Another interesting look at why season #2 will happen

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Ontario Knight
Operative

Another interesting look at why season #2 will happen

Post by Ontario Knight » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:47 pm

I have been constantly talking about why I think season #2 will happen.

Remember when this last season KR was on the Wednesday night slot at 8pm then an encore on Saturday...

Well my thought is that KR did pretty well on Wednesday in its season birth "so to speak" and did pretty well on what is know as "death night" for television on Saturday..

Looking at the best show on NBC now, Southland. It is doing the same thing an encore on Saturday but if you look at the total viewership and the 18-49 rating it was way below KR08..

What is your take on this....I know Phoenixzero you will write something about this hehe...But you have to look at this as a positive sign that this KR franchise is pretty strong where it was placed on the timeslots people viewed the show...

Take a look below at Southland's numbers as an encore....

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/04/19/sa ... ield/16988" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then take a look at KR's numbers when it was an encore...

http://tvbythenumbers.com/category/rati ... ngs/page/3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://tvbythenumbers.com/category/rati ... ngs/page/4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stylez
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Another interesting look at why season #2 will happen

Post by Stylez » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:45 pm

I just came across this article with a mention of KR08 and something about using the 5 remaining scripts in season 2, if it makes the cut. Check it out, http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/Waterco ... _knight_AD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:03 pm

It's nice to see there are a few journalists out there who haven't jumped to conclusions, however likely or unlikely our fate may be.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:55 am

Well, since you did mention me.. :P :lol:

I don't know if it's really fair to compare KR and Southland repeats since they're in different time slots but I do agree KR seems to be doing better in repeats, though I dunno if it's really isn't saying much. However, KR's repeats look to still be doing better than Kings as it wastes away.

As for Southland's repeat lacking ratings, it could be attributed to the fact that people that wanted to watch it watched Thursday at where it's currently getting much higher ratings than KR08 ever did in a single viewing (though IMO Southland being ER's successor really helps) or it could be that it's a party night and much of the audience it out doing other things, I'd go with both. On the other hand, looking at how well KR DID do with repeats on Saturday it could be attributed to either fans watching it again, or people watching it because they missed it during the week be it from work or watching something else and again I would go with both.

Actually, looking at the combined numbers it did seem to do very well if you add up the total of viewers, better than Southland or pretty much anything on NBC early on when it was still getting 7M+ viewers in getting 11-12M (better writing/creative direction and delivering what a lot of people wanted in the first place would have helped a lot) viewers when adding the repeat, it's a shame the series couldn't get that in it's initial airings or we wouldn't even be having these discussions. The bad thing is though that once the repeats were taken out that would make it look like it dropped even more than it did with just counting the premieres.

Honestly I still think things could be turned around IF NBC wishes to give the show another chance and if it was properly done and properly promoted. Unfortunately I don't think NBC does or will even though it's the best or well second best now and it didn't get nearly as sweet a time slot as Southland did.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:59 pm

don't know if this is an encouraging sign or what, but the online L.A. times has a list of cancelled TV shows, and KR isn't on it...
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:19 pm

KRAvengerII wrote: don't know if this is an encouraging sign or what, but the online L.A. times
has a list of cancelled TV shows, and KR isn't on it...
But is that an official list, or just compiled from shows that we know are already axed?

I notice the latimes.com list of shows that've been axed from NBC's 2008-2009 lineup,
appears to include "Late Night with Conan O'Brien", Surely, since Conan's promotion,
it's really relaunched with a new presenter, house-band and set, rather than axed.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:50 pm

Stylez wrote:I just came across this article with a mention of KR08 and something about using the 5 remaining scripts in season 2, if it makes the cut. Check it out, http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/Waterco ... _knight_AD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KR is the 2nd to last one mentioned, right before Private Practice.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:20 am

the month of May is approching. hope we get what we want :lol: Image :kitt:

treker_sg
Volunteer

Post by treker_sg » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:32 am

Knight007 wrote:the month of May is approching. hope we get what we want :lol: Image :kitt:
Time is passing so slow..... Hurry May! Come! I need to get over it..... The suspense is so not fair!!!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:16 am

*sigh* May 5th. seems so far away... :( I hope KR returns for a season 2. Keep providing your fan support everyone!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

wez
Operative

Post by wez » Fri May 01, 2009 7:40 am

not long now until we all find out.....

i really hope season 2 will come as it's a gr8 show and could get better and better...