Knight Rider Festival 2010

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

March2875
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight Rider Festival 2010

Post by March2875 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:17 pm

Im planning on being a part of it next year. I am trying to talk a friend who knows his way around Vegas to accompany My Brother, Sister, and I. I checked airfare for us also. Even though I don't have the exact dates I plugged in the dates for this past event in the month of February just to get an estimated price for 4 people.

The flight alone came to an estimated grand total of $3162.00 round trip. Glad I have a year to save for that.

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:28 pm

March2875 wrote:Im planning on being a part of it next year. I am trying to talk a friend who knows his way around Vegas to accompany My Brother, Sister, and I. I checked airfare for us also. Even though I don't have the exact dates I plugged in the dates for this past event in the month of February just to get an estimated price for 4 people.

The flight alone came to an estimated grand total of $3162.00 round trip. Glad I have a year to save for that.
WOW 3000.00 for four from West Virginia!!! I left from Missouri with 4 people and it ran 1000.00 RT. I think if you check into a flight three months out and watch it like a hawk you can get a much better deal. How many layovers is it and which airline? I think Southwest has a very good deal running now if you have an airport near you that uses them. I think Norfolk is the closest to you and right now you can go per person for 200$ per person RT. We flew Allegiant as we didn't want to drive to KC.

I think the best deals are found at the Southwest.com site. The third party bookers i.e. Travelocity and Expedia, are charging more for the major airlines. But a year out you really don't know what the prices are going to do but things are looking like they will be going down.
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:48 am

Actually its 3 from WV, and the friend will be flying from Jacksonville, FL. I used Priceline.com and the cheapest flight I could find was with Continential Airlines. We have one stop in Houston Tx. Coming back its Delta Airlines with one stop in Cinnicannti OH. This includes the Florida route as well. We'd meet our friend in Houston and be on the same plane with him.

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:27 am

How far do you live from Norfolk? It's def cheaper flying Southwest now and they have nonstop flights as well. With Priceline I never could find a deal less than 300$ per person. Well whatever you do I hope to see you there :).

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:33 am

Not sure how many people realize this but a lot of sites like Priceline.com don't search every airline. For instance, they don't search Southwest Airlines which advertises special web-only fares that, if you catch early, can be had for as little as $149 for round trip across the country. My wife and I are planning a trip to San Diego in August and we'll be flying out of Washington D.C. and that $149 fare is available. I have yet to find an airline with better prices so if you are planning on going to Vegas for the festival next year, try Southwest first.

Edit: MR2NR - awww, you beat me to it! LOL Oh well, same tip here.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:57 pm

I always recomend http://www.kayak.com/ It searches sites like priceline as well as most airlines all at once. It doesn't charge you any finders fee because it will take you straight to the airline to book. Though I notice it doesn't search Virgin America, and that airline has been running great deals lately. Not to mention the planes are kinda cool.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:22 pm

Sue wrote:I always recomend http://www.kayak.com/ It searches sites like priceline as well as most airlines all at once. It doesn't charge you any finders fee because it will take you straight to the airline to book. Though I notice it doesn't search Virgin America, and that airline has been running great deals lately. Not to mention the planes are kinda cool.
Sorry Sue we where talking about thriftiness. I cannot afford this....you must be really doing well for yourself :).

oh haha April Fools!!!!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:00 pm

me too, I'm already planning it.

tigersharka
Operative

Post by tigersharka » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:04 pm

KNIGHT RIDER FESTIVAL - LAS VEGAS-NV - MARCH 19-20, 2010 (Friday-Saturday)

Details will be posted in the next few months...hotel, schedule, VIPs, and more!

See you in Vegas, baby!
Paul
http://www.lasvegascarstars.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May 16-17, 2014 Las Vegas, NV
"Only Las Vegas"

TheShadowyFlight
Recruit

Post by TheShadowyFlight » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:24 pm

I'm glad the dates are set so far in advance so I can plan to attend both days next year!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:31 pm

I will once again be pleased to support Paul Casey and be a pivitol part of making Knight Rider Festival II the best show it can be in March 2010! When it comes to sequels you always do it bigger and better than the first.

If Knight Rider Festival was legendary, Knight Rider Festival II will be epic.

