K.I.2.T.'s dash was inspired by darth vader's mask?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

rwmu
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: K.I.2.T.'s dash was inspired by darth vader's mask?

Post by rwmu » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:10 am

Sorry I'd forgotten this was the Victor Kros is always right board rather than the Knight Rider board.

The interview i'm thinking of with Glen Larson was made at back when the show was on air in a professional produced magazine, which has to be equally as valid an interview in your fan book, I just wish I could remember when I saw it.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:56 am

rwmu wrote:Sorry I'd forgotten this was the Victor Kros is always right board rather than the Knight Rider board.

The interview i'm thinking of with Glen Larson was made at back when the show was on air in a professional produced magazine, which has to be equally as valid an interview in your fan book, I just wish I could remember when I saw it.
- Your sarcasm is not appreciated nor appropriate. Keep it respectful please.

=VK=
:dash:

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:44 am

Knight Rider teaches us respect is earned not demanded. When you do something to earn my respect you will have it.

I again gave an example of evidence and because you don't like it you shout me down, the interview was with Glen Larson at the time the show was on the air, and therefore I would have thought of equal value to an interview given in modern times to a fan book. I don't understand your problem.

I'm pretty sure this board is for open discussion and since your not its owner, a staff member or moderator I don't feel any reason to do as you demand. I'm more than aware of you behaviour and tactics on this and other forums.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:06 pm

rwmu wrote:Knight Rider teaches us respect is earned not demanded. When you do something to earn my respect you will have it.

I again gave an example of evidence and because you don't like it you shout me down, the interview was with Glen Larson at the time the show was on the air, and therefore I would have thought of equal value to an interview given in modern times to a fan book. I don't understand your problem.

I'm pretty sure this board is for open discussion and since your not its owner, a staff member or moderator I don't feel any reason to do as you demand. I'm more than aware of you behaviour and tactics on this and other forums.
rm, do us ALL a favor, and shut your sarcastic mouth for once! I'm a good friend of vic's, and to take a quote from the first spider-man movie; "You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!" so leave victor_kros alone!

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:13 pm

Gentlemen,

I think it’s fair to say that any and all interview material from Glen is pertinent to this disagreement between you.

Also, I believe it goes without saying that modern interviews may be prone to mistakes that are brought on by forgetfulness, as time invariably reduces the accuracy of even our fondest memories, thus, one would assume that interviews conducted back when the show was fresh from the cutting room, would be the most accurate.

However, that being said, it strikes me that in this case, the stories from each interview are pretty much the same, thus bringing this disagreement down to the personal dislike you both have for one another.

It isn’t a stretch to say that you’ve each rubbed the other the wrong way recently, so I’d advise you both to perhaps reconsider if the initial disagreements, whether they be opinion or ego based, are truly worth a continued battle of words that’s clearly not based on differing opinions at the moment.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:27 pm

Kal-el4 wrote:rm, do us ALL a favor, and shut your sarcastic mouth for once! I'm a good friend of vic's, and to take a quote from the first spider-man movie; "You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!" so leave victor_kros alone!
Stefen,

I’d ask you to reconsider your stance here, because a gang mentality is not something that will wash with me when it comes to personal issues, as it breeds the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" attitude, and only serves to incite a larger scale argument that can turn an entire community on its head in a heartbeat.

Matt

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:40 pm

that wasn't my intent, was only defending vk, so I'm sorry if you took it that way matt....

ryytel
Operative

Post by ryytel » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:46 pm

That is sooo true :lol:
Knight Rider "Trust Doesnt Rust"

K.A.R.R. : Do you wish to drive, or shall I.

Tony : Go ahead.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:46 pm

- I'd just like to point out for the record Matthew that he has and continues to attack me first and in a public manner. Why he feels this inherent need is beyond me but my solution is simple, I'm placing him on permanent ignore because if he tells me, "Knight Rider teaches us respect is earned not demanded" and I have given him more than enough opportunity to earn my respect, then he and I have nothing more to discuss, debate, or what have you.

I don't believe people like him have earned the right to lecture me on what is right or wrong. I don't need to be lectured on what Knight Rider teaches people, I already wrote a book on that.

Consistantly referring to my book as a "fan book" in a demeaning manner is blatantly out of line and I won't stand for that kind of disrespect from someone who hasn't written a book themselves - official or otherwise.

The information I gave is accurate. You could call up Larson and Scheffe and they'd tell you the same answers.

I believe you are absolutely correct, this matter comes down to rwmu's dislike of me but honestly no where in my intial posts did I attack him. People asked about information regarding the scanner and I gave it to them. It's what fans do, you help one another learn more about the property we collectively admire.

