Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

User avatar
Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 12:29 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Sweden

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:16 am

So it's official. I give up, and you guys should start watching it because you like it, not because you like the 80's version. The 80's version was not great, and Knight Rider belongs in the 80's. And watch it as a viewer, not as a critic. It ruins the experience or lack thereof. So i'm done. Have a good time wasting an hour of your life every week for a show that is hepelessly doomed to be cut off the network or at least go out of production. Bye.


No you're wrong! I watched KR08 because of my devotion to the 80's version, not because I suddenly found it interesting. Perhaps a bit pointless to argue with you now that you're off the board so I think I'll stop there. You have a good time missing out all of the action!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

User avatar
Matthew
Site Administrator
Posts: 1141
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:01 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: England

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by Matthew » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:41 am

Saucy77 wrote:I give up, and you guys should start watching it because you like it, not because you like the 80's version. The 80's version was not great, and Knight Rider belongs in the 80's. And watch it as a viewer, not as a critic. It ruins the experience or lack thereof. So i'm done. Have a good time wasting an hour of your life every week for a show that is hepelessly doomed to be cut off the network or at least go out of production. Bye.

Wow, creating an account, and not even having a single word to say until something antagonistic comes to mind is such an original notion. Let’s all give Saucy a round of applause for his originality. :roll:

What’s that Saucy, there’s a draft? Don't worry, it's just the door heading towards your ass. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

User avatar
Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 12:29 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Sweden

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:05 am

Wow, creating an account, and not even having a single word to say until something antagonistic comes to mind is such an original notion. Let’s all give Saucy a round of applause for his originality.

What’s that Saucy, there’s a draft? Don't worry, it's just the door heading towards your ass.


Haha! You sure know how to kick ass Matthew. What can I say - they are idiots!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

User avatar
weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
Posts: 1346
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Weeezlville
Contact:

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by weeezl » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:52 am

Saucy77 wrote: So it's official. I give up, and you guys should start watching it because you like it, not because you like the 80's version. The 80's version was not great, and Knight Rider belongs in the 80's.


Yeah it is, your officially an idiot.

Saucy77 wrote: So i'm done. Have a good time wasting an hour of your life every week for a show that is hepelessly doomed to be cut off the network or at least go out of production. Bye.


Really, after only one post? what a shame. Another fine example of someone who has nothing better to do than talk out of their rear end.

Honestly, the stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

User avatar
weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
Posts: 1346
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Weeezlville
Contact:

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by weeezl » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:54 am

Matthew wrote:What’s that Saucy, there’s a draft? Don't worry, it's just the door heading towards your ass. :good:
Matt


@Image

:lol:

User avatar
cloudkitt
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 11:34 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:16 pm

Our door is always open, so feel free to leave ;)
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

User avatar
Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 8:17 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Hanging out with KITT in SPARTA!

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:17 pm

Matthew wrote:Wow, creating an account, and not even having a single word to say until something antagonistic comes to mind is such an original notion. Let’s all give Saucy a round of applause for his originality. :roll:

What’s that Saucy, there’s a draft? Don't worry, it's just the door heading towards your ass. :good:

Matt

Some people never cease to amaze me...Like the person Matt replied to here...

Our door is always open, so feel free to leave

No wonder there's a draft in here all the time...
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

User avatar
triran
Rookie
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:23 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Halifax, England
Contact:

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by triran » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:42 am

Well I really enjoyed this episode, like most people have said - its not the best episode but still an enjoyable episode. Mike drunk was funny and the whole "hang-over" voice cracked me up!

Obviously because of the episode change around it seemed like we had gone a little backwards in regards to the SCC but that was only to be expected. Agreed it would of been so cool to see highlights of the old missions at the SCC at the end but oh well. It still made me smile.

Maybe one day I can watch it on my TV legally here in the UK but in the mean time lets do what we have to do to get a second season!

User avatar
CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:23 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by CJaguar442 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:50 am

I thought the David Hasselhoff kitt i want a burger reference was hilarious.
The psycho woman bad guy being locked into the trunk as hilarious. then when Michael said there is therapy for that after the crazy women get stabbed by her boyfriend with an needle which could of killed her which shows she needs help.

billy looked good in uniform and finally scored a women for being himself

the incredible hulk aka hulk smash moment was awesome :good: :good: :good: :kitt: :kitt2: :kittspin:

this episode was truly Knight Rider it had the right chemistry humor, action, and love
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

User avatar
Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 12:29 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Sweden

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:04 am

This question might have been answered in a different topic so instead of creating a new one I'll just ask here. Throughout the season we've been given rumours that Hasselhoff was going to be featured in a couple episodes and so far he wasn't so what happened with his envolvement in the series? Did he bail out from the offer?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

User avatar
CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:23 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by CJaguar442 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:17 am

Knight-Armen wrote:This question might have been answered in a different topic so instead of creating a new one I'll just ask here. Throughout the season we've been given rumours that Hasselhoff was going to be featured in a couple episodes and so far he wasn't so what happened with his envolvement in the series? Did he bail out from the offer?

that is a good question dude i like to know as well
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

User avatar
Rainack
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 284
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Squaw Valley, CA
Contact:

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by Rainack » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:39 pm

HOFFABE wrote:Is it me or when he came out drunk did he say..."don't worry i'm a flag" lmao either way that was some funny stuff. Can't wait till season 2 they have finally got the show dead on. I mean the lil sit down with KITT like he was a 7yr old. And the talk about secrets...priceless.


