Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

larmindy
Volunteer

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by larmindy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:58 am

"One man Can Make a Drffrence"
Yes we are all glad to hear it, but I was a little put off by Zoe and Sarah adding/changing this tag line.
KITT being a badass at times was great.
Michael and KITT chat due to Sarah's new program was nice. It is needed, but only if Michael is unconsious, not if he is injured.

Still I am very happy with this ep and the last few. Looking forward to season 2.

:kitt2:

Jay
Rookie

Post by Jay » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:02 am

Excellent episode - hilarious funnies, tons of TOS references, Hoff reference, nice story. And KITT with tons of initiative and self-driving.
"Alright Mr. KITT, let's burn some rubber!" Knight Song

Alan1972
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Alan1972 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:30 am

and no transforming, it was great.

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:54 am

Although I too think that this was not the best episode of the season (my fav was Exit Light, Enter Knight), I definately enjoyed this episode, perhaps even more than Fight Knight. No transformations, some good comedic moments, and the fire pole mentioned in Billy's blog finally appears! I'm REALLY hoping for a second season. If NBC doesn't keep it, they'll lose me forever, and I hope many others too.

Until I read this thread, I didn't make the Tempelton Benedict (Tempelton Peck = Dirk Benedict) A-Team reference. I loved that little reference to another great show. I thought the discovery of old FLAG files was great, but I wish they at least had episode names, like the "first completed cases" did.

And althgough I didn't appreciate the T&A at the club, similar to the bikini party in Journey to the End of the Knigt (ep. 2), it really didn't bother me that much this time - probably because it was relatively short-lived.

I thought I'd also post some of my favorite lines from this episode:

KITT Michael, don’t you think we should go over current the case file?
MIKE: Do I look like a dork in a suit?
KITT: Yes, Michael, you do. But please pay attention.
---
MIKE: Whatever happened to vitamins?
KITT: I haven’t seen you take many vitamins, Michael – unless you count beer as a vitamin.
MIKE: Hey, there are plenty of vitamins in beer, if you drink enough.
KITT: We’ll have to discuss your misunderstanding of nutrition later, Michael. You have an incoming call from Sarah.
SARAH: Mike, have you had a chance to review the case file?
MIKE: KITT and I were just going over it.
KITT: And by “just” he means just about to.
MIKE: Gee Sarah, thanks for installing the back-stabbing program. It’s really working out.
---
MIKE: Nice place. KITT, can you PLEASE do something about this music?
KITT: Accessing DJ booth. [music changes to I "Love the Nightlife" by Alicia Bridges]
MIKE: KITT, the idea was to make the music better.
KITT: I assumed this was a popular hit; Billy played it 389 times on my music system.
MIKE: Billy has issues. What else has he been up to?
KITT: He mostly plays Second Life on my touch screen. Curiously, Billy’s avatar drives a car named ‘KITT”; and it’s mechanic is named “Mike.”
MIKE: Okay; you tell Billy you are not his treehouse.
---
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.
KITT: Michael, you do know that it’s an urban legend that greasy food helps a hangover.
MIKE: Look, the government’s not sponsoring us anymore; Zoe can’t cook and there’s nothing in the fridge. I NEED A BURGER!
KITT: Should we get something for the lady in the trunk?
MIKE: NO! She’s not hungry!
[Back at the SSC]
KITT: Thank you Sarah; I prefer a tidy interior. Michael got ketchup all over my steering wheel.
---
MIKE: [panting] KITT, you okay?
KITT: I’m fine Michael; are you okay?
MIKE: Yeah, I’m fine too.
KITT: Knowing you, I’m sure it’s nothing a couple pints of vitamins won’t fix.
MIKE: [grimaces] You got that right. Initiate Designated Driver Mode.
KITT: Michael?
MIKE: I’m kidding. [Mike collapses on the ground]

Lastly, if anyone from the KR team is reading this, congrats and kudos to a great season, especially after the re-tooling. I know I certainly appreciate and love the new take on my old favorite, and hope to see more this fall and beyond.
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

Milkman
Recruit

Post by Milkman » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:42 pm

I am disappointed to see that there are only 4 pages of comments for the last episode of this season.

I thought the episode was great, and I believe the show is heading in the right direction!.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:03 pm

Again, I'm sorry to say that I think a lot of people are way too easily pleased. I found the episode a bit on the slow side and the action not very exciting at all. K.I.T.T. didn't do any real stunts or turbo boosts (again), either. I couldn't help but be reminded of the Hulk whenever the main villain injected himself with the serum and his eyes changed colors. As most members here hate the original series' finale, "Voo Doo Knight," because some felt it went a little too far out there for the Knight Rider universe, didn't "I Love the Knight Life" do the same thing? I felt superhuman villains might have been stretching things a little too far for the show.

