KR Festival No Shows

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KR Festival No Shows

Post by MR2NR » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:21 pm

David H. said he could not make it a week out and we understand he has another project/job but I was expecting to see a few more of the KR cast and crew especially from the 08 series.

So whatever happened to Deanna? She was the first big VIP saying she would love to make it and the day before the event she post on twitter she can't show? I knew we was in trouble when I seen she was flying overseas for the USO tour the week before.

Did Paul ask Bruce, Paul, or Sydney? What about Gary? Did anybody from Masterkey films show up?

Steve Whiteside was another big person I would have love to have met being he is the only person to work on both sets.

I know Patrica McPherson would be a tough show as she does more environmental work now but has anybody heard from her within the past decade? From reading the companion I figure she would love to reunite with the cast and fans.

Don't get me wrong I had a great time there but just wanted to know why these people couldn't make it :)
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: KR Festival No Shows

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:13 pm

Seeing as how the only old cast members would have been Rebecca Holden and Catherine hickland maybe she thought she wouldn't have enough interesting company for to make the convention.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:52 pm

MR2NR wrote:David H. said he could not make it a week out and we understand he has another project/job but I was expecting to see a few more of the KR cast and crew especially from the 08 series.

So whatever happened to Deanna? She was the first big VIP saying she would love to make it and the day before the event she post on twitter she can't show? I knew we was in trouble when I seen she was flying overseas for the USO tour the week before.

Did Paul ask Bruce, Paul, or Sydney? What about Gary? Did anybody from Masterkey films show up?

Steve Whiteside was another big person I would have love to have met being he is the only person to work on both sets.

I know Patrica McPherson would be a tough show as she does more environmental work now but has anybody heard from her within the past decade? From reading the companion I figure she would love to reunite with the cast and fans.

Don't get me wrong I had a great time there but just wanted to know why these people couldn't make it :)
- Just to be clear, David Hasselhoff did NOT say he couldn't make it a week out. If this was the case, efforts would not have been made to try and get him there at the last possible minute. I just want to state that for the record.

We did everything in our power to get David to attend, even going as far as to spend our own hard earned money to get him there but in the end it didn't make a difference. Perhaps next year he may rectify these circumstances but until then, I will not cut him or his people (except Joe B) any slack for the unprofessionalism that was experienced.

As I understand it, Ann Turkel wanted to attend but unfortunately became ill before the event and was unable to travel and appear. I thank her for her enthusiasm but we most definately would not want any cast or crew to put their health in jeapordy.

All that aside, those who did show up made all the difference and kept this show running in a positive direction enough for fans to request another event next year. We wanted to get Knight Rider back on the map in a big way and Paul Casey and all those involved in his staffand Barris's people did just that...mission accomplished.

=VK=
:dash:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:36 pm

Deanna had a last minute conflict come up that was unavoidable - I'm sure she was completely bummed to miss it (and she's said since that Justin rubbed in how cool it was)

Paul wanted to come, but had a prior conflict for work/charity. I reached out to Bruce and Yancey but didn't hear back. I know Patricia was reached out to by several people with no response. Steve said he would be there Saturday, but not sure what happened. I tried inviting Gary several times, but that didn't work out either.

Regardless - those that did come made the event fantastic and were amazing themselves. Very kind and appreciative of the fans, what more could you want?

With a year under our belt, we have no where to go but up.

Realm
Recruit

Post by Realm » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:21 pm

Wasn't the Hoff supposed to record a video in place of him not appearing? I seem to recall that's what his agent/rep stated from the formal letter about the Hoff not able to appear at KR Festival.

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:23 pm

neps wrote:Deanna had a last minute conflict come up that was unavoidable - I'm sure she was completely bummed to miss it (and she's said since that Justin rubbed in how cool it was)

Paul wanted to come, but had a prior conflict for work/charity. I reached out to Bruce and Yancey but didn't hear back. I know Patricia was reached out to by several people with no response. Steve said he would be there Saturday, but not sure what happened. I tried inviting Gary several times, but that didn't work out either.

Regardless - those that did come made the event fantastic and were amazing themselves. Very kind and appreciative of the fans, what more could you want?

With a year under our belt, we have no where to go but up.
Thanks Neil for the info. I understand that you are hard pressed to get everyone to show and this event was bigger than I could imagine. I was just curious if the invite was sent out. :) Hopefully though with a years notice next year will be bigger eeek :shock: .

What could be more important than a charity event :).

This year was great though and lets not let Knight Rider fade away ;).
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:28 pm

Hasselhoff and his people are being attacked for unprofessionalism?? He had to go to work! He couldn't just tell his employers he wouldn't be working that day, THAT would've been unprofessional.

If, however, this is about not telling the Festival organisers in advance then fair enough, he should've told them in advance so they wouldn't have been expecting him, but perhaps he was trying his best but couldn't get out of his commitments. After all, AI is a HUGE show and the amount of hopefuls that would have to be rescheduled would be impossible.

