I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

mustang_fan91
Rookie

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

Post by mustang_fan91 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:17 pm

but according to this article I found linked to on a blog on MySpace, Knight Rider is officially cancelled.

KITT, I guess this is goodbye! :( :cry:

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2009/03/06/ ... cancelled/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KI3T: "I have something we need to discuss. It's important."
Mike: "Dude, It's been a really long day and if you're secretly falling in love with me, I'm going to be awfully upset"

CrimsonK9
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

Post by CrimsonK9 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:03 am

This crap is killing me. All these stories make vague reference to "official anouncements" or "sources" who say whatever, but from NBC we get ABSOLUTE SILENCE! I'll be the first one to call shenanigans on this story too, I guess. Some website I never heard of saying NBC made it "official" - yet BUPKIS from the network and not even a name to go with the "official" source. :roll:

It's like pulling off a bandaid 1/16th of an inch at a time. Where is GST or Angela whatever-her-name-is coming out and saying "It's Over" or at least coming out and making SOME kind of definitive statement? I want this show to stay on as much or more than anyone out there, but the not knowing is just KILLING me! Let us move on or let us start celebrating! Just stop stringing us along!

LONG LIVE THE KNIGHT!
-
I'm pretty sure they used to - you know - make waffles!
Ooo, Dr.G., pass the syrup!

I speak nine languages AND I have a card that gets me discounts at participating Red Lobster restaurants!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:15 am

That article is quoting an article that has no proof either. It's rehashing the same TVGuide Spoiler TV BS rumor.

The fact is unless I we hear it from THR, Variety or the like - stop freaking us out!

Someone needs to let them know it's wrong data.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:20 am

Hey neps if ur going to KR Festival do u think if Deanna and Justin attend would they know something by then?
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:42 am

neps wrote:That article is quoting an article that has no proof either. It's rehashing the same TVGuide Spoiler TV BS rumor.

The fact is unless I we hear it from THR, Variety or the like - stop freaking us out!

Someone needs to let them know it's wrong data.

AMEN! :x

mustang_fan91
Rookie

Post by mustang_fan91 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:48 am

what a relief.

Neps, I wasn't trying to freak anybody out intentionally. I just thought that this article was more official sounding than the others I've seen. I really want Knight Rider to succeed, I really do..
KI3T: "I have something we need to discuss. It's important."
Mike: "Dude, It's been a really long day and if you're secretly falling in love with me, I'm going to be awfully upset"

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:55 am

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:59 am

KnightRiderKR wrote:Image
Exactomondo! :mrgreen: :good: :mrgreen:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:31 am

GT500KR wrote:Hey neps if ur going to KR Festival do u think if Deanna and Justin attend would they know something by then?
The cast is usually the last to know about these sort of things. Many times they don't even find out until they read about it or someone not involved with their show tells them.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:40 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
GT500KR wrote:Hey neps if ur going to KR Festival do u think if Deanna and Justin attend would they know something by then?
The cast is usually the last to know about these sort of things. Many times they don't even find out until they read about it or someone not involved with their show tells them.
Read this!

'Nuff said...

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:49 am

Hello There Everyone,

:lol: :You know it is funny on how you people will read these unofficial articles-web sites and think that the show is gone. I will not believe a thing until I read it in The USA Today News Paper or read it here on this very site under news articles. As I keep saying the show at this point in time is not cancelled and let us leave it at that. I will not bother with conjecture from other sources that are turning out to be unreliable.

Anyway, I would like to meet this Neps person. Sounds like a terrific person. Has to be with an id spelled similar to my last name. Nepa and Neps. Nice... :good:

:kittconv: Thanks and take care now,
Michael P. Nepa
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:09 am

Couldn't think of any better way to put it! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:19 pm

Quoting one of my role models, George Carlin:
"It's bull$#!&, folks, and it's bad for you."
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:14 pm

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:55 am

There are a bunch of mother freakin' haters out there, I really don't get why so many losers are talking trash about the new show. Wtf do they expect a trans-am as kitt now. What it really boils down to is a bunch of a-holes who pretend to be knight rider purists when in reality they have no interest in knight rider what so ever. They don't care about the show because if they freaking did they'd at least give the new show a chance, I mean yeah it ain't completely like the original but so what this is 2009 not 1982. I personally would have designed attack mode to be more low profile or at least be changeable. Ie: stealth attack mode with black hood intakes and a low spoiler, if any external lights they'd be dim red or green. Still, these people need to shut the hell up no one cares what they say if it's negative.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:13 am

Present this to the haters.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:40 pm

KnightRiderKR wrote:Present this to the haters.

:mrgreen: :good: :mrgreen:

Drake
Operative

Post by Drake » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:01 pm

I think alot of this is the idiots that want it be cancelled. I hope it gets renewed so we can shove it their face. If you don't like the show DON'T WATCH! And leave the rest of us who enjoy it in peace! Go watch some reality crap on another channel because pretty soon that's all that will be on tv and you'll be sorry then.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:44 pm

Drake wrote: Go watch some reality crap on another channel because pretty soon that's all that will be on tv and you'll be sorry then.
Sad but true but I doubt those that hate the show and obviously the franchise all together would be sad about that. Fact is there is a whole lot of anti-humanists out there and the last thing they want is a show that proclaims that single individuals can make a difference. Heck the whole liberal leftard media is on it. :x

rickth64
Volunteer

Post by rickth64 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:24 pm

:lol:

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:40 pm

Drake wrote:I think alot of this is the idiots that want it be cancelled. I hope it gets renewed so we can shove it their face. If you don't like the show DON'T WATCH! And leave the rest of us who enjoy it in peace! Go watch some reality crap on another channel because pretty soon that's all that will be on tv and you'll be sorry then.
If the show does get renewed, I'll be the first to eat crow b/c I am unequivocally convinced that it won't. But I'll admit I was wrong if it does get renewed. I watch it out of loyalty to the KR concept. But its not above criticism. I'm ambivalent towards the series. On the one hand it is KR, but on the other I don't really enjoy it as much as I should be when I watch it. Its like Prison Break which I was addicted to in seasons 1 and 2, but it went severely downhill after season 3. I still watch it out of loyalty even though I don't enjoy it as much. If it gets renewed I'll keep watching it as long as its on the air. But I'm not signing any petitions to save it, I wouldn't do that even for a show I loved anyway. Not my style.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:41 am

This is also a hater prize, luckily the F word was censored or a mod would come gunning for me. Plus the all mighty last word plaque for them. I didn't plan any of this either it took on a life of it's own.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:05 am

KnightRiderKR wrote:
Nice! :lol:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:41 am

KnightRiderKR wrote:Present this to the haters.

True! :good: Can't help but agree with you! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9