If NBC does can the show then what?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: If NBC does can the show then what?

Post by KnightRiderKR » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Then NBC loses my viewership completely, not like I watch most of their crap anyway.

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:12 pm

Hello There Everyone,

I never said the show was canned but, that is the impression you all give me with threads like this and comments as this:

A.)"Personally I'd just think it's a bummer the show got canned , but comfort myself that they atleast didn't make make an even worse second season and screw up the legacy even more."

I do agree that is will stink and will be a bummer if Knight Rider is cancelled but, what in the world is this person thinking with the above comments about not having a second season!!!! I am sorry here but, I want a second season and feel that it will do better then the first one not that is was bad. Looking back for example Star Trek: The Next Generation first season was nothing to write home about but, the show got better years two through seven and I am darn sure that this version of Knight Rider given the chance will continue to grow and get better. How can this person comment about messing the legacy and making this possible second season even worse. I can not disagree more. The legacy is fine from where I sit and the second season if there is one will be better and not worse.

B.)"Feel free to b*ch at me about how negative I am about the new show, but it's pretty bad (with today's standards) and has just simply terrible writers.B.R.O."

I am commenting here since I am not happy nor pleased with these comments and I positive on the new show and I curious as to what the person wanted out the new show??? I don't see The Chopping Block and Life doing any better!!! In fact, they are bringing in half the ratings that Knight Rider did. If anything, Knight Rider is awesome even with today's standards. I loved the original Knight Rider but, I felt that the one thing that held the show back was the fact the special effects and technology was not there as it is know. Still, I love both versions and I will watch them along with the A-Team, and Greatest American Hero DVD's that I own. I feel that the writers are fine on the new version of Knight Rider and the episodes had me on the edge of my seat and I can not wait for the new season ahead.

I will be disappointed if the show is canned but, it is not the end of the road. I have other shows to watch and hope that one day Knight Rider will be back on the air again and I DO NOT CONSIDER this a dead franchise.

Now let us move on here and be positive that there will be a second season and it will be awesome.... :good: :kitt2:

I am done and moving on...
Thanks and take care,
Michael P. Nepa
Knight Rider Lives!!!

HOFFABE
Rookie

Post by HOFFABE » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:22 pm

I'm right on this band wagon...if they do give up on it and cancel i'm deleting NBC from my line up all together i will never watch anything on there again not that there would be much to watch if KR wasn't on there..lol :roll:

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:00 am

Well considering KR08 is the first show in about 8 yrs to get me to voluntarily switch to NBC....I think you see where I am going with this... lol.

And yet I love Law & Order! I just watch it when it reruns on like USA or whatever station has it now hehe....
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:47 pm

What would we do? We'd carry on. Even if the movie never came about, we've been fans of a show that was originally cancelled in 1986 and that never stopped us! :D And it never stopped such things as fan gatherings and, most importantly, this website or this forum from being created.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:47 pm

knightendo77 wrote:What would we do? We'd carry on. Even if the movie never came about, we've been fans of a show that was originally cancelled in 1986 and that never stopped us! :D And it never stopped such things as fan gatherings and, most importantly, this website or this forum from being created.
:good: Well put. Especially for this newbie fan.
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:36 pm

Deanna twittered this comment about 6 hours ago. I wonder if she knows something?

[Quote=Deanna on Twitter]Good question - NBC pulled the plug a few months ago. It's not likely we'll see any new episodes of Knight Rider soon. :-( [/quote]
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:30 pm

Well, if NBC does can KR, it's their fault. I'm not watching NBC anymore. The only reason I started watching it again was because of Knight Rider. If NBC cans KR, then it's going to impact them. Hard.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:18 pm

I think it was GST's fault at the beginning and then NBC's near the end. NBC promoted the hell out of it when it started but people didn't like what they saw, that was down to GST. However, when he started to produce a great show towards the end NBC failed to promote it then. I can't blame them for not wanting to waste more money but since they were the ones that forced the reboot to make it more like the original they could've spread the word!
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:39 am

Hello There Everyone,

I can see that we are lacking in the optimism department here. As I said all along is that Knight Rider is not cancelled. Why are we still harping on this I will never know.

This comment has me again scratching my head:

"Deanna twittered this comment about 6 hours ago. I wonder if she knows something?

