Hasselhoff will not attend

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightendo77
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Hasselhoff will not attend

Post by knightendo77 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:32 am

I can't believe the nerve of some people in this thread!! David's job is on AGT, and it's not him that decides when shooting begins! He could've only found out recently the exact date (it happens) and realised it was going to clash with the festival. I'm sorry, but anyone would do the same thing and apologise, but indeed work DOES come first! What's the alternative? Pay those 100's of people on AGT full wages to wait around a few days while David goes to the festvial? Somehow, I don't think so. There's some awfully high horses around here I must say. I'm a huge KR fan and I can understand David's situation perfectly, anyone complaining that he should be at the festival needs to step back and get a check on reality. David's been very supportive of the KR community, of the show, of this website, has dome a TON for charity support throughout his carreer.... how about a little support in the other direction? Or is that too much to ask?

Jeez! He can't make this festival and all his previous charity work and support of us just goes out the window!!
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:46 am

I think in my opinion the actor David Hasselhoff needs was being together with his ex-wife Pamela Bach and her daughters, and also the friends of Patricia McPherson, Rebecca Holden, Catherine Hickland and Peter Parros is very important! The need to support David Hasselhoff and Knight Rider fans from all over the world!

I respect the actor David Hasselhoff and Patricia McPherson and also in TV series Knight Rider.

Alex.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:51 pm

Pancake wrote:David promised to come to the german event in 2004 back in the days - a videotaped message was what came :(
David's commitment to the the Germany show has been exaggerated. As I understand it, he never promised to be there. He was performing in Jeckyl & Hyde in London at the time. Should he have canceled a show (where people bought their tickets months in advance) to come to KnightCon? My personal answer is "YES!", but I realize that's not fair.

I was there, and I can tell you first hand KnightCon was a phenomenal event, even without Hasselhoff.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:23 pm

I think another thing people forget is that David probably has a contract to do the filming of the show. If he doesn't attend then he could be in breach of contract.

He's done a lot of things for the show including promoting and attending things KR related before and IMO, people are being a tad harsh.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:02 pm

David's commitment to the the Germany show has been exaggerated. As I understand it, he never promised to be there. He was performing in Jeckyl & Hyde in London at the time. Should he have canceled a show (where people bought their tickets months in advance) to come to KnightCon? My personal answer is "YES!", but I realize that's not fair.

I was there, and I can tell you first hand KnightCon was a phenomenal event, even without Hasselhoff.
I'm sure it was! I have never been to a KnightCon; however, except for all of those replicas what else is there? I mean can you buy souvenirs and such?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Honeykitt
Rookie

Post by Honeykitt » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:42 pm

Victor Kros wrote:I think its fair to say one statement regarding this situation.

"Knight Rider Festival is not about David Hasselhoff or the Special Guests, it is and continues to be about the children and the fans who support making a difference."

It is my belief for these reasons we choose to give what we can (money/time/support/bringing a replica) to be part of this historic event in our fandom. This is our grand stage because we the fans give Knight Rider its value and while it is a bonus (and draw to some people) to have such esteemed VIP guests of cast and crew from both series, it is important to keep in mind this is a festival...it is a celebration.

Paul has selflessly given us an opportunity to gather in one location (well two opportunities to do so) to socialize with other fans and share our experiences and or inspiration with one another. To put a face to a name (if its not done already) and in doing so bring reality back into what is typically fantasy - text on a screen or a voice on a phone.

An opportunity to express to others why we love this property, how it has affected our lives, and why we continue to invest our time and money into keeping its spirt alive. There is no greater stage we as a fandom can hope for than Las Vegas and no matter how this event may be brought into question, the undeniable fact is this event is doing something positive.

Positive for the fans (new and old), positive for the children in need, positive for the fandom itself.

Whether or not a VIP chooses to attend while I can sympathize with disappointment, the show will go on.

I proudly support Paul Casey, the one man who chose to make a difference.

=VK=
:dash:
I salute you sir.

My respect level for you just went up about a billion points.

Very, very good post.