Great news for my KR project

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Great news for my KR project

Post by DevonStyles » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:44 pm

Watch the video while you still can. This is the extended preview of "Legacy of Knight." Totally new and totally refreshed. You have no idea what your in for. a Special scene or two for everone who loves this site knight rider online as well........ Watch it now before it's no longer avaible. This is what the Knight rider community has been waiting for.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=55936456" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please if you take the 7 minutes to watch it, please take a few moments to comment on it.

Thanks.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Re: Great news for my KR project

Post by Tiger Warrior » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:18 pm

I can't watch it until I get out of work. My Space is filtered here. Sorry.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:52 pm

I can't help but say that this was not really good at all.

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:35 pm

Well I guess I know how GST feels.... lol Honestly everone that I have shown this too have really thought it was Awesome and well put togther. I mean who can't get a kick out of seeing Devon watch the new series and Michael on the hunt for the new kitt..... I mean C'mon.

ouch... not good in what sense? Is it not put togther well? I can understand some people getting upset with the changing storyline. However I think it takes the knight rider story line in a completely different direction and is entertaining.

I have not seen any fan made videos that are anywhere near as thought out as this. I mean this is not a collection of cool knight rider moments mixed togther with some added music. This is something completely different. a re-imigination of the legend so to speak.

I know me personally I would love to see the two kitt's battle it out, to see who the top dog is. I love Knight Rider as much as anyone else. If anything I think it just a totally cool release from what we are used to seeing.

Sure sombody had to be the bad guy...... to bad you don't know which one it is... lol I think if I ever get to release this thing to the masses it will be greatly appreciated. It's taken alot of time to put togther with the emphasis on being entertaining. I think when it is all said and done you will find yourself cheering for both.

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:40 am

NICE! That would be neat to see in a real plot. I love how the scenes are cut in and out of both the older series, the new piolot, and the new series. This is awesome!
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:06 am

i thought it was cute, though saw lots of flash frames and mis-cuts. interesting to think about.. like how they put the two together and stuff. first of it's kind..
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:31 am

It was pretty cool. Though In the previous it ended with original KITT and Micheal Spinning of Cliff.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:47 am

DevonStyles I loved it!
I think it showed a lot of imagination and I liked how you put it all together.
Much love for the video! :good:
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:11 am

Thank guys for the compliments... I really appreciate you diggin my vision for this. This is Knight Rider turned upside down. Once the whole thing is completed all the holes will be filled in. I just wanted to hook you guys with some excitement and reveal a little bit of the plot.

The one interesting scene is when Torres and Graiman are talking while watching the scenes (surveilence footage) of the original Kitt turbo boosting over the general.... Torres says their reckless yet Grainman as says maybe to the untrained eye were the ones riding around in a hot car blowing things up" ..... lol

As far as the mis-cuts it is wierd because sometimes when It was still in edit phase you would see em and other times you woulden't.... But needless to say their were many many cuts.... Especially for someone who is still in the learning phase of the program and this being my first video that I have tried to do. I will drive myself mad... lol

But it's out I'm just happy you guys appreciate it and you could see it. I know I can't get everone to like it but it is what it is. Don't take it so serious... It's only Knight rider

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:16 pm

Everyone's got their likes and dislikes, and I'm sorry to say, it needs improvement. making the two Michale Knights (father and son, imnd you) square off and the ending where Mike appears to be, pointing a gun at Michael and Stevie, is just wrong. I do admire the imagination and thinking outside the box, but it just didn't do it for me personally.

Hey, can't please everybody, but don't let that discourage you. Keep doign what you're doing and you will find a plot, or improve the plot you got going on right now and will hit the note you are looking for. Don't give up.

Honeykitt
Rookie

Post by Honeykitt » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:22 pm

Tiger Warrior wrote:Everyone's got their likes and dislikes, and I'm sorry to say, it needs improvement. making the two Michale Knights (father and son, mind you) square off and the ending where Mike appears to be, pointing a gun at Michael and Stevie, is just wrong. I do admire the imagination and thinking outside the box, but it just didn't do it for me personally.

Hey, can't please everybody, but don't let that discourage you. Keep doing what you're doing and you will find a plot, or improve the plot you got going on right now and will hit the note you are looking for. Don't give up.
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with this.

While I think you're going in the right direction and things look good so far and seem to make sense, having Michael, Jr. pointing a gun at them like that just wasn't right.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:35 am

yeah it was cool for me until the whole wedding part. i don't really like them trying to kill each other, but finding out about each other is interesting enough, i think..
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:50 am

Whilst its great to see fans creating their own 'vision' of Knight Rider, I fail to see how this is 'Great News'?

Sorry, but I thought the thread name is a tad miss leading.
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:16 pm

Well I'm glad most of you guys dig it. Don't be so quick to jump to conclussions. Was mike pointing the gun at Stevie....? I guess you'll just have to wait to find out... Maybe the hoff took a shot at him first... lol I was really hoping that everone here would comment on the video. I wanna know what EVERONE has to say. I'm gonna send it to the hoff. Maybe he will enjoy it.

