NBC's KR forum is a ghosttown

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

Locked
User avatar
CrimsonK9
Recruit
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:07 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

NBC's KR forum is a ghosttown

Post by CrimsonK9 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:49 pm

I been visiting NBC's KR forum intermittently and that place is dead! Only one or two posts in the last day or so, and nothing really keeping people updated like we have here. That worries me since the pinheads at NBC may take that as a lack of interest. They don't impress me as the types to go out and google fansites to guage fan support.

I know some other people have proposed this too, but maybe it would be wise for us to go prime the pump a little over there and try to kick the level up a notch.

Hope to see you there!

.
-
I'm pretty sure they used to - you know - make waffles!
Ooo, Dr.G., pass the syrup!

I speak nine languages AND I have a card that gets me discounts at participating Red Lobster restaurants!

#11539

KRShelby
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: NBC's KR forum is a ghosttown

Post by KRShelby » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:52 pm

True that... i'm twea over there.. (forgot the k for tweak, LOL). I haven't posted in a while, maybe i'll start again.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:13 am

Re: NBC's KR forum is a ghosttown

Post by Mr.Marcus » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:56 pm

NBC suits aren't going to care about that so I wouldn't stress over it. They care about ratings b/c that attracts advertisers who will pay top dollar for commercial time on a highly rated show. Just follow the money trail. That's all it takes.

As far as fansites are concerned you'd be surprised. When Dark Knight was in production, a popular website and forum was posting leaked info. WB sent cease and desist emails immediately and within minutes the content was removed.

User avatar
weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
Posts: 1346
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Weeezlville
Contact:

Re: NBC's KR forum is a ghosttown

Post by weeezl » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:52 pm

Also you have to bare in mind that KRO is very busy so the NBC board would seem some what desolate in comparison. Its fairly rare for this place not to have many posts throughout the day. :good:

User avatar
KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:16 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Chandler az

Re: NBC's KR forum is a ghosttown

Post by KRAvengerII » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:23 pm

well, the thing i noticed when i went over there awhile ago, was how most everyone was clamoring to keep this show on the air.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

User avatar
Mr. M
Rookie
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: NBC's KR forum is a ghosttown

Post by Mr. M » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:39 pm

I've posted for most episodes, maybe we should try and get people from this site to at least post a positive reply for each episode. I'll go there a little later and if there seems to be an actual discussion going on I'll join in. The last time I was there, which was within the last 2 days, there were a lot of postings for the final episode and people were all asking NBC for another season.

larmindy
Volunteer
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:16 pm

Re: NBC's KR forum is a ghosttown

Post by larmindy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:47 pm

I think this may be a good idea, look at the Heros forum over 8,000 topics KR ony has 400. While the execs may use the ratings I am fairly sure their sites activity is considered as well. If not why bother having it available when their are fan sites such as KRO.

:kitt2:

User avatar
tamatt27
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 773
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:37 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: ATX
Contact:

Re: NBC's KR forum is a ghosttown

Post by tamatt27 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:34 pm

I've been posting over there more often than here at KRO, just because I think it's important to show NBC support in as many ways as possible.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:13 am

Re: NBC's KR forum is a ghosttown

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:00 am

larmindy wrote:I think this may be a good idea, look at the Heros forum over 8,000 topics KR ony has 400. While the execs may use the ratings I am fairly sure their sites activity is considered as well. If not why bother having it available when their are fan sites such as KRO.

:kitt2:


B/c the internet is the next step in communications and forums are no substitute for people tuning in. You can have 90,000 topics on the NBC KR forum and a million hits per day, but it won't make one iota difference if the ratings aren't there to justify keeping the series around.

User avatar
KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:37 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Virginia

Re: NBC's KR forum is a ghosttown

Post by KnightRiderKR » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:32 pm

I stopped posting because it's boring over there.

User avatar
Knight007
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:58 am

Re: NBC's KR forum is a ghosttown

Post by Knight007 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:46 am

KnightRiderKR wrote:I stopped posting because it's boring over there.

that plus, it makes you really ask your self, do they really care about the show and what people think so they have created this? or is it just arequirement as part of the web site???
I belive they did creat the forum just to complete a check list they have as a standard for any site they creat for any of their shows. Image :kitt:

larmindy
Volunteer
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:16 pm

Re: NBC's KR forum is a ghosttown

Post by larmindy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:45 pm

KnightRiderKR wrote:I stopped posting because it's boring over there.

it is boring over there, I agree. The layout bugs me as well. Ah well, do what we can right.

Knight007 wrote:
KnightRiderKR wrote:I stopped posting because it's boring over there.

that plus, it makes you really ask your self, do they really care about the show and what people think so they have created this? or is it just arequirement as part of the web site???
I belive they did creat the forum just to complete a check list they have as a standard for any site they creat for any of their shows. Image :kitt:


Your probably spot on with this, they have a show so they have a forum. Most likely it doesn't matter if we post there or not. But, on the off chance that NBC cares and notices isn't it worth it?
Mr.Marcus wrote:
larmindy wrote:I think this may be a good idea, look at the Heros forum over 8,000 topics KR ony has 400. While the execs may use the ratings I am fairly sure their sites activity is considered as well. If not why bother having it available when their are fan sites such as KRO.

:kitt2:


B/c the internet is the next step in communications and forums are no substitute for people tuning in. You can have 90,000 topics on the NBC KR forum and a million hits per day, but it won't make one iota difference if the ratings aren't there to justify keeping the series around.


As I said above it may not make a difference..But KR ratings were moving up based on fan support alone. Ratings are only important for advertising dollars, the shows website and forum are also avenues for advertising dollard. Not to mention the commercials that come along with on-line viewing. So it is worth the extra click or two to post on NBC every now and again, just my opinion lol.

:kitt2:

Locked