A Thank You from Glen A. Larson

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

A Thank You from Glen A. Larson

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:26 am

Greetings everyone,

While I wish I had a video of this, I am going to take this moment to convey a message that Glen asked me to pass on to the fans when I met with him at his place this evening. Bare in mind this is paraphrased here but he thanks all the fans he met at the VIP party at Knight Rider Festival and the fans all across the world for supporting a show that is 27 years old.

His exact word to describe his reaction to the overwhelming support for his vision at Knight Rider Festival was, humbled. He was extremely humbled to see that people care so much about a show with a man who does not exist and his talking automotive partner KITT.

Who would have thought that such a unique concept could continue to withstand the tests of time and continue to draw a crowd today. Much like the Lone Ranger, you fans continue to make a difference and he thanks you very, very, much. He is truly touched by your dedication and he vows that Michael Knight and KITT will rise from the ashes anew and fight the forces of evil once more across the silver screen.

He regrets not being more involved at KRF but has promised not to allow the same circumstances to happen again. He does care about you the fans and he wants to give back. He greatly enjoyed Knight Rider Festival and he thanks Paul Casey for making the event possible and more importantly, successful. Glen always supports the worthy task of raising money for charity and while things could have been better organized, he was very touched by the people he met.

Glen was extremely humbled by the towering video of Knight Rider clips that played on the Fremont Street Experience screen. It brought back a lot of memories for him hearing the Knight Rider theme pumping through the street and he was in awe at all the people he saw gathered on the street he could see from the balcony of The Gold Digger's club. It has really opened his eyes that people have really taken what he started and have carried on its legacy in new and exciting ways. Glen said he never signed so many autographs in his life at one time and he was very pleased to meet all of you who approached him at the party.

With all that being said, I am now in discussions with Glen to find ways for him to better reach out to his fans. One idea that he has agreed to is to hold a Q&A video chat upon which I would help him field questions and he would answer you directly through the webcam probably in a kyte chatroom. Since Glen's eyesight is not that great, this is the best way for him to address your questions (which I would read to him) and you know that when it comes from the source, it's the truth.

I look forward very much to helping out with this event and will keep you posted as to a time and place when the details are further along. He has assured me that we will make this happen in the very near future.

We are also going to plan out another video message like the one that was done for Knightcon 07 awhile back to bring the fans up to date on the motion picture progress and to allow Glen to tell you in his own words how much he thanks you for your support.

On a personal note, thanks again for supporting myself and for continuing to support Glen. You all have inspired him with your passion and your determination to keep the spirit of Knight Rider alive and with all the replicas you build and the stories you share.

It is because of you, the fans that this property will continue to evolve and move forward for new generations to enjoy as well as the older fans who were there from the beginning.

Like a mighty pheonix, Michael and KITT will rise again.

I will continue to do everything I can keep you informed on all aspects (that I can discuss) of the Larson Camp progress.

=VK=
:dash:

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: A Thank You from Glen A. Larson

Post by knightprobe89 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:03 am

glen larson is awesome, it is very nice of him to send us a message, i hope his movie goes into production very soon. :good:
in glen larson we trust.

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:26 pm

No reaosn to not ask the questions here. MOD/Administrator can turn off his PMs so he won't get inundated with dumb questions and requests from fans.

As for his eye sight, all he has to do -- or you can do, Victor, is in an open internet explorer window, click on:
View
Text Size
Largest

There may even be a manual way to increase it even more, and a way to adjust the size of the text he types for replies.
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:27 pm

tharpdevenport wrote:No reaosn to not ask the questions here. MOD/Administrator can turn off his PMs so he won't get inundated with dumb questions and requests from fans.

As for his eye sight, all he has to do -- or you can do, Victor, is in an open internet explorer window, click on:
View
Text Size
Largest

There may even be a manual way to increase it even more, and a way to adjust the size of the text he types for replies.
- Thanks for the tips. If he agrees to the chat, Glen is unlikely to be typing anything since he will probably have a problem keeping up with the chat scroll but he will respond verbally through the video chat audio. I will do most of the typing on his behalf and read him the questions from the fans. The chat is more than likely going to last about an hour max - it depends on how long Glen wishes to continue it. This would be a joint venture between knightridercompanion.com and knightrideronline.

The video Q&A chat will likely take place from Larson's home (most likely in his office) using the kyte chat system.

The plan is to work together with Neil to moderate the questions as well. Wouldn't want a Family Guy scenerio where people ask about everything but Knight Rider questions right? hehe

=VK=
:dash:

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:08 am

Heck, if he or you have a video camera, maybe once a month questions from fans could be collected, printed out, and he can answer them on video, then load them to YouTube.com
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:38 am

I had something else to say but now I forget what it was. >_< So anyway I'll just ramble a bit. Cool stuff! I'm glad he enjoyed his time at the KRF, hope this all comes together because it'd be interesting to get some thoughts from the man himself on KR and possibly other topics. :good: I had a question but I think I'll save it for later, heh.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: