FLAG website on NBC.com's front page.

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

InsanePirateDragon
Volunteer

FLAG website on NBC.com's front page.

Post by InsanePirateDragon » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:55 am

NBC's got a feature about it, its about half way down on the front page, under the 'Watchmen' and the NBC Direct.

This might be a good sign.

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: FLAG website on NBC.com's front page.

Post by trissybabes » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:36 am

It also mentions the "Season Finale" in the links on the left:

I love the new strapline across the bottom of the FLAG/KR site:

Reestablished in 2009 "To do what we think is right" - they wouldn't even have bothered updating that if the show was going to be canned - would they?

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:51 am

Sure they would if it gives fans hope and keeps them from bombarding NBC offices with letter of support. Updating a website is pretty meaningless in terms of assessing a show's future.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:01 am

Everything comes down to cost these days. Why would they spend money on creating new graphics and callouts if they've completely given up.

Sure, these are crumbs compared to what Heroes gets. But front page on NBC.com is valuable real estate.

Nice find!

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:10 am

How much does a website update cost? If you want to take about cost then look at the ads for the show which are non-existent. That alone is highly indicative of where the show stands with NBC much more than a website update.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:16 am

Having worked with NBC in my personal life on a website before - it costs a lot more than you would expect...

I said it was crumbs, but that cost at least 10 peoples time to get that up there. :P

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:21 am

[nerd]It's still bugging me, I know why it says FLAG was established in 1982, to coincide with the original series, but someone wanna send them a memo that the KR Bible stated FLAG was established in 1965? [/nerd] :lol: Then again, I don't think they really care and I know the average person doesn't.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:03 am

This must mean they still have interest in the show?

Mr. M
Rookie

Post by Mr. M » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:26 pm

weeezl wrote:This must mean they still have interest in the show?
I hoping for it. I recall when Fox had the TV John Doe and after it was cancelled Fox pulled all the links and took down the website pretty quickly. Then again, that may been at the end of the season, in the spring, and they had no purpose of taking it down right away.

I think NBC may really be waiting to see how much the fans react to Knight Rider. I may watch an episode online tonight. In today's IT world it's very easy to see how many times an episode is downloaded or watched.

mikey
Volunteer

Post by mikey » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:38 pm

I'm with Neps. A website update on a show is hardly "meaningless". Every time there is even a slight change to a website, it takes tons of people to sign off on it. From design, to copy, to interactivity, and so on and so forth.

Personally, while I don't think this is anything close to solid evidence that KR is safe, it's definitely a good sign. With money being as tight as it is, NBC certainly isn't going to waste it on updating a site of a show they plan to kill. Not when they can hype up a new show that is waiting in the wings. The reason of it "keeps them from bombarding NBC offices with letter of support" doesn't fly. It's far cheaper to ignore hundreds of letters than to update a site.

Further, I would think TV execs WANT the bombardment of letters of support. The more they get, the better it looks to their would-be advertisers. Something they can sell them on. 1000 very interested parties are better than 10,000 barely interested ones..

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:10 pm

The tag line and "new" FLAG logo on the knight industries website has been there for a while now - I think since just after the KARR episode (knight to king's pawn). So don't read anything in to that. Plus it's supposed to be a site that the KR writers put up and they'll be thte last to know.

But being on the NBC website is relatively significant. That may mean something. Since NBC can track how many users went to this flag site by clicking the link on the NBC site I suggest getting EVERYONE to go to the NBC site and then clicking to the FLAG site.

Also the new FLAG logo is not the same one in the last episode.
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

Mr. M
Rookie

Post by Mr. M » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:21 pm

FLAGCEO wrote:Since NBC can track how many users went to this flag site by clicking the link on the NBC site I suggest getting EVERYONE to go to the NBC site and then clicking to the FLAG site.
Every little bit helps. Going with what I said above and how easy it is to see how many people have downloaded an episode they can also tell how many times they're website has been visited.

wez
Operative

Post by wez » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:01 pm

trissybabes wrote:It also mentions the "Season Finale" in the links on the left:

I love the new strapline across the bottom of the FLAG/KR site:

Reestablished in 2009 "To do what we think is right" - they wouldn't even have bothered updating that if the show was going to be canned - would they?

any1 notice it also says

established in 1982 to champions the cause of the innocent,the helpless and the powerless.

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:22 pm

I think that this is a great sign that Knight Rider will continue. Why would they spend money on the site if they were ecen 'thinking' of cancelling the series. I absolutely love KR and I can't wait to see if and what next season has in store for us.
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:02 pm

For the work they did I doubt it cost them all that much, it's not as if they did a huge redesign of the site either...
any1 notice it also says

established in 1982 to champions the cause of the innocent,the helpless and the powerless.

Uhh yeah, though like I said before in my "nerd post" FLAG was actually established in 1965 according to the KR bible that was made by people in charge of the original series. :P
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:32 pm

I would love to have that FLAG background as a wallpaper!

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:36 pm

Has anyone been to the site recently?
I went to it tonight to see if anything had been changed, and to my surprise......
The front page is the same, but the next page is different and none of the menu buttons work, all just lead back to the opening page.

It says their redoing to website, which is good news I guess.....
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:59 pm

awesome news keep us posted :good: :good:
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!