And just as I expected, all we got was a mention of F.L.A.G. and a computer screen with past missions (which of course weren't explained because that would have taken a little bit of research on the writer's part). They even dissed the name.

I did notice that towards the end the characters were talking as if this is going to be the beginning of a whole new series of adventures, as opposed to acting like it's the end of the series, which is good.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

knightrider4evr
Stranger

Post by knightrider4evr » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:07 pm

That was a wonderful episode, FLAG is begining to run again. The super human strength came with a kind of old school incredible hulk look, I loved it!
I truly would love to see the series return for another 3 seasons; maybe even longer. I like the new K.I.T.T. as he is, being able to transform into anything he chooses is great. He is also begining to think for himself too now, when he saw Billy he acted on stopping the crusher from getting him off of the ground. If the show does continue, K.I.T.T. should do a lot more thinking on his own, just as when the thug got inside him he demanded to know where Mike was.
Long Live KR 08, and if they do return they should do another K.A.R.R. episode as the orignal had him in it twice, except this time he should only be another Mustang because, let's say that the person that found his remains could not get him back to the transformer state robot and they only could salvage him as a car. :kittx: :karr:

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:14 pm

Well, on a purely personal level, I kind of liked seeing Mike struggling with the seat Belt. My mustang can really give me coniptions with that one.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Jay
Rookie

Post by Jay » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:25 pm

Did anyone notice how the orchardy-place Mike fights Victor the first time looks a lot like the one Devon was running through after escaping prison?
Also, getting Mike drunk and running him off a cliff, remind anyone of a certain group of faux bodyguard drivers and a use of retro-rockets?
"Alright Mr. KITT, let's burn some rubber!" Knight Song

R.I.T.T.
Recruit

Post by R.I.T.T. » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:55 pm

Jay wrote:Did anyone notice how the orchardy-place Mike fights Victor the first time looks a lot like the one Devon was running through after escaping prison?
Also, getting Mike drunk and running him off a cliff, remind anyone of a certain group of faux bodyguard drivers and a use of retro-rockets?
It actually reminded me of a Mickey Mouse comic in a Donald Duck pocket book they sell here :P (although without the alcohol but with a drugged Mickey)

I liked the episode, Mike and KITT were amazingly funny, loved the drunk Mike. Superhuman serum was kinda far fetched but if I can take a turbo boosting, transforming talking Mustang for granted I can believe that. Loved the Templeton Benedict alias. Especially as Billy pretended to be a Lieutenant, which was the same rank as Face had in the A-Team.

I didn't understand the big fuss about the crane coming down on KITT, I doubt it would have damaged him, they took a little bit too long for that.

Liked the ending. If this was the last episodes ever it is satisfying enough, knowing FLAG is back and the heroes are continuing their thing . If we get a season two it's a good point to start from.
Hello, I am Rush Industries Three Thousand, R.I.T.T. for easy reference, or Ritt if you prefer.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:06 pm

I got a few bones about this last episode:

The plot didn't really fit into the KR universe. It was too out there to mix Hulk with KR. The stories should be more realistic and down to earth. Andron was better in this respect. After last night's plot, I've run out of chances to give to Thompson.

While the comedy IS funny, it should be toned down a bit. Mike getting drunk was hillarious but not really KR. It's taking too much of an approach toward comedy. A few light hearted chuckle moments will suffice.

The ending should have had the crusher pick up KITT and have some way for KITT to escape from it. In TOS, we always would have had a moment where KITT was in peril and he'd escape. Take the episode Blind Spot for instance, where KITT was picked up and put in the crusher. KITT then turbo boosted out of it. Having KITT shoot out his laser just before the crusher could pick him up to stop it in time was a bit of a downer.

Overall, it was an average episode to end the series. I did like the ending and seeing the return of the black leather jacket. I was waiting for that and was afraid we would have had to put up with that average looking flak jacket.

My favourite of the series was the two parter, the one where Carrie and Graiman goes out of it. It was brilliant...gritty, action packed, exciting and quite hard edged.

Followed by the episode where Mike is poisoned.

My favourite of the reboot phase was the bank heist episode.