[Quote=Deanna on Twitter]Good question - NBC pulled the plug a few months ago. It's not likely we'll see any new episodes of Knight Rider soon. [/quote]"

Who is this Deanna? Just because she wrote something does it make it so? What is this twitter? I have never heard of it and sounds like and old fashioned dance. As for the comment it makes no logical sense. To cancell a show months ago and not make it official until April of the following year? In all of my years of watching tv I have never seen that or heard of that. The A-Team, The Greatest American Hero, Original Knight Rider, Galatica 1980, and V had their cancellations announced almost immediately and yet I am supposed to believe that this version of Knight Rider was cancelled what in November 2008 and nothing was made of it until now? I am sorry but, that is too much for me to fathom at this point. I am not trying to harsh or to ruffle any feathers here but, I have to say something here since the above comment is really hard to believe. I am not convinced here...I will admit that I am clueless as to the fate of the show but, I will not waist my time searching this or this and going with brief statements about the show and go with it even though it is not the official word that we are waiting for.

So, let us move on and be positive here and hope for a season two of Knight Rider... :good:

Thanks and take care,
Michael P. Nepa :kitt:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Honeykitt
Rookie

Post by Honeykitt » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:24 am

Super Flash wrote:Hello There Everyone,

I can see that we are lacking in the optimism department here. As I said all along is that Knight Rider is not cancelled. Why are we still harping on this I will never know.

This comment has me again scratching my head:

"Deanna twittered this comment about 6 hours ago. I wonder if she knows something?
Deanna on Twitter wrote:Good question - NBC pulled the plug a few months ago. It's not likely we'll see any new episodes of Knight Rider soon."
Who is this Deanna? Just because she wrote something does it make it so? What is this twitter? I have never heard of it and sounds like and old fashioned dance. As for the comment it makes no logical sense. To cancell a show months ago and not make it official until April of the following year? In all of my years of watching tv I have never seen that or heard of that. The A-Team, The Greatest American Hero, Original Knight Rider, Galatica 1980, and V had their cancellations announced almost immediately and yet I am supposed to believe that this version of Knight Rider was cancelled what in November 2008 and nothing was made of it until now? I am sorry but, that is too much for me to fathom at this point. I am not trying to harsh or to ruffle any feathers here but, I have to say something here since the above comment is really hard to believe. I am not convinced here...I will admit that I am clueless as to the fate of the show but, I will not waist my time searching this or this and going with brief statements about the show and go with it even though it is not the official word that we are waiting for.

So, let us move on and be positive here and hope for a season two of Knight Rider... :good:

Thanks and take care,
Deanna on Twitter is Deanna Russo, who plays Sarah Graiman.

wyzard53
Stranger

Post by wyzard53 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:31 am

And an additional though on that"pulled the plug" comment. NBC "pulled the plug" on the remaing episodes of the season in a cost cutting measure. Not NECESSARILY the entire series, just the current season. It WAS expensive with the effects, at least, in the first part with all the transformations. As for the second part of that, "It's not likely we'll see any new episodes of Knight Rider soon" it could simply mean "not until next season. Other shows are still scheduling a few more new episodes, so compared to that, next season could be considered not soon. Yes, I'm being optimistic until I hear otherwise from an officially confirmed fall schedule including mid-season replacements. There's no reason not to be. :D

Knightfreak
Stranger

Post by Knightfreak » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:51 am

Well, for starters indeed I have seen no official message from NBC saying KR is cancelled permanently.

In my opinion two things can be the reason:

1. Maybe it is indeed the financial crisis that made NBC to put 2nd season on hold or
2. Production Crew is not really satisfied with the results and this is just a stunt to see how big really the audience is for KR.
3. They are waiting for reactions from all over the world and then they will make changes and when they are ready they will comeback

or ofcourse it could be all above mentioned reasons.......

But one thing I can sure say, and that is that I really miss it. And to be honest overall I am not really satisfied with all episodes.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:18 am

I think the new show is, undoubtedly, the best continuation of TOS. It has gone back to the roots of the original show and has most of the ingredients that made the original successful barring the sometimes bad CGI effects. I only wish we saw some REAL stunts, that was a big appeal of the original.

But I am sure that if the show gets a second season we will start to see more real stunts as the makers don't exactly want to spend lots of dough on endless amounts of cars in only it's first season.

IF the show gets canned then, unfortunately, I think KR is dead and we won't see other attempts at reviving it. There has been various attempts at re-starting it and all have failed with this latest one in question. I can't see NBC giving it, yet, another go.

It would be rather pointless.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:13 pm

Knight Rider Festivals! :) And other KR showings and benefits will still continue. KnightCon, etc. There's many other things that are long gone (Tandy Color Computer 3, for example) which they STILL have festivals for (yes, the "Last Annual Chicago CoCo Fest" is actually still going on EVERY year!) As long as there's fans of the show, I'm sure there'll be something to do.

Plus we can create things to do here on KRO. :)

No matter what, the show must... will... go on.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:43 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:
No matter what, the show must... will... go on.
Here here! I'm sure it will.