After watching this episode for the 3rd time, this time in HD at my parents', with closed caption on, I can say that he did say "Don't worry, I'm a flag."
I was rolling!
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

Atlantean2005
Recruit
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:53 pm

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by Atlantean2005 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:08 pm

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this but it goes along with the junk yard scene in the ep. What do you think would have happened if the magnet would have clamped down on KITT? Inquiring minds (in other words.. ME!! :D) are curious because I'm wanting to do a comic/fic where KITT is lowered down a great distance and don't know if the magnet would screw him up. Or should I just play it safe and use the strap-like things (can't think of what they're called at the moment). Thanks for the help! :good:

User avatar
CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:23 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by CJaguar442 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:03 pm

Atlantean2005 wrote:Don't know if this is the right place to ask this but it goes along with the junk yard scene in the ep. What do you think would have happened if the magnet would have clamped down on KITT? Inquiring minds (in other words.. ME!! :D) are curious because I'm wanting to do a comic/fic where KITT is lowered down a great distance and don't know if the magnet would screw him up. Or should I just play it safe and use the strap-like things (can't think of what they're called at the moment). Thanks for the help! :good:


KITT should be EMP (Electro-Magnetic Pulse) proof so the magnet should have no effect on KITT’s computer circuitry what so ever.

(Cold war era KITT) Such as when nuclear bomb detonates it emits an EMP fries all kinds of circuitry, silicone chips, automotive wiring, destroys cellular phones, TVs and anything else requiring electricity.
I hope that helps
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Atlantean2005
Recruit
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:53 pm

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by Atlantean2005 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:24 pm

CJaguar442 wrote:
Atlantean2005 wrote:Don't know if this is the right place to ask this but it goes along with the junk yard scene in the ep. What do you think would have happened if the magnet would have clamped down on KITT? Inquiring minds (in other words.. ME!! :D) are curious because I'm wanting to do a comic/fic where KITT is lowered down a great distance and don't know if the magnet would screw him up. Or should I just play it safe and use the strap-like things (can't think of what they're called at the moment). Thanks for the help! :good:


KITT should be EMP (Electro-Magnetic Pulse) proof so the magnet should have no effect on KITT’s computer circuitry what so ever.

(Cold war era KITT) Such as when nuclear bomb detonates it emits an EMP fries all kinds of circuitry, silicone chips, automotive wiring, destroys cellular phones, TVs and anything else requiring electricity.
I hope that helps


Thanks for that! :good: I was thinking along those lines but just wanted someone to really verify for me! I guess what really sent my "huh?!" alarm off was I kinda over-interpreted (so to speak) the "This is bad" reaction when the magnet claw thing was slowly reaching down towards KITT. Thanks again!

User avatar
Honeykitt
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:46 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Arizona

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by Honeykitt » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:42 am

I totally enjoyed this episode. I have watched it again and again and again on the NBC site.

My Thoughts:

Justin makes a hilarious drunk. I was rolling on the floor.
I loved KITT getting back at him about the GPS comment with the seal belt trouble.
KITT wanting to know where Mike was, shocking the bad guy and saying "Wrong Answer" was just sweet.
And many many (did I mention many :P ) others things in the episode.

Just one thing truly bugged me: Mike "ordering him".

Is it just me, but does it seem that KI3T is being "ordered" around way too much? I think of him as an equal member of the team. It seems Mike looks at him like an underling or something at times. I don't really recall Mike Sr. or anyone else treating KI2T that way.

All in all, a truly wonderful episode. I truly want a second season!!!!

And Phoenixzero, you mentioned Mike having an ego in one of your posts. You know, I've been struck a few times that way myself, especially towards KITT, and I can't really say I like or agree with it. Like with him asking Sarah "What the hell are you doing?", referring to that program she installed. I just thought "That's called being part of a team and watching out for each other". Ego much Mike?

User avatar
imranbecks
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:18 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Singapore, Asia
Contact:

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by imranbecks » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:39 am

Just saw the episode last night. Loved it! A good episode and a fitting season finale nonetheless. Seeing Michael drunk was a classic!Too bad they didn't show the scene of them buying the burger afterwards... :lol: Loved the ending in the KITT cave, very touching and makes me really hope I will see all of them back for a 2nd season coz I miss them already.. KI3T, Mike, Sarah, Billy and Zoe.... Anyone noticed how perfect the episode seemed without all that CGI transformations? Just plain old KI3T in his normal Mustang mode..

User avatar
ozikool
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:44 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by ozikool » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:16 am

This is my favorite episode of season 1
Great one

User avatar
blackwolfjk13
Stranger
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:18 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Kelso, WA

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by blackwolfjk13 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:11 am

Well, as a major Billy fan, this ep was obviously my favorite. The nerdy boy-genius got a hot girl, got to thwack the bad guy with a shovel, and got to look really, really, amazingly good in uniform. :dance: I hope we get to see more Billy action in the fall...
"Maturity is often more absurd than youth and very frequently is most unjust to youth." ~Thomas Edison

User avatar
ozikool
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:44 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by ozikool » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:43 pm

blackwolfjk13 wrote:Well, as a major Billy fan, this ep was obviously my favorite. The nerdy boy-genius got a hot girl, got to thwack the bad guy with a shovel, and got to look really, really, amazingly good in uniform. :dance: I hope we get to see more Billy action in the fall...


Yeah i am a billy fan too and thats also the thing.My favorite part is the start when KITT was(Dont know how to explain).I love when the girls goes in.

girl:Whats that.
mike:its GPS ,does not work
kitt:GPS activaed
girl:looks like it works
mike:well its a gps you cant rely (I forgot the word) on.

mike could not get the seat belt :kitt: haha :karr:

Locked