not exactly respecting a man who is responsible for creating some of the most recognized shows in television history. As Dave Doggett said, Glen is the Babe Ruth of television.

Despite what the modern entertainment world might think of him, he's still constructing new stories (like Knight Rider and Battlestar Galactica) and writing new scripts. His kind of imagination is rare because he's willing to take risks and break the norm...that makes him a true visionary.

He's back at work on the Knight Rider motion picture again, more inspired than ever because he finally realizes that his fans do care about what he does and want to meet him and see what he has planned next. Knight Rider Festival really opened his eyes to the fandom out there - he wants to inspire new generations while giving the original fans something new they haven't seen before while maintaining the spirit and ideals of the original premise of Knight Rider.

His movie nights are infamous to those who respect him and these are the type of people who get invited. Not many people can afford to have two movie projectors in their living room and get actual movie reels on loan for a night to view in the privacy of their own home a week after their release in theaters nearly three times a week. You don't have crowds talking or admission fees to deal with. Just the company of good friends you can trust.

As for reputations, well Glen was kind enough to show up at Knight Rider Festival at least for the VIP party while The Hoff chose not to attend. I'd say that earns Glen some brownie points towards a better reputation.

=VK=
As they say in Princes Bride, I do not think that you know what that word means. Alow me.

in⋅fa⋅mous   [in-fuh-muhs]
–adjective
1. having an extremely bad reputation: an infamous city.
2. deserving of or causing an evil reputation; shamefully malign; detestable: an infamous deed.
3. Law.
a. deprived of certain rights as a citizen, as a consequence of conviction of certain offenses.
b. of or pertaining to offenses involving such deprivation.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/infamous
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

ShadowKnight006
Recruit

Post by ShadowKnight006 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:09 pm

Yes, I believe saying that they movie nights are "famous" not "infamous" would have been more fitting.

I mean
Sue wrote: Somehow I can't picture a respectable looking gentleman like Glen throwing parties known for their bad reputations..
sounds awfully respectful and not aggressive to me.

:karr:
Looking for TKR!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:09 pm

Fair enough I apologize for the confusion. I meant to convey "well known" or "notorious" in a positive context. Oddly enough while dictionary.com might consider "infamous" a negative term, the generations of today are well known for using it as a reference of memory, not as a negative label. Such as "the infamous Michael Knight", the "infamous director George Lucas."

Kind of like how "dope" became something "cool" instead of being an insult to someone's intelligence. I'll choose a better word next time so as to avoid confusion in the future.

=VK=

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:02 pm

Victor Kros wrote: Kind of like how "dope" became something "cool" instead of being an insult to someone's intelligence. I'll choose a better word next time so as to avoid confusion in the future.
=VK=
Yet another antagonym, in the same vein as "bad" meaning "good" I'm not sure I totally get it yet but you either brush-up on the lingo or speak foreign to todays generation.Proper English? no!......hip, current? YES!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:29 am

Yeah I don't get a lot of things this "new generation" likes or believes in but regardless it does get confusing as to what term is properly used. Clearly I made a mistake and I've apologized for that. In other news, I'm really looking forward to the Culver City Car Show, it's going to be an awesome event and I'm very happy to be a part of it!

John Schneider is confirmed to be there and I'm really looking forward to meeting him. I admit I'm not the biggest Dukes of Hazzard fan but I really admire his portrayal of Jonathan Kent on Smallville. I think John from what I've seen is as fantastic a guy as he is an actor and I'm sure it will be another memory for me to cherish and everyone who gets to see him there.

I also met Heather Langenkamp today (Nancy in A Nightmare on Elm Street films) which was awesome but that's another story for another thread.

=VK=

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:22 pm

I love the English language and its ability to change with time and to contradict itself. As the worlds most widely spoken language its fun to play with. I'm just glad Its my first language I've been told its a bugger to learn as a second one.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sat May 02, 2009 6:21 am

We are just 7 days away from the Barris car show in Culver City CA so anyone out there in CA, just a heads up that we're getting close to showtime. I know myself and Knights of the West Coast will be attending and so will Paul Casey with his General Lee.

=VK=

IHeartKITT
Operative

Post by IHeartKITT » Sun May 03, 2009 2:05 am

Hey everyone!! I'll be there with my family!!! :good:

I CAN"T WAIT!!
Going through KITT withdrawal since KRF, so now I can get my KITT fix... (Thank you ALEX :kitt: )

My hubby and two little girls will be with me.. Here they are turbo boosting off the sofa!! LOL

See you all on Saturday!!

Jennifer Image

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon May 04, 2009 9:50 pm

This event sounds like a lot of fun. From what I hear Paul Casey will be performing as he did in Vegas, so that alone is sure to make it a great event.
If you have yet to come out to an event and see a KITT replica, here is your chance. The Knights of the West Coast will be there with a few KITT cars.
I just heard from Justin that the rumor of his being there was just a rumor, sadly.
But I think the ones about John Schneider are true.
Have fun everyone!