Yes I have taken the knight rider story and turned it upside down. Enjoy it. Just because you never seen the inner workings of turbo boost in the kitt 2000 don't mean that it diden't happen like that. just make sure you pay attention to the scenes and the the dialog between the actors.... that's why this video is different. I understand I cannot please everone but i challenge you to find something else that is on this level.... you won't. I agree their are many good KR videos out there but nothing like this. OR make your own and see what you can come up with.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:07 am

DevonStyles wrote:Well I'm glad most of you guys dig it. Don't be so quick to jump to conclussions. Was mike pointing the gun at Stevie....? I guess you'll just have to wait to find out... Maybe the hoff took a shot at him first... lol I was really hoping that everone here would comment on the video. I wanna know what EVERONE has to say. I'm gonna send it to the hoff. Maybe he will enjoy it.

Yes I have taken the knight rider story and turned it upside down. Enjoy it. Just because you never seen the inner workings of turbo boost in the kitt 2000 don't mean that it diden't happen like that. just make sure you pay attention to the scenes and the the dialog between the actors.... that's why this video is different. I understand I cannot please everone but i challenge you to find something else that is on this level.... you won't. I agree their are many good KR videos out there but nothing like this. OR make your own and see what you can come up with.
I still don't quite understand how this is 'Great news for KR'?

I'm not trying to put a downer on your ideas, I just think the thread title is a little overstated.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:48 am

Indeed Chris,

I think a more appropriate title would be Great News for My KR Project, which is what it will become known as shortly. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:00 pm

Thanks for editing my thread for me... I really appreciate it. I guess that's how we roll...

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:22 pm

I also wanted to add Thank you as well for editing my thread and not even telling me what you thought of the video.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi Devon,

Sorry I hadn't had a chance sooner to check out your video...
I liked it...up until the end where Mike was holding a gun to Michael Knight and Stevie.
Why?
Also, why did they want to destroy the KITT, Three Thousand?
I am just curious???????
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:50 pm

DevonStyles wrote:I also wanted to add Thank you as well for editing my thread and not even telling me what you thought of the video.
Sorry, are you angry at Matt? If not you might wanna re-phrase your post as it reads that way to me. :?

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:08 pm

DevonStyles wrote:Thanks for editing my thread for me... I really appreciate it. I guess that's how we roll...
That's exactly how we roll when a thread title's as misleading as this one was. :good:

As for commenting on your video, it would be very difficult for me to do given that I'm yet to recover from losing the minutes of my life that your last one cost me. :lol: ;)

Matt Image

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:21 pm

It is quite good,Its funny when Mike puts in the tape labeled KITT and it was KI3T
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:17 pm

All will be revealed in the final product... I can't believe so many people were upset at that scene... lol It let's me know that I am doing something right, to grab you like I did.

Yes I was a little ticked off yesterday. I was sent a pm fron knightinsticnt letting me know that my video sucks and nobody likes it.... :lol: It was also boring and just a collection of clips and I am a scatter brained a.d.d. and my video belongs on youtube not here. So yes I was ready to sock somebody in the face.

So to everone else, please take the time to watch the video. Hopefully you will enjoy it and offer your comments.

Matt" sit down with some tea and crumpets and enjoy the show mate.... :good:

It's gonna be a long ride partner!!!

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:37 pm

Tea and crumpets, stereotypical much?! I'd definitely prefer two pints of larger and a packet of crisps. :lol: ;)

Matt

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:43 pm

Your topic title was very misleading as well as the initial post and TBH comes off as egotistical to me. I don't get why you were so bent out of shape about the title being changed because it could be worse.

Okay, I finally got around to watching it, I liked your use of the televisions to show footage and I understand what you're going for but somewhere in the middle it starts to fall apart and go off track as well as get a little too choppy or jumpy in the clips, there's even a shot in there of someone's pic inserted O_o. A bit too much reliance on Trust Doesn't Rust and the KR08 pilot IMO and using the wedding from the Scent of Roses just comes out of no where where are Michael was looking for the other car before that. I'd have to agree about the gun thing too. Also using the new KITT's turbo boost thing for the original just seems out of place and it needed some new KITT CGI-rific stunts. Even if this is only supposed to be a preview, things need to be more coherent and seriously smoothed out.. I could have done without the "shout out" thing too, it just doesn't work. Oh, a scene you should try to incorporate would be from an episode I've forgotten the name of >_< maybe I'm thinking of something else but where Michael and KITT were chasing some car that I think went into a car wash and came out looking different and they lost it. The dialog from that would probably work well with losing the new KITT from their tracking.

This is a mess but screw it, I'm not going to bother moving stuff around to make it flow better (heh), too tired.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: