COULD THE SUCCESS OF ANOTHER SHOW SAVE KNIGHT RIDER?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Shadowy Flight
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Deadman's Curve (between Silicon Valley and Millston)

COULD THE SUCCESS OF ANOTHER SHOW SAVE KNIGHT RIDER?

Post by Shadowy Flight » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:50 am

I'm just curious if NBC does not look at the outpour of fan support, petitions, our second season campaign or successful venues like the Knight Festival in Vegas, if they would take into account or consideration to save KR based on the success of another show. We've been discussing so much the failures of other shows like "My Own Worst Enemy", "Lipstick Jungle" etc. and how they're failure could somehow save KR. But what if it's something more relevant like the success of another show. I know that America's Got Talent stands on its own merit but the popularity of that show could be boosted this week due to Susan Boyle's remarkable performance that have taken the media by storm when she performed on Britain's Got Talent. Think about it, this could be like Six Degrees on Separation. By making Britain's Got Talent popular worldwide, it's inevitable that American Idol gets a boost in popularity since Simon is a host on both shows. Britain's Got Talent boosts popularity for America's Got Talent. America's Got Talent has...yep...David Hasselhoff. DH was on...see what I'm getting at? Maybe the execs at NBC will say "hmmm, KR might not be a cash cow, but the popularity that was just boosted last week due to this trickling effect of America's Got Talent...lets hold on to everything that revolves around Hasselhoff". All thanks to Susan Boyle. So if that strategy works, we should all thank Susan Boyle for saving Knight Rider! Its a stretch I know but marketing loves following patterns. Why did they pick a mustang to be Kitt? Could it be due to the popularity of the Transformers usage? who knows. Coincidence or pattern? And just notice how KITT can now "Transform"
Nothing gold can stay. The Sun sets and it becomes a purple desert...then you get run over by a black car!!!

Luke_windstyle
Rookie

Re: COULD THE SUCCESS OF ANOTHER SHOW SAVE KNIGHT RIDER?

Post by Luke_windstyle » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:15 am

you mean britian's got talent.

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:33 pm

Doubtful, the only thing that could definately save KR08 was better ratings when it was on TV!

We are going to have to pray for a miracle, and me been a atheist means I'm not hopeful.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:17 pm

What could help KR08 would be to give it more respect than it's garnered. There've been those who so hate the
show they will do and say everything they can to get it cancelled, because they want the original. No, it's not
gonna get EVERYONE liking it, but try to give it the benefit of the doubt. The ratings have not been the very top,
but from what I saw, the numbers were good, in that it never got below the top 5. I think that is a mark in it's
favor.

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:17 pm

It is unfair to say that everyone who criticizes the show wants it to be cancelled. I don't want it to be gone but I do criticize because it deserves it, the sad truth is the people in charge are brain dead, dumb and ignorant. I still can't comprehend a KARR episode where we see him for 1 minute, there is something really wrong with these people.

They seem to have a problem working with characters the are not human, K3000 seems to me very "dud" like, just repeating orders all the time, a lesser character then the humans which not what you want in a show where the car is the star. Same thing with KARR, he is not supposed to a mindless chest thumping robot but an as my little nephew says, an evil genius. He is only 9 years old and can figure this out but GST and crew can't.

I don't want the original because that would be absurd but I do want the "spirit" to be the same. The K2000 was the star of TOS the 3000 plays second fiddle to four humans. The 3000 says things like "I'm scared" and "I don't want to die", not exactly what one wants from a fearless robot, even in JYD old KITT never said those things even though he was afraid, he has too much pride. The loser crew that puts this show together needs lessons in something called character building, bloody dumb asses.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:34 am

blowersho wrote:It is unfair to say that everyone who criticizes the show wants it to be cancelled. I don't want it to be gone but I do criticize because it deserves it, the sad truth is the people in charge are brain dead, dumb and ignorant. I still can't comprehend a KARR episode where we see him for 1 minute, there is something really wrong with these people.

They seem to have a problem working with characters the are not human, K3000 seems to me very "dud" like, just repeating orders all the time, a lesser character then the humans which not what you want in a show where the car is the star. Same thing with KARR, he is not supposed to a mindless chest thumping robot but an as my little nephew says, an evil genius. He is only 9 years old and can figure this out but GST and crew can't.

I don't want the original because that would be absurd but I do want the "spirit" to be the same. The K2000 was the star of TOS the 3000 plays second fiddle to four humans. The 3000 says things like "I'm scared" and "I don't want to die", not exactly what one wants from a fearless robot, even in JYD old KITT never said those things even though he was afraid, he has too much pride. The loser crew that puts this show together needs lessons in something called character building, bloody dumb asses.
very well said, i totally agree with your statements, the series could have been so much better if nbc and gary scott thompson would have done things the right way from the start of the series instead of doing a reboot towards the end of the season, and all the crazy unrealistic transformations into other vehicles was also a downfall, also the writers should have had better storylines, it's unfortunate but i dont think kr08 is coming back for a second season!
in glen larson we trust.