So where do we go from here........

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

So where do we go from here........

Post by MR2NR » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:17 am

Well the last episode for the season aired last night and I couldn't help but be depressed all night. This could be the last episode of the decade with NBC's failed promotional directive, the economy, and Gary's total redirection he took mid season. It has developed into a great series and seamed to have it's roots resurrected nicely now. But now that NBC has the ball in their court i really cannot do much but be hopeful that a miracle will happen. BTW I'm now watching Randy Jackson on Sesame Street with my daughter I'm glad we are inspiring kids to act like this drone of Simon Cowell ugh!!.........

If you want to post something to cheer me up about the last episode airing last night feel free.
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

scorbing
Recruit

Re: So where do we go from here........

Post by scorbing » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:08 am

Don't get your hopes up too high. From what I saw last night, I don't think Knight Rider is coming back for a second season. They are already replacing it with some reality show on the Wednesday 8pm slot and that is not a good sign. NBC has not been very supportive of the new KR. They didn't even let viewers know about last night's episode (through a TV trailer). I hope KR comes back but from the looks of it, I doubt it.

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:07 pm

The slot is being filled for the summer. IF KR comes back, it won't be until the fall.
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:10 pm

The good news is hopefully NBC recognizes that KR does have a solid fanbase and the franchise still has a lot of value left in it. These might spark NBC into bringing back KR in a better form sometime in the future.

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Hopefully we will know by April
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

Knight-Rider-Fan
Volunteer

Post by Knight-Rider-Fan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:49 pm

I recieved the email about the show imminent last episode and it made me feel down too, but since this show made such a drastic turn around ive chosen to hope for the best. Knight Rider is a classic that by far hasn't been spoiled. Keep your head up fans. :D

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:15 pm

Slim_Knight wrote:Hopefully we will know by April
Amen man. I just didnt lose hope. one way or another, I just have this feeling that lighting may strike in our favour and get to have our 2nd season. :kitt:

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:28 pm

I have a sneaky suspicsion we will ALL get to see a second season. :D
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Atlantean2005
Recruit

Post by Atlantean2005 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:36 pm

Okay, please don't throw stones at me for saying/asking this but:

IF KR doesn't come back for a second season (entire body crossed that it IS) any ideas on how you would like to possibly see this series continued. I'm having a bit of trouble actually typing what I mean but something along the lines of a comic book (fabulous art work shown in another thread here), web series (like the Sanctuary series that's now on TV) or something along those lines...

I know that those ideas might not be possible/probable but I'm just tossing ideas out here. Any thoughts?

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:45 pm

Next thing to look forward to from here is the feature film assuming it gets out of development hell and into production. I wonder what negative implication if any the series had on the film's prospects.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:56 pm

Stay positive people. Don't put things like doubt in the air.
See it with your minds eye. Bring yourself closer to the timeline in which Knight Rider does have a 2nd season.
As KI3T would say "Be Zen..." :D

pat329
Recruit

Post by pat329 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:30 pm

scorbing wrote:Don't get your hopes up too high. From what I saw last night, I don't think Knight Rider is coming back for a second season. They are already replacing it with some reality show on the Wednesday 8pm slot and that is not a good sign. NBC has not been very supportive of the new KR. They didn't even let viewers know about last night's episode (through a TV trailer). I hope KR comes back but from the looks of it, I doubt it.
i did go onto myspace and tell everyone of my friend' to watch it and let there family and friend' watch it too,so i'm hoping that' why knight rider picked up on the rating'. :kitt:

Knight-Rider-Fan
Volunteer

Post by Knight-Rider-Fan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:34 pm

This show IS (cause the show must go on.) so good I didn't even want the 1st season to come to a close. It could have gone up to episode 25 and I would have been eagerly waiting for the next weeks showing.

KITT and michael completely rock with total excellence!!! :good:

Knight-Rider-Fan
Volunteer

Post by Knight-Rider-Fan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:39 pm

Is there a specific site where we can be heard about the show that will get the sponsors heads turning?

If there is such a site lets bombard it with friendly fan like requests for Knight Riders continuation. 8)

Dee_Jay77
Recruit

Post by Dee_Jay77 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:13 pm

Well NBC is known as the nothing but crap network so I plan on sending them a box of crap with a message saying thanks for *?$# on the hearts of millions of knight rider fans there's plenty more where this came from.
I might even get a hairpiece to rub in it and say its for "The Donald" and his stupid celebrity apprentice show

This of course is after it's confirmed if it's cancelled or not

Mr. M
Rookie

Post by Mr. M » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:33 pm

According to TV By The Numbers (http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/03/05/we ... omen/13987" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) it was second only to American Idol. :kitt:

Maybe it can become a mid-season replacement?

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:06 am

Second to the AI runaway freight train is good, we just have to sit tight and wait for some official news.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:21 am

Weeezl is right. That is not bad at all. :o

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:21 pm

Well my hopes came up a little after seeing the new NBC sight and reading Billy's blog about the "second season" I'm glad they at least have a positive attitude :)

"Tonight was our 17th and final episode of the season, but it was actually shot as our 13th episode. Matt Pyken has already touched upon some of the reasons why episodes get shuffled around in his blog entry from Dec. 31st. Why did this episode in particular get moved? It's simple. After looking at cuts of all the remaining episodes to air, this one most felt like the beginning of something new. And, ideally, that's what you want in a season finale -- a launching point for the following season."
-NBC Writers blogs
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2: