KITT Scanner

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Avenger95
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT Scanner

Post by Avenger95 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:29 pm

While not an exact "replica", this seems to be a nice version: http://shop.autoi.com/osb/itemdetails.cfm/ID/4408" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its cleverly named "Night Raider" and is pretty cheap considering what it can do. :kitt:
...... []Knight Avenger Guardian Enforcer[] ......

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Re: KITT Scanner

Post by Rainack » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:13 pm

I bought an original series scanner from ebay. Just got it today. My mechanic is going to put it on my truck next Tuesday. It's going on a 2004 GMC Canyon. As soon as it's on, I'll take pictures and post them.
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:27 pm

OMG, Rain have fun!
I wanna see....
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:39 pm

Ok. Not sure if this is going to work, but I'm going to attempt to put a couple of before pictures up here of my truck and the scanner.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26973392@N00/3368442111/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26973392@N00/3369273876/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26973392@N00/3369280974/

Here goes nothing! :kitt2:

Ok, didn't work as images. Going to try as url's and see if that works.

That works. A little more tedius, as you have to go to a different web site, but you don't have to sign in, and you can get to the other two pictures from the first site.
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:17 pm

Well, my mechanic got really busy today, so he didn't get my scanner installed. He promised to make time tomorrow. I can't wait!

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:26 am

That "security scanner" Avenger posted up looks pretty sweet, I'm thinking it'd be quite cool as a security light on a house :D imagine it right up at nearly roof level where the usual security system boxes are lol!

Rain, or should I say CatLver ;) looking forward to seeing your truck with a scanner light. Have to say, thanks to the transformations in the new series I think scanners will now suit different kinds of vehicles much better than before :)
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:41 am

knightendo77 wrote:Rain, or should I say CatLver ;) looking forward to seeing your truck with a scanner light. Have to say, thanks to the transformations in the new series I think scanners will now suit different kinds of vehicles much better than before :)
I can't wait to see my truck with my scanner on it, too! :mrgreen:
I like my CatLver plate. It's just one of those ones you can get at the store. My real plates are personalized, though. Not anything to do with Knight Rider, though. They are Star Wars. 8)

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:06 pm

Well, what I was afraid of has happened. It is a two day job.
Mostly because they needed me to come in and take a look because they have to do some cutting on the grill, and they wanted to make sure I approved of where to put the scanner, since cuts can't be undone.
Mainly, my dad didn't want me to be mad at him.
So, it is still at the mechanic's and will stay there over night because the grill is still off. The scanner should hopefully be done tomorrow, so I'll get some pictures as soon as I can after I get home and get them posted.

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:16 pm

I am the voice of the Knight's Artificially Intelegent SYstem, K.A.I.SY for short, Casey if you prefer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26973392@N00/3388121251/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26973392@N ... otostream/

Here are a couple of the photos I posted. There are a few more, but you can get to them all through the photostream.

I LOVE how the scanner bar looks! I am STOKED!

:kitt:

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:11 am

That is sooo cool, Rain
Very Nice! :good:
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:53 am

My_Friend_KITT wrote:That is sooo cool, Rain
Very Nice! :good:
I cannot say enough how much I LOVE this scanner on my truck. It just pops!
If anyone is interested, I got the light bar from muny_maker on ebay. With shipping it was $63.99. Installation cost me another $90, but it was well worth it! My mechanic did an EXCELLENT job of installing it, with very minimal cutting to the grill. He installed it through the back of the grill, so there should be know way anyone can grab hold of it and break it or pull it off.

I'm so excited, and can't wait to see the reaction of people on the street! :kittspin:

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:52 pm

Not to rain on your parade but the reaction by the cops your prob not going to want :). Good job though :)
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:52 pm

MR2NR wrote:Not to rain on your parade but the reaction by the cops your prob not going to want :). Good job though :)
They can't pull me over if it's not running. I don't run it on the freeway, only backroads, if then.

My dad was itching to play with it while we were in town the other night, but he was too afraid he'd get pulled over.

TXKNIGHTRIDER82
Volunteer

Post by TXKNIGHTRIDER82 » Mon May 18, 2009 8:29 am

HEY I have worked on the jc whitney scanners for sevral years hear and their, recently i have done some major up grade to them. new scanner light bar ultra bright led lights, metal housing. clear red lens. 12 volt relay , capacitors. know you can see it as far away as your eyes can! even in day light! tailing effect aswell . i will be posting them for sale on e-bay for 185.00. has same effect as the ones costing 400 even 600 bucks. anyone interested drop me a line at cocorendon@hotmail.com thank's.

RenanrRinaldi
Recruit

Post by RenanrRinaldi » Mon May 18, 2009 9:20 am

Rainack wrote:
MR2NR wrote:Not to rain on your parade but the reaction by the cops your prob not going to want :). Good job though :)
They can't pull me over if it's not running. I don't run it on the freeway, only backroads, if then.

My dad was itching to play with it while we were in town the other night, but he was too afraid he'd get pulled over.

I was wondering about that. Can this simple modification be notified to DMV so your documents are updated with the new setup? Or maybe because of the light the car can be confused as a POV for EMS/FD volunteers?
Mike: Next time, calculate faster.
KITT: Were you injured?
Mike: No
KITT: Then my calculations were fast enough.

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Mon May 18, 2009 7:39 pm

I didn't notify DMV about it. It is visible, but only really if you're looking for it. Like I said, I don't run it on the freeway, and I don't usually run it on the back roads. Just maybe down my own road to my house. I haven't had any cops pull me over to ask me about it or anything.

CrimsonK9
Recruit

Post by CrimsonK9 » Mon May 18, 2009 11:55 pm

Rainack wrote:I didn't notify DMV about it. It is visible, but only really if you're looking for it. Like I said, I don't run it on the freeway, and I don't usually run it on the back roads. Just maybe down my own road to my house. I haven't had any cops pull me over to ask me about it or anything.
I've had the Night Raider installed in the front grill of my Black 2008 F-150 for a few months now- it looks pretty cool. But today I did actually have an off-duty cop perform a (illegal) u-turn in his personal vehicle (nearly causing an accident) to follow me into a parking lot and give me a bunch of crap about the red light, $75 fine, threats, bluster, yada yada yada. Look I have nothing but respect and admiration for police officers and the impossible job they do. But SERIOUSLY?!? THIS is all you have to do on your day off? This guy knocks on my window, hands me a business card (no badge, no ID, NOTHING) and starts chewing me out for a KITT scanner? Good to know all other serious crime in that town has been thwarted.... what a D-Bag.........
-
I'm pretty sure they used to - you know - make waffles!
Ooo, Dr.G., pass the syrup!

I speak nine languages AND I have a card that gets me discounts at participating Red Lobster restaurants!