season 2 ideas??? this would be cool...

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kwsta20
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

season 2 ideas??? this would be cool...

Post by kwsta20 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:23 am

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Re: season 2 ideas??? this would be cool...

Post by NeoRanger » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:02 am

I'm pretty sure he can already do that, in a way, but regardless now that you mention it...

Any chance we can get rid of the damn stripes? Ancient issue, I know and I've gotten used to the Mustang, but the damn stripes ruin it for me.

rickth64
Volunteer

Post by rickth64 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:36 am

Yeah, he already did that once or twice 8)

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:46 am

8) How about a new dash???
"One man can make a difference"
Knight Rider forever

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:35 am

you should be talking to the producers.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:27 pm

I hope they dont change the dash..... I've grown used to the HUD and I'd miss the KI3TBall.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:30 pm

The voiceorb can stay, but like in the orriginal series kitt went through a lot of change, so the new KITT needs it as well. Otherwise it becames boring after a while. I think the new mustang is much better looking than the actual, the hood and voice orb can stay only. Everything else need to be updated!
Producers, Just go for it, please! 8)
Knight Rider forever

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:27 pm

ThomasKnight wrote:Image
8) How about a new dash???
Wow where did you get that dash from? The friggin Enterprise? That looks awesome but what is that circular compass looking like thing in the center of the dashboard?

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:30 pm

Well, thaks for your interest, I'm a graphic designer, I've made this dashconcept by my self. I'm really happy if you like it. :D
Actually this dash is a lookalike dash, an idea, helps me to share my vision with others, so that little "compass" is a compass i think: it's from ironman, because most of the KITT graphics are inspired by ironman, but this is not important now...
What I'm trying to say with this dash: I liked the screens and leds in KI2T, so I think it would be great to see if KI3T's dash could transform into a similar dash sometimes: when the car is in "KNIGHT MODE" (my idea).
I can make tons of versions of it, but I think the idea is more important, the details can olways change. :wink:
Knight Rider forever

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:24 am

wow, that dash and steering wheel is awesome, :good: this is what kitt needs. they need to get rid of the heads up display and the ordinary round steering wheel and put a dash and steering wheel in similar to yours, that is what kitt is missing, the way kitt is now is just a stock mustang with nothing spectacular to look at, we need more eye candy!!!
in glen larson we trust.

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:27 am

:D Yes! Exactly! That is the right answer what I'm waiting for!
We need more eyecandy!
We don't want to be bored, do we?
If we travel back in time: The original KITT was wery eyecandy inside and outside as well.
So, the new one could be much more, because of the natural evolution of technic! :wink:
Just think about it and everyone can see: Nothing is impossible, expecially on screen! 8)
Knight Rider forever

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:38 am

Actually, My first idea for the dash, wich helped me to create this draw: In "KNIGHT MODE" the car dashboard can transform from the original looking dash (which is wery good for cover KITT's real identity) to a wery eyecandy dash, including the steering wheel, when the normal round shape is transforming into a similar shape, which is according to the original KITT steering wheel.
:dash4:
Knight Rider forever

B.R.O
Recruit

Post by B.R.O » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:40 am

What I'd like to see I the Foundation growing in size between the seasons, by this I mean hiring more people as big parts of the "hideout" they have is pretty much deserted. It doesn't feel feasible that just Sarah, Billy, Zoe, Mike and KI3T could run the whole circus and have time to do something else than take care of the missions.

I'we had a hart time adjusting to Sarah being the boss of the whole "circus" so I'd like to see a new Devon Miles kind of character introduced and have him take over the lead of the foundation leaving Sarah as a kind of Bonnie like character, where I think she fits in the best.

The Billie and Zoe characters could also need a bit of rework, Billie could be made into something slighly less of a nerd stereotype and Zoe into something slighly less of a perfect godess who never fails at anything and doesn't even get bruised when knocked out could with the end of a handgun.

The Mike character is the best balanced character at the moment and is the only one who doesn't really need any adjustments.

The KI3T on the other hand need some major adjustments, mainly due to the pretty rapidly changing attitude and behavior that changes between episodes, in one episode he behaves like a brooding teenager when in the next he behaves as loyally and well as the best trained dog. I guess this could be fixed by just giving the writers a kick on the ass and firing one of them to show that this is serious (nothing makes slackers work harder than the treat of getting fired). Basically his behaviour should be changed to how KI2T behaved in TOS, the loyal companion somewhat shy companion who wasn't afraid to get hurt himself to save his driver.

The KI3T car itself could use a sligh amount rework too, adding a bottom plate at all times for consistency and removing the redicculous looking KR logo from the headrests, but mainly intoducing the consept of limited space for gadgets and weapons. It could be done like in TOS where Bonnie/April would install equipment in the beginning of the episode depending on the mission or include the consept of equipment packages, like a weapon package with the gatling guns and missiles and a hi-tech package with the EMP, longer range sensors and the laser.

ThomasKnight
Operative

Post by ThomasKnight » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:14 am

:D Here's a little play with the lights and colours:
Knight Rider forever