It's Offical!!! Legacy of Knight movie preview

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

It's Offical!!! Legacy of Knight movie preview

Post by DevonStyles » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:14 pm

I told you guys it was comming. I don't think you will ever see a video like this. This is not a Knight rider mash-up. This is not clips put togther and just throwing a song on top of it for entertainment value. This is a full blown re-telling of the knight rider story... There is no telling where this story will go. This was my first attempt and making a video. I hope you guys like it. I'm sure it will get even better as my movie making skills improve.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=54210375" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ok I got an edit of my first video up, but when I try and put it up on the tube it says it's too long... video is only a 1min 45 secs but for for some reason the tube thinks it's 1hr 45 minutes long... No idea what I am doing wrong... I did get it uploaded to myspace though.... here is the link. It's just a preview of my final masterpiece... lol

Check it out and leave feedback!!!
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Stuntman Lee
Rookie

Re: It's Offical!!! Legacy of Knight movie preview

Post by Stuntman Lee » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:15 pm

DevonStyles wrote: I don't think you will ever see a video like this. This is not a Knight rider mash-up. This is not clips put togther...
I'm sorry but it is a mash-up and clips put together.

There was me thinking that you'd be showing us material you filmed yourself.
Love child of The Hoff.

mustang_fan91
Rookie

Post by mustang_fan91 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:30 pm

All I got to say is wow. I know this will be worth the wait.

Great job
KI3T: "I have something we need to discuss. It's important."
Mike: "Dude, It's been a really long day and if you're secretly falling in love with me, I'm going to be awfully upset"

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:52 pm

Ahem I beg your pardon but your video it is very much clips of both the TOS and the new show thrown together.

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:19 pm

This was not the entire video.... only a little preview of what "legacy of Knight has in store for you guys...

What this is very different from what I have seen from anyone else do. This was only a small part of the big picture. These specific clips are being put togther to tell a different story then the one that was already told.

Anyone can put togther a couple chase scenes and a couple turbo boosts and add some crazy effects and some music and have a cool video. That is not the purpose of Legacy of Knight.

Listen to the dialog. things are being re-constructed in a way to tell a brand new story.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:59 pm

You only need to have one active topic for this project Devon. Please don’t repost it in other sections of the forum after duplicates have already being removed.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:45 am

Well Done you've made Knight Rider 2008 look really epic by creating the worst kind of episode a clip show! :wink:

If you want to make a new Knight Rider story and don't have film skills to do it, why not do an audio story instead, nobody will mind if you use sound effect clips and you can have Micheal and KITT even if they don't look like the originals (any version) because peoples imagination will fill in the gaps
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:21 pm

Well I was really hoping to get a little more feedback. I thought for sure the majority of you guys would really enjoy the teaser. I know my editing skills are not great yet, but I honestly feel it is a much more diverse and cool video then most of the other youtube videos that people have made that I have seen.

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:54 pm

It is, they just think they are better than you. It is called nonconstructive critisism. I, for one, liked it and think it was a good job, especially for someone who is not a professional. Great job!

sandmanz613
Volunteer

Post by sandmanz613 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:27 pm

Hey DevonStyles...nice job. I for one was watching with interest to see what you would piece together next to weave a different story line. I can't wait for the rest.

Don't really take the comments seriously..I have found the majority of the people on this forum to be house-bound agoraphobes!

Good-God folks...here is someone who is obviously a KR fan who has put his passion into a tribute video to the KR Legacy, while adding a creative flare and all you can do is criticizes and say things like....ummm it is a cut and paste job....

Really, you know what...YOU go and make something like DevonStyles created...then we will talk!
Until then...if you don't have something nice to say...you know...stick it!

Again--DevonStyles...nice job! :good:

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:08 pm

Devonstyles, it's definately very creative, and somewhat funny. But, aside from the repeated use of the original KR08 opening credits in the TV screens, there was no original material. But then again, we can't really expect anyone to be able to produce an entire show/movie/trailer from scratch, unless it's Glen A. Larson or GST.

So, good job editing. 8)
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:14 pm

In other words, these are all fancy words for: REMAKE

You were bitten by Hollywood, weren't you?
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:40 pm

Is that supposed to be meant harshly?

Honeykitt
Rookie

Post by Honeykitt » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:10 am

I watched your video. While I do agree it's video clips put together from the two shows, I very much disagree it's a mishmash. It's seems like it's being put together with a certain storyline in mind and to me it made sense.

Good job hun, you have way better skills at this than I do..../cheer :good:

I intend on keeping tabs on this and watching how the story your weaving unfolds. :D

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:15 pm

Thanks for the support guys..... I appreciate the positive comments. I could understand the negative ones if they actually made sense. Of course it's clips of knight rider... WOuld it be better if I filmed kitt made out of legos or a couple remote control cars? DUH.... :good:

rwmu
Operative

Post by rwmu » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:37 pm

Yes Devonstyles if would be better if you did brand new material by what ever method, or at least made clear in the original post it was a bunch of re-editied clips.

If you'd been honest from the start then you'd have got a lot more of a positive response.
Είναι καλύτερο να θεωρηθεί ως ανόητος, από να ανοιχτεί το στόμα σας και να αφαιρεθεί όλη η αμφιβολία.

KnightInfiniti
Stranger

Post by KnightInfiniti » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:53 pm

Good job, I see where you're going with this :good:

What he's trying to accomplish, for those of you who think he's created a mish-mash of clips, is this, it's one of the best fan made flicks using editing software and clips probably ever made. It's Robocop vs The Terminator, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oW1N4MR ... annel_page

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:37 pm

He was truthful from the start. Do you want me to show you a video of what he means by saying "mash up". It is just a bunch of turbo boosts and stuff all put together with music in the background. No storyline. This has a storyline. Need more proof?

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:21 am

ok Big news.... The second extended preview for legacy of Knight is finished and in the can..... Now if only The suits at NBC and YOUTUBE as well as MYSPACE would give me a break I could bring it too you. They should want the knight rider brand promoted..... I've learned alot since i did this first video.... the new preview will blow your minds!!!!!! Believe me!!!!

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:11 am

i saw a bit last night, but i had to get off suddenly cuz i had to go to bed.