Kyuubi of the Knight
Volunteer

Post by Kyuubi of the Knight » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:39 pm

I would probably hide in the happy cardboard box of eternal sunshine for a while, and then slowly crawl out into a cruel world.

That's just me though, I love the new KITT.. :oops:
Call me Kyuubi.

Embolden the Light,demand the truth, and reveal the depths of your mind.

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:01 am

Hello There Everyone,

Here is a post that I like and agree with:

"By Wyzard53 » Mar 28, 2009 1:31 am

And an additional though on that"pulled the plug" comment. NBC "pulled the plug" on the remaing episodes of the season in a cost cutting measure. Not NECESSARILY the entire series, just the current season. It WAS expensive with the effects, at least, in the first part with all the transformations. As for the second part of that, "It's not likely we'll see any new episodes of Knight Rider soon" it could simply mean "not until next season. Other shows are still scheduling a few more new episodes, so compared to that, next season could be considered not soon. Yes, I'm being optimistic until I hear otherwise from an officially confirmed fall schedule including mid-season replacements. There's no reason not to be."

There is not much more that I can add to this but the fact I am tired of the gloom and doom posts that you all want to cling to. I agree with Wyzard 53 and refused to believe this nonsense about the show being possibly cancelled until it is a known fact. Right now it is a rumor... :good:

Thanks and take care,
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:21 am

Hello There Everyone, 8)

I am back with a post here that I have something to add: :kitt:

A.)"by Skav » Apr 03, 2009 8:18 am

I think the new show is, undoubtedly, the best continuation of TOS. It has gone back to the roots of the original show and has most of the ingredients that made the original successful barring the sometimes bad CGI effects. I only wish we saw some REAL stunts, that was a big appeal of the original."

I agree with this part and feel that I am on par with this part of his post.

B.)"But I am sure that if the show gets a second season we will start to see more real stunts as the makers don't exactly want to spend lots of dough on endless amounts of cars in only it's first season."

I also agree with this part of the statement and would add that we would see more or less stunts and trasformations as the budget dictates per episode in the second season. Hopefully, we will get more back ground on the current characters and as well as those from the original show as to what they have been up to. I am really looking forward to the second season.

C.)"IF the show gets canned then, unfortunately, I think KR is dead and we won't see other attempts at reviving it. There has been various attempts at re-starting it and all have failed with this latest one in question. I can't see NBC giving it, yet, another go."

This is where I differ with Skav. He can he say this? Besides Knight Rider I am a huge fan of Game Show Network. I can't tell you how many games were cancelled and brought back years later. The Original Series Star Trek was thought to be dead after its cancellation in 1969. It was brought back as a short lived cartoon in the early 1970's and again as a major motion picture in 1979. Viper was a short lived action show on NBC for about 13 epidoses. Then cancelled and brought back in sydication in 1996 and lasted until 1999. Adam 12 was another show that was ran in the 1960's and brought back in the 1980's. Robocop had three movies, tv series (short lived), and a cartoon and was thought to be dead and now there is talk of bringing the franchise back in 2010 much like Batman did with the recent two movies. So, my point is as long there is an interest in something it will never die. From the sounds of it there is a huge interest in Knight Rider and there will be attempts to bring the show back if this fails. Maybe not NBC but, ther are USA and Sci-FI as as the other Networks and sydication as well for the show to air. I can see it being given another go at some point. I do not see Knight Rider as dead. That is not right at all...

D.)"It would be rather pointless.)

It would not be pointless and that is totally false. It will never be as long as the fans are there to keep the faith and show alive. :lol:

Thanks and take care,
Michael P. Nepa :dash:
Knight Rider Lives!!!

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:35 am

Hello There Everyone, :D

I want to thank Honey Kitt for the answer to my earlier question: :lol:

"Deanna on Twitter is Deanna Russo, who plays Sarah Graiman.
Honeykitt
Recruit."

After I had asked the question I and before Honey Kitt responded I figured out who Deanna is and what here role to Knight Rider is. What I asked and still don't know is what is Twitter? As I said before I believe it to be a dance move from 70 years ago. I am not that old. Only 38 but, illiterate in these computer terms. I don't know what a blog is or facebook. I have alot to learn here about computers and so forth and would appreciate some help here. As for comments made by Deanna and other people from the show whether on camera or behind the scenes they know nothing about the shows fate and will when we do. I am confident that Knight Rider will be one of the few remaining shows from this season to making to next season. Either as a returning series or a mid season pick up or on USA, Sci-Fi or in sydication. Maybe one of the other networks will pick it up. Matlock and Taxi both were on NBC and the lasted a while on ABC. Maybe the same fate will happen with Knight Rider. At this point who knows... :kittconv:

Thanks and take care,
Michael P. Nepa :kittside:
Knight Rider Lives!!!