I'm all for serious episodes, myself, I guess lol.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:45 pm

A much better episode, but they're still copying plots from other places. The baddies' costumes, the "serum will make his temperature rise" - all stuff from the Splinter Cell series.
Lost Knight wrote:Ah, the obligatory T&A time...G.S.T., you horny little goat, you!
Maybe it's because I've seen so much T&A in the series now, it's bothered me less but it didn't seem as gratuitous as the previous shots. There were some biiiiig mangoes though!
Rainack wrote:Anybody else have the feeling we were getting a bit of the "Incredible Hulk," when the guys eyes changed because of the serum?
Along with the A-Team and Splinter Cell references,
DrWho2005 wrote:"Templeton Benedict"
Templeton Peck was Played by Dirk Benedict who often impersonated various people.
Completely got that nod. Was absolutely funny.
Jay wrote:Did anyone notice how the orchardy-place Mike fights Victor the first time looks a lot like the one Devon was running through after escaping prison?
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.

Also, getting Mike drunk and running him off a cliff, remind anyone of a certain group of faux bodyguard drivers and a use of retro-rockets?[/quote]
AHahahaha I expected it to be a full rip-off, so was surprised when KI3T interrogated the bad guy.
Skav wrote:The ending should have had the crusher pick up KITT and have some way for KITT to escape from it. In TOS, we always would have had a moment where KITT was in peril and he'd escape. Take the episode Blind Spot for instance, where KITT was picked up and put in the crusher. KITT then turbo boosted out of it. Having KITT shoot out his laser just before the crusher could pick him up to stop it in time was a bit of a downer.
My biggest pet-peeve of TOS was how KITT used to just sit around, do nothing, get into some kind of trouble and needing MK's help or similar. Example: Junkyard Dog - IMO KITT should have seen what was going to happen and counter it. Or A Nice Indecent Town when the two guys were trying to jack KITT up, got him to back on to ramps and get lifted up. I really wish KITT could have seen that. So for KI3T to (hopefully) foresee what was going to happen, he took action.
KnightCrusader99 wrote:But I am happy that they finally said the words "One Man Can Make A Difference".
Got a huge kick out of that.
PunkMaister wrote:too bad they did not have any video of the old team in action showing up in the monitors
I was hoping for some pics of the original crew. Would have been nice.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:56 pm

UNFREAKIN' BELIEVABLE!!! This episode was PERFECT!!! It was funny, scary, thrilling, hot (just the right amount of T&A), action filled, drama, you name it. I really hope they will make another season of this. If the writers keep up with this story line they will go far... and I mean far!

GREAT WORK!!!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:06 pm

Knight2000 wrote:My biggest pet-peeve of TOS was how KITT used to just sit around, do nothing, get into some kind of trouble and needing MK's help or similar. Example: Junkyard Dog - IMO KITT should have seen what was going to happen and counter it. Or A Nice Indecent Town when the two guys were trying to jack KITT up, got him to back on to ramps and get lifted up. I really wish KITT could have seen that. So for KI3T to (hopefully) foresee what was going to happen, he took action.
Funny you mention that because I was watching the ep with a friend and before KITT took any action, he said KITT should have noticed the crusher by now. KITT sat there for a good while not doing anything.

But I think sometimes you have to sacrifice little things to get more action and I'd have preferred KITT get caught and have some sequence where he gets out of it, but that's just me.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:13 pm

Wasn't a great episode to be honest.It was supposed to be an epic season finale.Where is that hidden 'easter egg' mystery ending that was present in Exit Light,Enter Knight episode?The super soldier (evil captain america meets hulk) thing wasn't exciting.KITT was doing nothing for quite some time when that crusher was lowering it's arm over.Why didn't he use micro darts to knock out the that villainous lady?I thought KITT would get into action with the crusher much like the episode named 'blind spot' which didn't happen so i got dissapointed.The first half of the episode was boring.Though i did like some action scenes and specially the interrogation scene.I prefer the Nano-Tech repairs from the Back door Pilot over the series version.Those 'Blue Halo' shields look way too CHESSY.The regular T&A again totally unnecessary.We didn't get much insight about the FLAG,just the name and an Emblem.No past history of Flag.This clearly was just an average episode.