You know I could have taken the egotistical route and said, "buy my book to find out" but I chose to share instead. That's doing something selfless and noble.

What rwmu has continually chosen to do by targeting me is neither noble nor appropriate. This is the second time he's chosen to do this and I'm done with it.

In my world for people who act like him, respect is not a democracy.

=VK=

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:04 am

Well I've taken what Matthew has said to heart, and I'm going to drop the subject since I cannot seem to get on with VK.

Thankfully VK has put me on ignore there I can now safelly post my opinion without been jumped on.

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:31 am

Why are you guys fighting ?

From what i think is that KR fans should not fight
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:17 am

Unfortunately Ozi,

The Knight Rider community has been fraught with disagreements for years. The most ironic part of it though, is that we’re all here because of a show that conveys such a positive message.

Whether it comes down to a reputation based on prior events, licensing, products, or other philosophical issues, it seems that this community is forever destined to be at odds in some way, shape or form, because someone is always trying to be recognised as the one who’s making the biggest difference.

Seeing the effect that this has on the entire community is particularly disheartening, especially for those of us who’ve been quietly making a difference for many years, but over time, we’ve learned to accept that it’s unlikely to change.

Matt

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:28 pm

Matthew wrote:Unfortunately Ozi,

The Knight Rider community has been fraught with disagreements for years. The most ironic part of it though, is that we’re all here because of a show that conveys such a positive message.

Whether it comes down to a reputation based on prior events, licensing, products, or other philosophical issues, it seems that this community is forever destined to be at odds in some way, shape or form, because someone is always trying to be recognised as the one who’s making the biggest difference.

Seeing the effect that this has on the entire community is particularly disheartening, especially for those of us who’ve been quietly making a difference for many years, but over time, we’ve learned to accept that it’s unlikely to change.

Matt
Very well said, Matt.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:38 pm

This was not my fight. He took the first shot and I ended it. What he did to me is like walking up behind someone and punching them square in the back, then taking advantage of the first cowardly act to proclaim a victory over them.

I do believe in doing things that are positive for the community and the fandom of Knight Rider. Unfortunately there will always be some small majority of people out there who will envy you and attack you in some form of jealousy fueled tantrum because they can't be who you are or have what you work hard to achieve.

I am a man who makes a difference, not the man who makes a difference. I don't care who does more because anything positive collectively helps the fandom as a whole.

Jealousy and envy are human nature and you can't stop it. All you can do is focus on what matters, control what you can, and move past what you cannot.

That is what I have chosen to do and what I choose to do now is get back on topic.

=VK=

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:09 am

Victor Kros wrote: That is what I have chosen to do and what I choose to do now is get back on topic.

=VK=
Exactly, lets all just drop this argument and get back to the Topic. lets remember something, we are all here because we love KR and want to enjoy it, so let have fun :lol: Image :kitt:

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:25 am

Spreading our wings a little from the OP topic

So which shows do we think inspired Knight Rider and which shows were inspired by it?

The obvious inspiration is the Lone Ranger with a healty dash of Ian Flemmings James Bond.

Inspired show I guess would the the other super-vehicle shows, Airwolf, Street Hawk, Viper etc.
I also wonder did JMS have Richard Basehearts voice going through his head when writing the one mind can change the universe lines for B5.

Any others that come to anybodies mind.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue May 12, 2009 2:16 am

ThomasKnight wrote:This question was in my head for a while, and I think I found the visual answer and proof for it :!:
People always talked about it:
Remeber: "It looks like darth vader's bathroom!"
At the knight rider festival and some other times Michael Sheffe told there was some influence from dart vader when he dsigned K.I.2.T. but I wasn't sure.
Soo I started to match the photos from darth vader and K.I.2.T. dash and I realized: the face part of the darth vader mask has the same basic lines that K.I.2.T. has!
What a perfect match :!: :D
So take a look of the following pictures and you will defenetly understand what I'm talking about here :D

Hey Thomas,

I actually managed to make good on my word and record a little video of Michael Scheffe answering your question about being inspired by Vader's mask in the first part of my video clip from the Culver City Car Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDmFC8jfOEo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This should answer your original question.

Enjoy!

=VK=

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Sun May 24, 2009 9:21 pm

Dear Victor,
Thank you soo much for the video :good:
I'm wery happy about it :D
It was wery cool to hear the answer from the designer, so thanks again!
I say a thank you every day to Mr Scheffe for the dash and the KI2T design :good:
:kitt:
"One man can make a difference"
Knight Rider forever