NBC's "Kings" bombs as well

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Super Flash
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: NBC's "Kings" bombs as well

Post by Super Flash » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:38 am

:D Hello There Everyone,

While I am still new here and I am tired of hearing about Knight Rider's possible cancellation which by the way, I figure will not happen could someone tell me why some of are convinced why Ms. Bromstad hates Knight Rider as you all have stated here in this thread? I do agree that NBC brings nothing to the table as far as entertainment. Knight Rider is the only thing I watch network tv for. ABC nothing and the same goes for CBS. Well actually I do watch CBS for their NFL coverage and that is it. Their shows do nothing for me. I do like the Game Show Network for The Family Feud, Weakest Link. Greed: The Series, Who Wants To Be A Millionair, and so forth. I know they are all in reruns but, other then Knight Rider it is far better then what is on the networks now. I do watch USA and SCI-FI for wrestling and MyNetwork TV for wrestling and that is it. The rest of my time is either spent working or cleaning my house. If Knight Rider is indeed cancelled something I refused to believe at the moment then, NBC lost me as a viewer. I am not a fan of Leno and Conan did nothing for me. I do like Letterman though...

Well, that is it for now and here is to season two of Knight Rider. One can only speculate as to what stories and adventures that will happen... :good: :?:

Thanks and take care,
Michael P. Nepa :kitt:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

larmindy
Volunteer

Post by larmindy » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:40 am

This thread has brought up a decent topic in and of itself, which Network has shows that you watch, or what else do you watch besides KR. Not sure if this should be a separate thread or not, but since some have already commented here I will just continue with the trend (mods feel free to move if needed).

Mon:
Chuck
Tue:
NCIS
TIVO from Sunday (gotta watch trump)
Wed:
KR
Life
Thurs:
Hell's Kitchen
ER
Fri:
Numbers
Terminator (loosing me tho)

We do some TIVO stuff;
Survivorman, Kids shows on PBS for the little one, Ghost Hunters, Monk and Psych (but we missed this whole season of these shows)

Thats all, to the person who asked if we complained this much in the 80's for the original we didn't. Probably two reasons for this: 1) viewers did not use the net as much. 2) the Nielsen system worked back then, at the very least worked better than it does now.

:kitt2:

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:07 pm

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:KR is better than like everything on TV! :D If NBC kills KR, I'm not watching their network again.
I agree i will never watch NBC.I will make complains untill they get annoyed. and i will make people boycott NBC
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:31 pm

Ratings for last night are in and I think Kings is now officially doing as bad or worse than Knight Rider with only bringing in 4.6M viewers and not so good demos. Who knows what next week will bring but I'm pretty sure it won't be the go ahead for a second season.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/03/23/su ... demo/15000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:32 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Ratings for last night are in and I think Kings is now officially doing as bad or worse than Knight Rider with only bringing in 4.6M viewers and not so good demos. Who knows what next week will bring but I'm pretty sure it won't be the go ahead for a second season.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/03/23/su ... demo/15000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's not too far off KR's though. So if we're thinking this'll get cancelled because of these ratings then what hope is there for our beloved KR which only managed about a million more? :cry:
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:34 am

Maybe not, but KR still had better ratings that for the most part were stable, Kings will probably drop more next week. That's just a tiny bit more viewers than KR's episode that had the least views at 4.48M which was on New Year's Eve. It also got a abysmal .9 in the 18-34 demo. I don't remember what KR's was for that episode.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:08 pm

At least KR is better that KINGS
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:21 am

In my case...

Monday: Top Gear on BBC America and 24 on fox.
Tuesday: NCIS sometimes and Mentalist sometimes.
Wednesday: Knight Rider and sometimes CSI NY
Thursday: Bullrun on speed channel
Friday: Clone Wars and sometimes Numb3rs

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:39 am

I'm again surprised no one mentioned it but I'd say that Knight Rider has now officially fared better than what Kings has. Unfortunately I doubt NBC cares so it probably does nothing to help Knight Rider.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/03/30/su ... demo/15427" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:40 pm

larmindy wrote:This thread has brought up a decent topic in and of itself, which Network has shows that you watch, or what else do you watch besides KR.
In the interest of space let's just say I am a CBS nut. Though there are only thre3 shows period(2 w/o KR) that I go : OH! OH! over.
And those are Ghost Whisperer and Bones.
So I got great news when I opened my TVGuide and it said KINGS was failing (HA!)
Most others I enjoy though My mom is getting me turned into The Mentalist... at least til Kr comes back :good:
I like to watch L&O but haven't seen any in like a season and a half..
The only ABC show(s) on our radar is AFV & Extreme Makeover Home Edition, though it conflicts w/Amazing Race. (which is the only reason to like March Madness LOL; late ballgames. :P)
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:23 am

Personally, the whole concept of The Mentalist still seems like a overly serious Psych rip off. :P

For another update, Kings dropped even further to now where it had almost a million less viewers than the New Year's Eve episode of KR.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/04/06/su ... tion/16024" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One would think this sort of thing would make KR look even better but still unfortunately NBC, even in their desperation will probably just scrap everything from this season and try again next season. Though I'd love KR to come back and make all those idiots have their heads explode.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:13 pm

I just saw that Kings is pretty much officially canceled, the rest of the episodes will air on Saturday at 8pm and it'll be replaced with another hour of Dateline.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 9ef5921d1d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:20 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:I just saw that Kings is pretty much officially canceled, the rest of the episodes will air on Saturday at 8pm and it'll be replaced with another hour of Dateline.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 9ef5921d1d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well I hope this gives KR a better shot at coming back.... I did think it was an interesting concept but it was too "corporate" sounding in this post-Madoff/A.I.G. fiasco.....
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:44 pm

Well...the competition isn't that stiff for KI3T anymore...Come on KI3T! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:56 pm

You know, considering how quickly NBC is pulling these shows, I'm really surprised they ran all 17 eppys of "KR."
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:19 am

KRAvengerII wrote:You know, considering how quickly NBC is pulling these shows, I'm really surprised they ran all 17 eppys of "KR."
maybe they did it because they saw the change and some one understood what was going on.
they must have realised they missed up the show with the TOTW stupid theme, so they did the reboot. and after that the numbers started to rise again, not fast but they did start climbing up.

I do hope some one do have this picture infornt of him/her and see that they need to give KR asecond run. and this time it would be on solid grounds becasue they know now what is the right theme for KR.

Image :kitt: