Mayor to ride in for 'Knight' stunt

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Mayor to ride in for 'Knight' stunt

Post by Kram061-1 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:55 pm

Check this out, pretty cool....

http://www.lvrj.com/news/41554567.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's part of the article:

When it comes to grand entrances, Mayor Oscar Goodman is the king.

At 6 tonight, he is arriving on the ride of all rides: K.I.T.T., the iconic talking car from David Hasselhoff's hit 1980s show "Knight Rider," will come down Fremont Street balanced on two side wheels.

It's known as the ski stunt and the last time it was seen on Fremont Street was 1971, when a yellow Mustang performed the maneuver during a race scene in the James Bond flick "Diamonds Are Forever."

K.I.T.T., a customized Shelby Mustang, will deliver Goodman to a First Street stage, where he will join 18 celebrities and designate Saturday as Knight Rider Festival Day. Some 50 K.I.T.T. cars, including the new one that appears in NBC's new "Knight Rider" series, will be on display on Fremont Street. Among the celebrities will be Justin Bruening, the star of the new series, and Catherine Hickland, who appeared in three episodes of the original series while engaged to Hasselhoff. The original "Knight Rider" ran from 1982 to 1986.

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Re: Mayor to ride in for 'Knight' stunt

Post by K.A.C.I. » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:03 pm

Another one who apparently can't keep his KITTs straight. That said, that is REALLY cool.
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Mayor to ride in for 'Knight' stunt

Post by KITT » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:50 am

he also showed up with two showgirls by his side :P
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;