New FLAG logo-opinions

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

necrophilissimo
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: New FLAG logo-opinions

Post by necrophilissimo » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:04 pm

I think its pretty sweet. Different, but sweet. I don't mind the switch from chess piece to eagle; The chess piece made sense back in the day when the foundation was run by Wilton Knight and Co., but there is no such tie-in anymore. The eagle design, IMO, suits the very consept of 'Foundation for Law and Government' better.

My only problem with the eagle design is that I always associated eagles with that 'other' 80s super-vehicle-show :)
TAGAP: The Apocalyptic Game About Penguins - Join the penguin apocalypse!

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:23 am

I like it. but not too much. It reminds me of MARVEL's used logo for its team of heros. you know the one known as SHEILED, or something like that.
another point, doent the new logo gives the feeling its a goverment related? I mean every goverment agency has that eagle thing on the logo. so why use it on FLAG if they are not goverment related any more??? is it something temporary?? Image :kitt:

B.R.O
Recruit

Post by B.R.O » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:15 pm

Personally I don't like it at all, the eagle theme has been so badly overused over the last few decades anything with an eagle these days just simply feels generic. I mean anything with and eagle just simply feels boring thses days.

The chesspiece on the other hand not only looks cool, BUT IT'S NOT GENERIC like the eagle as I'we only seen it in the original Knight Rider so far.

The eagle also implies some kind of american patriotism to a lot of people (me included) which just simply doesn't work outside of the U.S and as the show's future hinges on international support (according to what I'we read) it's almost suicidal to the show to use a logo with an eagle.

Most of you lack perspective on this, but to a lot of international viewers (me included) american patriotism just simply looks stupid and feels... silly, in the same kind of way the plots in a lot of 80's and 90's saturday morning cartoons (like Inspector Gadget for instance).

So if I was to have any stake in this matter, I would just simply scrap the generic eagle logo and do one with the knight chesspiece and try to keep it somewhat close to the original (meaning not straying too far off like the FLAG logo in Kinght Rider 2000, even thou even it was better than this generic pile of turd).