However, even if he had told the Festival he couldn't make it a week in advance, I'm sorry but no amount of effort would've been able to get him there since he was filming elsewhere on a show he doesn't own, a show that employs him and tells him whether he could get out of that day's filming or not.

If he didn't say anything and just didn't come, then fine that's unprofessional and I'll agree with that.

But not being able to come was beyond his control, whether he said in advance or not that much wouldn't have changed.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:44 pm

knightendo77 wrote:Hasselhoff and his people are being attacked for unprofessionalism?? He had to go to work! He couldn't just tell his employers he wouldn't be working that day, THAT would've been unprofessional.

If, however, this is about not telling the Festival organisers in advance then fair enough, he should've told them in advance so they wouldn't have been expecting him, but perhaps he was trying his best but couldn't get out of his commitments. After all, AI is a HUGE show and the amount of hopefuls that would have to be rescheduled would be impossible.

However, even if he had told the Festival he couldn't make it a week in advance, I'm sorry but no amount of effort would've been able to get him there since he was filming elsewhere on a show he doesn't own, a show that employs him and tells him whether he could get out of that day's filming or not.

If he didn't say anything and just didn't come, then fine that's unprofessional and I'll agree with that.

But not being able to come was beyond his control, whether he said in advance or not that much wouldn't have changed.
- With all due respect you were not involved with the negotiations to get David there so you do not have all the facts in the matter. You risked nothing where others have and as far as I'm concerned I will not change my stance on the matter over the things I experienced. What I and others experienced was unprofessional.

Again I tried to state to you, he's involved with America's Got Talent, not American Idol. We heard nothing from Hasselhoff, we accepted (from his reps) he couldn't make it, and then were told that it was possible to get him there at the last possible second putting our collective finances on the line to get him airfare, just to discover an empty seat on the plane he was supposed to arrive on.

With respects to David this is a sore subject that is best left alone.

=VK=

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:58 pm

I was trying to make it clear in my post that I was trying to understand what exactly he was being criticised for, which is why I said I agreed if it was down to a particular thing - not informing you all.

Now, however, you've made it clear what exactly happened. I must confess I never knew, you see, about the fact that you had all put money together...? So I hope you can understand why I seemed confused. Have I got this right, you had to put money together to get him there? Why couldn't he pay for it himself? You're right, this sounds absolutely unacceptable Victor, and after your reply I couldn't agree more with you.

I know you said it's a sore point but I'd just like to ask if I got that right? That you guys had to pay for his travel?? I thought he was all for charity work, not very nice (or professional) to ask the event to pay for his travel! And then after they do, not to turn up!

And apologies for my continued confusion between AI and AGT, all those sorts of shows are the same to me, even the ones here in the UK I can't name right because I just don't have anything to do with them lol.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:20 pm

knightendo77 wrote:I was trying to make it clear in my post that I was trying to understand what exactly he was being criticised for, which is why I said I agreed if it was down to a particular thing - not informing you all.

Now, however, you've made it clear what exactly happened. I must confess I never knew, you see, about the fact that you had all put money together...? So I hope you can understand why I seemed confused. Have I got this right, you had to put money together to get him there? Why couldn't he pay for it himself? You're right, this sounds absolutely unacceptable Victor, and after your reply I couldn't agree more with you.

I know you said it's a sore point but I'd just like to ask if I got that right? That you guys had to pay for his travel?? I thought he was all for charity work, not very nice (or professional) to ask the event to pay for his travel! And then after they do, not to turn up!

And apologies for my continued confusion between AI and AGT, all those sorts of shows are the same to me, even the ones here in the UK I can't name right because I just don't have anything to do with them lol.
- It's ok, no worries and yes, now you understand more why it's a sore subject to discuss. I think David is a great man and no question an icon of Knight Rider but as a fan I thought he of all people should have been there and for whatever reason he didn't come. Perhaps next year, who knows.

I've met David, I didn't need him to come to Knight Rider Festival on my behalf. I wanted him there because the fans would want him there and during the event the #1 question on everyone's mind was, "Where is David/The Hoff?" - a question none of us could answer because we were never given a clear reason why he couldn't show. One person said one thing, another person said something different. The definitive truth however is for whatever reason, he didn't come and fans were disappointed by his absence.

I want to make it clear I think David Hasselhoff as a person is a very talented and special guy. For me, the side of David that is Michael Knight will always take more presidence in my heart and all the good things the character he played stood for. That is the side of The Hoff I will always treasure and admire.

As I stated before in this particular event, Justin Bruening was the greater Michael Knight and I thank him profusely for taking the time to interact with his fans and respect the fandom of Knight Rider itself. He is another man who chose to make a diference and the fans respect and admire him all the more for it.

Someday I would love to see Glen Larson, Justin Bruening, and David Hasselhoff all on the same stage together - that trifecta would truly be a legendary accomplishment.

=VK=

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:20 pm

i definitely heard a LOT of people asking about him at the festival. especially when paul casey was introducing a special guest, i heard people in the audience shouting "hasselhoff!"
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;