Incoming call sound

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ebinrock
Volunteer

Incoming call sound

Post by ebinrock » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:32 pm

I would like to re-open the topic originally posted in 2004 (now locked), about getting the sound effect of KITT's incoming call tones (not the electronic "chirping" when the pixels form the video on KITT's screen, but the preceding musical incoming call tone - right before KITT says "Devon's calling").

On the 2004 post about this, there were a few links, but now all of them are broken. I can't find anything else on the Internet about that sound. I even emailed NBC/Universal using their online form (specifically for their TV programming section). I already got an automated email from them simply saying they cannot personally respond to the large volume of email, check the FAQ, blah blah blah.

So, either (1) does anyone have any good links to a downloadable sound file of it, or (2) does anyone know of any episode where the sound was able to play fully out on its own, without any overlapping dialogue or music or anything? Let me know the episode title. Thanks.

Milo
Recruit

Re: Incoming call sound

Post by Milo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:49 am

these link is the only one i have found so far

http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/lot/6045/kitt.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ebinrock
Volunteer

Post by ebinrock » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:52 am

Sorry, I still didn't find the sound I was looking for. It's only on a few episodes; I'll have to dig through and find one that's by itself, so I can edit just that sound into an MP3. Meanwhile, if you guys can be on the lookout in the episodes yourselves and be an "extra pair of ears", I'd appreciate that. Just let me know the episode title. You all know the sound I'm talking about, the little musical low tones right before the electronic chirp on the KITT screen. Thanks.

:kitt:

ebinrock
Volunteer

Post by ebinrock » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:55 am

Or better still, can anyone play those notes on a synthesizer and record that into an MP3 for me? Something really clean for my cell phone.

KITTvsKARR1995
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KITTvsKARR1995 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:56 am

He Milo, they don't work on my mobile:(
Michael Knight, a lone crusader in a dangerous world, the world..... of the Knight Rider

Milo
Recruit

Post by Milo » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:28 pm

KITTvsKARR1995 wrote:He Milo, they don't work on my mobile:(
you have to download the sounds and then unzip them

couwe
Volunteer

Post by couwe » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:53 pm

And does someone know what the incoming sound is of the phone used in the 10th episode "Don't Stop the Knight" of the new Knight rider where the ambassodor is kidnapped. It's from that phone that is attached to the blue jeep.

Thx ;).

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:59 pm

ebinrock wrote:I would like to re-open the topic originally posted in 2004 (now locked).
There was another thread on here this week that was locked because it was old. What's the deal with that now? There's some great stuff in the KRO archives and many of those threads have posters in them that are still active here.

I just don't see what the big deal is if someone wants to bump an old thread. It's not like Knight Rider itself is a new topic...

ebinrock
Volunteer

Post by ebinrock » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:47 pm

I know what you mean. They should never have a reason to lock a topic. What for? But even then it wouldn't be so much a problem in this case if those danged links to the sounds weren't broken!

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:06 pm

Oh I think they should lock or delete anything that's obscene, trolling, etc. I just love searching the old threads on this board and don't see the big deal in adding to them.

Incidentally, some of the more interesting topics and conversations I've found seemed to be from 2004 :good:

ebinrock
Volunteer

Post by ebinrock » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:09 am

Hey knightofthephoenix,

Is there any way you could help in my quest for the incoming call sound? Do you have access to all the episodes where you could tell me the title of which one has the sound isolated by itself, with no talking or music? I'll also be on the lookout as well.

Thanks,
ebinrock

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:16 pm

ebinrock,

I'll keep my ears open since I've just started rewatching the series again from the beginning. I'll let you know when I come across something you can use.

_K.I.T.T_
Stranger

Post by _K.I.T.T_ » Tue May 26, 2009 6:39 pm

Ebinrock,

Hi. I'm new on this forum and also searching for some good KITT sounds for use in windows
(and Iphone too) but i don't know exactly which incomming call sound you mean.
Maybe you can tell me from which season or episode it is? than i can try to make a sound sample of it.

Do you have more interesting kitt sounds you would like to share?
i only found some sounds on the site mentioned in the link at the beginning of this thread, but found not really sounds i could use for my windows events.

will you let me know wich sounds you have used? than i will try to make a sound sample for you.

Regards,

Erwin

Black Cat
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Black Cat » Sun May 31, 2009 1:22 pm

I believe I've got the one you're talking about.

http://rapidshare.com/files/239310024/call.wav.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;