=VK=
:dash:

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:26 am

if there's anything i can do to help you out paul, just let me know! i hope you enjoyed the story we did on the news.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:27 am

Im so there...like yesterday...LOL....I cannot wait...Im asking off for work in advance like tomorrow :D
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:32 pm

Sue wrote:
ozikool wrote:
KITT wrote:why? the festival website says see you in 2010.
Does it,I see.Iheard allot from people saying it wont happend like only in 2 years
Not sure where you heard that. We asked Paul in person and got a definite yes for next year. He also posted here on the forum about it.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14185#p173860" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I heard it from the chat on saturday or friday on the festival days
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:50 pm

Not sure where you heard that. We asked Paul in person and got a definite yes for next year. He also posted here on the forum about it.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14185#p173860" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote]

I heard it from the chat on saturday or friday on the festival days[/quote]

Knight Rider Festival II WILL happen, March 19-20th 2010.

Take it to the bank and when you're unsure about information, always consider the source.

=VK=

Honeykitt
Rookie

Post by Honeykitt » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:17 pm

I am seriously going to make every attempt to be there next year. All the videos and stuff made me jealous :P .

Woot woot

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:11 pm

I will be there as well (provided I don't get sent to Afghanistan by then "knock on wood") and I hope to have my Silver Mustang Replica completed by then. I'm still debating wether I should display that one or the T/A conversion (once I complete the Mustang one first, of course). More to follow on this action.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:00 am

Any word on hotels or any other arrangements yet?
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:08 pm

tamatt27 wrote:Any word on hotels or any other arrangements yet?
I doubt Paul will have that set up so soon yet as last year a few event staff backed out a month before. I'd expect to see host hotel information around November and guest confirmations in January. With the numbers of people interested in this event I'm sure he will give us ample time to make reservations but I wouldn't wait around any :).

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sat May 02, 2009 6:32 am

Just a heads up, the new logo for Knight Rider Festival II taking place March 19-20th in 2010 is officially complete.

Expect a big reveal soon. The logo is not drastically changed from the original but rather added on to in order to create a new yet familiar look and feel. I assure you it is miles above what is in the news section at the moment.

and yes it still lights up and animates ;)

Stay tuned.

=VK=

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sat May 02, 2009 9:56 am

Victor, I thought of something this morning. Would it be possible to find a desert space, similat to that of the KR opening scene, to gather with all the replicas planning to attend? I'd offer my services as video cameraman in order to get some good quality video of all the replicas. I will Definatly be bringing my KI3T, hopefully Taoworm23 and others will be able to follow suit.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

james olden
FLAG Recruit

Post by james olden » Mon May 04, 2009 12:56 am

yessir im already waiting for it thank god its happening but let me tell you all something ok i live in las vegas nevada i feel for you out of town people the best places to stay at over that weekend is downtown its cheaper than the strip of course get your reservation and plane tickets online early. too bad i missed it last year we only have one car my new wife and i was arguing she didnt want to go to the festival i wanted to go and bring her with me she hates knight rider and also we had a wedding to plan for but ima be sure next year im going no matter what i dont care lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On the Quest for filling in the gaps from right after after Scent of Roses 1986- Knight Rider 2008

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Mon May 04, 2009 1:18 am

With the way things are looking I maybe staying with a relative in Vegas for the Festival next year.
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Tue May 05, 2009 2:56 pm

james olden wrote:yessir im already waiting for it thank god its happening but let me tell you all something ok i live in las vegas nevada i feel for you out of town people the best places to stay at over that weekend is downtown its cheaper than the strip of course get your reservation and plane tickets online early. too bad i missed it last year we only have one car my new wife and i was arguing she didnt want to go to the festival i wanted to go and bring her with me she hates knight rider and also we had a wedding to plan for but ima be sure next year im going no matter what i dont care lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hear ya there James and my wife thinks I am obsessed with KR (better this than the alternative, right?) Anyway, if she doesn't want to come with me, I go alone too! Anyone got any thoughts on roomate accomodations for the KR weekend? say, a bunch of us get together, pick a hotel (say Holiday Inn Express) and who knows, maybe we could even cut costs of room and board for the weekend. Just thought though. My alternative is to use my Parents Timeshare, since they don't come to Vegas as much as they would love too. :karr:

craig3sixteen
Recruit

Post by craig3sixteen » Tue May 05, 2009 5:13 pm

I wouldnt miss it for anything, DECEPTIKARR returns to LAS VEGAS baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think i will start tear down in the summer just to get ready to show off new toys for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to see everyone again and meet those who missed it last year. I can only imagine that KRF 2 will be off the charts.