Guys NBC won't read my letter, help

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

bigslacker
Volunteer

Guys NBC won't read my letter, help

Post by bigslacker » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:32 pm

Hello guys I'm from china. Every week I wait till midnight for a new episode of knight rider on the internet. I watched the old one when I was in elementary school. I love the show!!!!! There are really a large amount of KR fans in china. We fans in china who are good at English is trying to contribute to the campaign. As I said, I faked a English name and wrote a letter to NBC telling them how much I love KR and want a second season(I faked the name because I don't want them to know that I'm a chinese because I'm not sure whether having access to KR through the internet is legal. faking a name is a right choice, isn't it?)
so I sent the letter, and they replied automatically saying
"Thanks for your email. NBC values your comments, but unfortunately, due to the volume of emails we receive, we cannot respond to each one. Please check our FAQ section to see if your question is answered there. Since we cannot accept unsolicited scripts, show ideas, or other creative material, any such submission by email will be deleted without being read."
Is that mean my e-mail won't be read? it's so unfair!! I've already participate in the viewer panel of NBC, and expressed that KR is the show I regularly watch, is that going to help??
guys I really don't know what else I can do to help. I really hope KR can stay on air, I love KR as much as you guys do. I watched it when was a little boy. This is the coolest TV show I've ever seen and I feel it is more than a TV show. Sometime I even feel moved watching KR. God bless KR, wish Knight Rider could come back.
I'd appreciate it if anyone can give me some advice about what to do to save Knight Rider.
Again, I love Knight Rider!!

Mr. M
Rookie

Re: Guys NBC won't read my letter, help

Post by Mr. M » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:53 pm

I did exactly the same thing you did, well not faking a name, but I sent an email to NBC simply asking for a second season and got the same automated reply. I did not make it long, it was 2 sentences and that was it. Very brief and to the point. I then too participated in the viewer poll.

Question, can you view the Knight Rider episodes from NBC's website in China? If so then you have nothing to worry about. Since NBC will probably not listen to a single voice or email I recommend visiting the Knight Rider site as often as you can. Watch episodes online, if you can. NBC will probably review those numbers, that is if they haven't already made their decision on Knight Rider yet.

Nice to see Knight Rider has fans all over the world. :kitt:

bigslacker
Volunteer

Post by bigslacker » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:15 pm

No not actually from NBC's website. Those chinese websites, I don't know what's their resources but they got all season online. I was just trying to make them believe I'm enjoying Knight Rider on TV you know in china it's impossible to have access through TV, so there may be a bigger chance to save KR. I did feel bad that I lied about my personal informations. But I can't work out a better plan. I guess NBC staff will be surprised if they knew many chinese are crazy about KR. I'm only 18, a high school student in china so I'm sure I was doing the right thing and how to run this stuff. That's why I posted this asking for help.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:29 pm

At best you can hope that a very low level intern gets to read your email. But more than likely you are completely wasting your time. So I wouldn't spend more than a minute writing one up.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KRAvengerII » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Mr. M wrote:I did exactly the same thing you did, well not faking a name, but I sent an email to NBC simply asking for a second season and got the same automated reply. I did not make it long, it was 2 sentences and that was it. Very brief and to the point. I then too participated in the viewer poll.

Question, can you view the Knight Rider episodes from NBC's website in China? If so then you have nothing to worry about. Since NBC will probably not listen to a single voice or email I recommend visiting the Knight Rider site as often as you can. Watch episodes online, if you can. NBC will probably review those numbers, that is if they haven't already made their decision on Knight Rider yet.

Nice to see Knight Rider has fans all over the world. :kitt:
I tried to watch "knight Rider' from the NBC site, and if the picture didn't keep skipping, it would shut off automatically after a few minutes.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Mr. M
Rookie

Post by Mr. M » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:At best you can hope that a very low level intern gets to read your email. But more than likely you are completely wasting your time. So I wouldn't spend more than a minute writing one up.
My line of thinking as well. NBC does not have the time to sit and read these emails. So what I did I put in the header "Knight Rider Season 2." Two sentences total in the body of the email, first sentence stating the request and the second pointing out the second half of the season are the types of episodes people wanted to see.
KRAvengerII wrote:I tried to watch "knight Rider' from the NBC site, and if the picture didn't keep skipping, it would shut off automatically after a few minutes.
Yeah, I have an old computer and the episode I watched last night, Journey to the End of Knight, wasn't the best quality, although watchable until the last commercial break. After the last commercial break the screen video fell way behind and I was just listening to the audio. Pausing the video didn't help.

bigslacker
Volunteer

Post by bigslacker » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:46 am

Mr. M wrote:
Mr.Marcus wrote:At best you can hope that a very low level intern gets to read your email. But more than likely you are completely wasting your time. So I wouldn't spend more than a minute writing one up.
My line of thinking as well. NBC does not have the time to sit and read these emails. So what I did I put in the header "Knight Rider Season 2." Two sentences total in the body of the email, first sentence stating the request and the second pointing out the second half of the season are the types of episodes people wanted to see.
KRAvengerII wrote:I tried to watch "knight Rider' from the NBC site, and if the picture didn't keep skipping, it would shut off automatically after a few minutes.
Yeah, I have an old computer and the episode I watched last night, Journey to the End of Knight, wasn't the best quality, although watchable until the last commercial break. After the last commercial break the screen video fell way behind and I was just listening to the audio. Pausing the video didn't help.
I've tried it too, it didn't work out on my computer

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:12 pm

Unfortunately NBC and most network do not care at all about e-mailing them. Most of the time you will just get an automatic reply and no one will ever read it. The only real impact would be sending an actual physical letter that will result hopefully in it being less ignored. Only thing is that I know it'll be a bit more difficult sending an actual letter all the way to California from China but that's pretty much all you got.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

bigslacker
Volunteer

Post by bigslacker » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:43 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Unfortunately NBC and most network do not care at all about e-mailing them. Most of the time you will just get an automatic reply and no one will ever read it. The only real impact would be sending an actual physical letter that will result hopefully in it being less ignored. Only thing is that I know it'll be a bit more difficult sending an actual letter all the way to California from China but that's pretty much all you got.
Yeah there's so little I can do, but I still believe knight rider will be back.