TV By The Numbers for 4/1: What do they mean?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Charlie Brown
Recruit

TV By The Numbers for 4/1: What do they mean?

Post by Charlie Brown » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:29 pm

I didn't see a post about last night's Nielsons or TVBTNs, so I thought I'd at least post a link up:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/04/02/we ... more-15780

Since Chopping Block got chopped, NBC is running a rerun of Law and Order: CI in the 8pm hour. According to TVBTN, NBC was dead last in the 8PM hour, with 1.3/4 in the 18-49 category (5.06 mil viewers).

Now 1.3/4 sounds very low. Much lower than KR08 ever got. But the 5.06 million viewers sounds worrysome, since that's only a little lower than KR08's average viewers per week.

If NBC suffered only a small loss in weekly viewers with a rerun, compared to pushing a new show with production costs for only a small gain, wouldn't that tempt them to can KR to save $$$?

GilmourD
Volunteer

Re: TV By The Numbers for 4/1: What do they mean?

Post by GilmourD » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:57 pm

Don't give them any ideas!

Besides, it's TV By the Numbers... haven't they been saying that Knight Rider's been canceled before the show even started?

Besides... It was April Fool's Day. LOL

honnziva
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: TV By The Numbers for 4/1: What do they mean?

Post by honnziva » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:52 pm

i have no idea what difference april fool's would have.. but we are talking about law and order. when youthink that the other options at that time were lie to me on fox. which was new... and it wasn't normal law and order.. it was law and order criminal intent. that show is on usa now if im not mistaken.

the total viewers is still lower than kr.. but its the 18-34 share that is real real off.. the share is lower than KR and thats a big concentration point for networks
"To our future. No matter who it may take us up against or where"