How's this for an addition:
* The whole Dr. Gaiman's assitant, is a great idea and does want revenge (not by destroying KITT and FLAG, but showing HIS improved KARR is better than the one his mentor built.
*The "good" Doctor knows in order to make his plan work, he will need a driver and some tech guys to make his plan work. For the driver, he choses a former Police SWAT officer who was let go after he discovered his SWAT team and police department were corrupt and thus, discredit him for ever testifying or working in the force. He is bent on avenging this wrong and when the Assitant offers him the opportunity to fulfill his destiny as the new driver for KARR, he accepts.
* The Former SWAT Officer would like input people he can trust and reluctantly, the Doc agrees, with the condition he validates them.
* For a mechanic, he enlists the help of a cousin of his, who happened to be arrested by the former SWAT Officer himself for illegal modifications of weapons and vehicles. After they meet for the first time in years (released by parole and down on his luck) remembers his law-abiding cousin's actions, they start fighting, only to have the parolee agreeing to help the cause.
* For the technician/ computer whiz, he enlists the help of two of his high school friends (who happen to be a male/ female twins) who owe him a "favor" (the favor is undefined, as it is something it is never discussed in the start of the episode and it seems to be something really big) The former SWAT Officer offers them something better than being sealed in the corner office of a student comptuer held desk at a coomunity college.
*The Doc is reluctant to take his new "Michael Knight's" picks as they seem to be "underclassed". However, after much convincing, the candidates had to prove their worth in his verson of "FLAG" by showing what they could do. He had the tech guys with him to work on KARR's CPU to improve his rpgramming and reactivating him with a new set of priorities, as well as rebuidling the nanotechnoloby needed for KARR's new body. The Mechanic had to look for a Mustang he could work with to begin the process of making the mods he'd figure would be necesary to make it better than before. Out of all the mods the team had in mind, they where able to get the nano's to work on repairs/bonded shell, change vehicle color and different style of Mustangs. As for the robot transformation, the team could not replicate that transformation. Weapons include nearly all of K3TT except the laser is now a 50 Cal depleted uranium/diamond cut bullets with limited ammo, rockets/mortars and "deep freeze" ice, instead of oil slick.
* After KARR's last battle, he still though he needed no one but himself. The Doc, and his team explained to him that due to his self-cetered programming, (among other things), caused him to fail in more than one occasion (thus, explaining to him that's why he looks like he came out of a "Cracker jack" box.) Although KARR becomes irrate, he sees his new "creator" and team have a point and accepts the new programming. In the end, KARR's new CPU and programming are that of Marvel's "The Punisher". KARR's priorities now are to protect his new driver, team and all other priorities are secondary (meaning everyone else is guilty until proven innocent) by any means necesary. In order for KARR's programming to be complete, he gets some new patches in his data banks (the one's K3TT is missing). This part can be explained at a later time how they were acquired.
As for who funds this new team, only the Doc has contact with a mysterious "benefactor." This man will sit in the shadows where you could only see a scarred hand with a cane and you can get a slight look at the trigger behind the grip.
I got some more ideas on this one, but I want everyone's input on it. What do you all think of it so far?