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:25 pm

I really enjoyed the episode last night. I so hope this isn't the final episode. I really want more Knight Rider. The story was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the Hulk like effect. The humor worked for me like the disco music. The ending was good. I like the new FLAG logo. The reboot is working and it would be a real shame if the series wasn't brought back.

blazevski
Recruit

Post by blazevski » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:57 pm

yet another great episode... I really wish KR gets a second seasson... I have to agree with a few members here tho; KITT could have done a bit more of action. There was a lot of auto-cruise which is perfect, I luved how he parked it so smoothly almost making poor valet cry etc., but he could do at least 1 transformation or turbo boost or ski mode (e.g. trading scene-KITT vs SUV). However, another very good episode... especally luvd the drunk part and the GPS thing :) I guess humor in KR makes series unique. And as I've seen the ending, the whole team together I got tear in my eye (not really heh) and I realised how much we ALL will miss KR if it gets cancelled no matter to how we used to criticise it ocassionaly... Lets just hope for the best now...

Vette
Volunteer

Post by Vette » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:10 pm

Look Im in favor for Knight Rider 2008.

But a must do for the show to survive is casting.

Firstly you need to get rid of Zoe appearing regularly she is useless and plotlines wasted on her nonsense.

Sarah CANNOT AND SHOULD NOT be the head of FLAG. She has no prescence like Devon...you need that...

She is too emotionally involved with Mike...that is where the lameness takes place.

We need a bit more of an adult feel...i think Torres had it but was too much friction...
which leads to a Hoff return as the head is good thing.

Bottom line is possibly the reason NBC is deciding on the future of KR2008.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:18 pm

I'm surprised no one mentioned KITTs start up sequence in the begining of the episode.....
People were begging for it and no one says a thing....
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Vette
Volunteer

Post by Vette » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:34 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:I'm surprised no one mentioned KITTs start up sequence in the begining of the episode.....
People were begging for it and no one says a thing....
what do you mean by start up sequence??
the opening is of him having a banter with mike...

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:37 pm

Here's what I think. I loved this episode but I have to admit that the whole season has been a roller coaster ride, i.e. some episodes were bad and some were actually quite good. In order to maintain a firm and stable course they need to be aware of a few things that might bring down the quality of each episode a bit.
First of all 40 minutes is not that much of air time especially when you have loads of commercial breaks. So what they need to do is to squeeze a good chunk of action in all those spaces to keep up a high level excitement. Another thing that I miss is the freeze frames they used in TOS. That's an excellent way of cutting into a commercial brake.
Second they need to replace Sarah as the head of F.L.A.G. because it needs to be operated by someone with a lot more experience than she has got. Both she and Mike are 30 years old, born 1979!!!
Another thing that keeps bothering me is the silliness going on between Zoe and Billy. At first you get the impression that Zoe has feelings for Billy and wants to step it up a notch, next thing you know she rejects him. It drives me crazy! Get your feelings out already!
The last thing I wanted to point out for the time being is the voice of Ki3t, Val Kilmer. I'm sorry guys but I just think he's very boring. It sounds like he's talking from a phone and the tone of his voice is just so awful. It ruins the mood.

Although, as I just pointed out the episode was great but we need to fine tune some bits in order to make it better. I'm very angry with the network; though, who hasn't advertised Knight Rider in the way it was supposed to. You already gave them a bad spot on the schedule. Atleast be a good sport and advertise the show the way it deserves...
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:19 am

i thought it was a very good episode, there was a lot of funny scenes, the drunk scene was hillarious, kitt not letting mike extract his seatbelt was priceless, i really liked when kitts interior electronics and heads up display was flashing while he was questioning the girl from the trunk. and i'm very happy they didn't do any transformations, this episode had a definite original series feel to it, if the series doesen't return next season i will be upset, but at least they gave us fans a good send off episode to remember. :good: :good:
in glen larson we trust.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:00 am

There's stuff about it I liked and some stuff I disliked, some I disliked a lot... But like the other episodes I really need to watch it again without any distractions to let it all sink in...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:14 am

20 year old girl is HOT and has a PHD in Bio something?Not acceptable.Billy dressing up in a uniform and acting like an army men and suddenly bought the uniform from where?Not believable.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:18 am

Start-up sequence? Where was that? And what was the Splinter Cell reference?

And as for them "ripping" on the name, it's always been kind of a cheesy name. I remember my dad laughing at the "Foundation for Law and Government," when I was a little kid. It's even a little weird now since they're rather anti-government by his point (not to mention illegally accessing databases). Don't misunderstand, I do NOT want them to change the name, I could just understand why they would poke fun at it.

And on the database thing, that was stupid, each keyboard key does NOT have its own pitch,its not a phone. Hy didn't she just say "I was his personal assistant." That would've been easier and more believable.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"