Lost episodes ?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Cam KNIGHT
Recruit

Lost episodes ?

Post by Cam KNIGHT » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:29 am

Hi Kro !

Yesterday the french voice over of michael knight was at a french TV show convention. During the convention he talk to a friend that he voiced about 152 Episodes of knight rider. Yes you are not dreaming. 152 episodes ! Superknight the webmaster of http://www.knightriderworld.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ( or KR-world for the friends :mrgreen: ) with my help,had a little phone interview with Yves marie maurin (michael's french voice) and he was surprised by learning that only 90 eps were aired. he confirmed the number of episodes which was written on his contract. So what ? where are those episodes ?

it was Cam KNIGHT from the community of http://www.knightriderworld.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; & http://www.knight2000.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Super knight
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Lost episodes ?

Post by Super knight » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:33 am

Yes I confirm, I have called Yve-Marie Maurin and he said he was the voice acting for 152 episodes of Knight Rider (and season 5 episod too).

So, why NBC don't diffuse this episodes? Can we see it now? How?
webmaster of http://www.knightriderworld.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:40 am

Surely that must be a big mix up, they wouldn't not air that many episodes and if they did I'm sure we would have heard about it before?

Cam KNIGHT
Recruit

Post by Cam KNIGHT » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:57 am

the question is : Where are those 60 eps ?

KAS
Stranger

Post by KAS » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:38 am

Hello so what Cam Knight and Super knight are trying to tell you is there 152 Episode of the original Knight Rider. The source is coming from Yves Marie Maurin (Voice Actor who played Michael Knight Voice in French Version). Mister Maurin has already told this information in a convention but also SuperKnight Got the guy over the phone to get another confirmation from Mr Maurin. So there 152 Episode in total but only 90 Where broadcasted.
KAS
English admin for Knight2000.net

ULTRASUBS
Volunteer

Post by ULTRASUBS » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:25 pm

WOW, that is weird.........

Maybe they found out late that the show was going to get canceled and they had the contract already written assuming a season 5.
The only strange thing is that George Barris who is a very close friend of mine who as we all know designed and built the SPM cars was under contract as well to build the newer cars.
He only delivered three but I should ask him again as he would know.

Also when I was looking at the E-Bay listing of the car that know own, in benchwarmers they had Adam Sandler as the "funny man" but again as typical it was Hollywood preliminary.

Super knight
Recruit

Post by Super knight » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:55 pm

Ok, thant you to help us. :)
webmaster of http://www.knightriderworld.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:58 pm

Yeah, this is obviously a mix up of epic proportions on that fellows part, as losing sixty two episodes, which would equate to almost three complete seasons, is quiet simply impossible I’m afraid.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:16 pm

This maybe something to talk about in the future as episod-X, something like the X-Files. it will be really strange if turns out their is an extra episod that no one knows about Image :kitt:

Volunteer

Post by Avatar » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:24 pm

Would they also be counting TKR and KR2000 as well as the origional series?

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:58 am

Avatar wrote:Would they also be counting TKR and KR2000 as well as the origional series?
TKR,KR2000 and KR2010 aren't part of the story line.KR08 picks up after TOS.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Super knight
Recruit

Post by Super knight » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:28 am

Avatar wrote:Would they also be counting TKR and KR2000 as well as the origional series?

No because DH don't apear in TKR so YMM don't work in it.

Today I phone to Guy Chapellier (french KITT voice) to have a confirmation.

Post Scriptum : if Victor Kros can contact Glen Larson that could be cool to confirm too!

Super knight
Recruit

Post by Super knight » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:14 am

Well, I phoned to Guy Chapellier and he don't remember, so this afternoon, I call Synchro-Mondial the society who employed the voice actor...)

Sorry for my bad English :)

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:40 pm

This information (according to Larson) is entirely false. There were 84 episodes of Knight Rider that aired but there were countless scripts (mostly drafts/revisions) that were not actually shot.

Knight Rider Legacy goes into detail about three episodes that were unproduced: The Wind Devil, Girls' Knight Out, and The Deadly Prize.

It makes absolutely no sense to just "hold back" 60 episodes, especially when NBC was obessive about budget concerns - there is no way they would just leave episodes in the can or really shoot scripts that they suspected wouldn't work out in production.

Glen confirms that if so many episodes actually existed he would have had a paycheck given to him for EVERY ONE of them since he is entiltled to be compensated for every episode of every attempted series for Knight Rider, despite the fact he moved on to other projects. So really the only guy who is claiming this is Yves Marie Maurin.

Unless he is going to actually post to you a list of every episode name that he worked on, I don't see this claim having any validity to it other than some sort of misunderstanding on his part.

=VK=
:dash:

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:01 pm

Victor Kros wrote:This information (according to Larson) is entirely false. There were 84 episodes of Knight Rider that aired but there were countless scripts (mostly drafts/revisions) that were not actually shot.

Knight Rider Legacy goes into detail about three episodes that were unproduced: The Wind Devil, Girls' Knight Out, and The Deadly Prize.

It makes absolutely no sense to just "hold back" 60 episodes, especially when NBC was obessive about budget concerns - there is no way they would just leave episodes in the can or really shoot scripts that they suspected wouldn't work out in production.

Glen confirms that if so many episodes actually existed he would have had a paycheck given to him for EVERY ONE of them since he is entiltled to be compensated for every episode of every attempted series for Knight Rider, despite the fact he moved on to other projects. So really the only guy who is claiming this is Yves Marie Maurin.

Unless he is going to actually post to you a list of every episode name that he worked on, I don't see this claim having any validity to it other than some sort of misunderstanding on his part.

=VK=
The Wind Devil seems interesting what was it about =VK=
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:18 pm

I'll let Joe Huth field those questions, it would be unfair to answer them given that they were exclusively covered in his book which makes him the perfect man to ask about it.

=VK=

Super knight
Recruit

Post by Super knight » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:37 am

Yes, it is certainly about an error of understanding on behalf of Yves marie Maurin. That is why we posted here on KRO to announce our surprise. Thank you for your answer and for the initiative of Victor.

I waits however always for the answer of Synchro-France to have a confirmation and a list of the number of doubled episodes.

See You

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:13 am

Victor Kros wrote: Knight Rider Legacy goes into detail about three episodes that were
unproduced: The Wind Devil, Girls' Knight Out, and The Deadly Prize.
It would be interesting to see these unproduced episodes being realised as either fan-fic
or published scripts. OR ... (this may well be a somewhat controversial idea to some KR
traditionalists) ... if NBC commissions a second season of new KR, perhaps the scripts
could be somehow adapted to become actual fully produced episodes.

Eitherway ... would the original makers of these unmade episodes still be appropriately
credited for their original work being realised for new audiences to appreciate them?

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:21 am

DJGM wrote:
Victor Kros wrote: Knight Rider Legacy goes into detail about three episodes that were
unproduced: The Wind Devil, Girls' Knight Out, and The Deadly Prize.
It would be interesting to see these unproduced episodes being realised as either fan-fic
or published scripts. OR ... (this may well be a somewhat controversial idea to some KR
traditionalists) ... if NBC commissions a second season of new KR, perhaps the scripts
could be somehow adapted to become actual fully produced episodes.

Eitherway ... would the original makers of these unmade episodes still be appropriately
credited for their original work being realised for new audiences to appreciate them?
the wind devil hell yeah
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:52 am

this is interesting. I agree with DJGM, it would be nice to read about these episods scince we didnt have the chance to watch them. Image :kitt: