Deanna Russo quote on Twitter about new series

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightendo77
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Deanna Russo quote on Twitter about new series

Post by knightendo77 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Deanna has just posted this as her latest update on Twitter in response to someone asking when we'll see the next new ep of KR:

"Good question - NBC pulled the plug a few months ago. It's not likely we'll see any new episodes of Knight Rider soon. :-("

What should we make of this, do you think...?
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

TheShadowyFlight
Recruit

Re: Deanna Russo quote on Twitter about new series

Post by TheShadowyFlight » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:47 pm

This could mean two things. The show is canceled and will never be seen again. Or she talking about NBC stopping production on the show for the time being.
NBC stopped the season show due to trying to save a little money due to the bad economy. Knight Rider was not the only show to be affected by this. All production came to an end a while ago. It seems like only a month to us but the filming was finished a few months ago. So no filming, no writing, no nothing until NBC officially says the show will be coming back for a second season.
So "pulled the plug" may just be referring to that and even if it is renewed we won't see new episodes until fall anyway.

RC-1337
Recruit

Post by RC-1337 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:47 pm

Meh... Thought so. =(

Well I guess we can continue our normal lifes without bashing NBC and/or the show itself, without getting disappointed...

*whistles*

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:26 pm

If it is canceled i will not even go close to watching or mentioning NBC
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:31 pm

You know, if I heard someone say "pull the plug" on something, I would immediately assume it to be killed.

Pct1theory
Rookie

Post by Pct1theory » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:24 am

KnightINSTINCT wrote:You know, if I heard someone say "pull the plug" on something, I would immediately assume it to be killed.
agreed.

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:55 am

Hello There Everyone,

Nepa here and here is post that makes sense:

"This could mean two things. The show is canceled and will never be seen again. Or she talking about NBC stopping production on the show for the time being.
NBC stopped the season show due to trying to save a little money due to the bad economy. Knight Rider was not the only show to be affected by this. All production came to an end a while ago. It seems like only a month to us but the filming was finished a few months ago. So no filming, no writing, no nothing until NBC officially says the show will be coming back for a second season.
So "pulled the plug" may just be referring to that and even if it is renewed we won't see new episodes until fall anyway."

I hoping for the latter and we get a second season and new episodes in the fall. This makes sense to me and something that I can live with... :good: :kittside:

Thanks again and take care,
Michael P. Nepa
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:05 am

I only watch NBC for KR,they cancelled my other fave show Journeyman a while ago then I stopped watching then I heard about KR08 and was hooked ever since the pilot.Its the only reason I watch NBC.

Now Im goinga wait and be patient like alot of other people here on the forum and hope for a season 2,nothings official just yet.
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:29 am

Slade wrote:I only watch NBC for KR,they cancelled my other fave show Journeyman a while ago then I stopped watching then I heard about KR08 and was hooked ever since the pilot.Its the only reason I watch NBC.

Now Im goinga wait and be patient like alot of other people here on the forum and hope for a season 2,nothings official just yet.
NBC makes shows that always get low ratings
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:55 pm

Deanna has just posted this as her latest update on Twitter

Well can you tell when it was posted. I think that clears it up right there.

When you say pull the plug now, it probally means cancelled.

If you would have said pull the plug a few months ago, it could have been taken as reduced season etc....
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:28 pm

I think she's just being realistic with how things have gone with the show and NBC's lack of support for it since it premiered.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:15 pm

I had a fear i was seeing that the ratings were a bit low and NBC would not keep the show ON air.This is probably one of the most depressing news i have heard recently. :cry: :cry: :cry:

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:16 pm

DevonStyles wrote:Deanna has just posted this as her latest update on Twitter

Well can you tell when it was posted. I think that clears it up right there.

When you say pull the plug now, it probally means cancelled.

If you would have said pull the plug a few months ago, it could have been taken as reduced season etc....
I posted this thread's first post a few minutes after she posted on her Twitter account, as I'm following her and mine updated to include her new post. So this was made just a few minutes before the time on my first post above.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:45 am

It could have the two meanings, but as an actress who is working in the show, logically speaking here, dont the network tell her in advance to make sure she will be free to come for season 2? I mean isnt there a possiblity for her to work for another show as Billy did??
Hope you got what I mean :lol: Image :kitt:

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:50 am

well that would mean justin would get to know, and we asked him at the festival and he didn't know anything.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:05 am

No, the actors are usually the last to know these kind of things. Many of them don't know about it until someone else even tells them or they read about it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:56 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:No, the actors are usually the last to know these kind of things. Many of them don't know about it until someone else even tells them or they read about it.
and what happens if they do what billy did? getting involved with other shows?? Image :kitt:

Knight67
Stranger

Post by Knight67 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:03 pm

Looked over this 'Deanna Russo' Twitter account, and quite frankly it's a bit suspect anyway. Come on Deanna, if it's really you, post some pics only you could have. Greg Grunberg and Ashton Kutcher know what's up. Otherwise, just some poser that I'm not gonna believe anything they tweet.

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:23 pm

Knight67 wrote:Looked over this 'Deanna Russo' Twitter account, and quite frankly it's a bit suspect anyway. Come on Deanna, if it's really you, post some pics only you could have. Greg Grunberg and Ashton Kutcher know what's up. Otherwise, just some poser that I'm not gonna believe anything they tweet.
It's not very nice to say that those of us that follow her are stupid enough to fall for a prank! I'm following a few celebrities and imposters are easy to spot, and if they're not easy to spot it soon becomes apparent they are. Jonathan Ross, Eddie Izzard, Jason Bradbury, Susi Perry and James Moran and the crew of Primeval are all on my list and quite frankly I'm not a silly youngster who would fall for imposters. I'm 31 years old and have deleted imposters after I've had a look at their accounts.

Sorry, but it's wishful thinking that this isn't her after what she said about KR. Besides, as people have pointed out above she finished filming months ago, long before the series ended, and NBC HAD pulled the plug on season one all those months back after episode 17 instead of 22. It's her personal opinion that we're not going to see any anytime soon. Let's leave it at that instead of undermining the intelligence of your fellow forum users that follow her just because you don't wish to think she'd say such a thing.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:08 pm

Maybe ppl like billy and deanna could work on other projects except Justin since..........he is the MAIN character.

Who knows..............to the looks of it, NBC will be trying to get alot of new shows for the fall, alot of shows are being canned or feared of cancellation.

I hope NBC thinks about KR longer
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

probe2006
Volunteer

Post by probe2006 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:38 pm

i dont beleive any of it after all it could be our old poser friend from the chat room we cant stop her over there. kr will be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:32 am

Neil made a topic that directed us to the Twitter page, it's her and since Neil is the one that posted it, it's more than confirmed. Besides, the writing on there is way too good for that Deanna wannabe, not to mention it's where we found out Deanna wouldn't be at KRF. The denial here is just silly.

probe2006
Volunteer

Post by probe2006 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:02 pm

never said it wasnt her but till i heard other wise it was fake

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:47 pm

KITT wrote:well that would mean justin would get to know, and we asked him at the festival and he didn't know anything.
Precisely Justin is not doing anything as of March 20th and said repeatedly that he didn't know if NBC has axed KR. I'd say she is talking about the first season. I'd also say it is her as if it isn't it's to good of a fake for me to care :). I know I am not giving up hope yet. :good:
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:27 am

So any ideas as to when we will receive actual official word on this one way or the other? 'Cause I'm sick and tired of this rumors here and there and well everywhere...