What will happen in the season final?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Re: What will happen in the season final?

Post by NeoRanger » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:00 pm

No reason to get unfairly snippy, guys. "Series finale" was misleading- I'd certainly mislead me and I'm not American. It was the very *title*, it had to be fairly descriptive of the topic, after all.

Stuntman Lee
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Stuntman Lee » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:02 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
neps wrote:Because it was not correct. This is not the 'series' finale - it's the 'season' finale.

For now at least.

I'd guess that he's from somewhere in Europe, possibly the UK where for some reason they refer to a season as a series where of course a series here in North America is encompasses an entire show's run or an on going program. So Season One here would be considered "Series One" there and so on... *shrugs*
That is correct. And we in the UK would say "for some reason they refer to series as season".
:karr:
Love child of The Hoff.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:05 am

But what do you call our series'?

They reshot the end of the poison one when Mike's "dark" flashbacks were cut so I suppose they could have reshot this ending, I wouldn't expect any bomb-drops or anything, but probably a more conclusive end to the season...series, whatever. As long as they don't end it on a freaking cliff-hangar! I only like cliff-hangars' if the show is sure to return! :evil:
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:24 am

I hate them either way. Never quite got the point of a cliffhanger. I mean, if the show ends in a cliffhanger, I'm pissed off and feel unfulfilled as a viewer and there is no way I'm going to be as curious or excited a whole three months later; in fact, usually I barely remember the cliffhanger itself.

But I suppose it works with the general audience. Wasn't 1x17 supposed to end in one (bank blowing up, Mike possibly dying)?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:20 am

cloudkitt wrote:They reshot the end of the poison one when Mike's "dark" flashbacks were cut so I suppose they could have reshot this ending, I wouldn't expect any bomb-drops or anything, but probably a more conclusive end to the season...series, whatever. As long as they don't end it on a freaking cliff-hangar! I only like cliff-hangars' if the show is sure to return! :evil:
I really don't think we'll have to worry about a cliffhanger. Whether they were able to go back and re-shoot any scenes or not, this final episode was never originally intended to be a final episode, just an ordinary one. So for continuity's sake, switching its order around would have likely created a problem if it had a continuation that aired before it at some point. The only cliffhangers were in the 3-episode story arc a few months back.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:28 am

DrWho2005 wrote:Sorry, but i didn't see anywhere in the rules where it said we had to speak American.
This has nothing to do with being where you are from. We changed one word that had been contested in other threads in a heated way, we sought to avoid that this time.

I'm not really sure why you are making a big deal about this? If you have an issue, please take it up with me via PM - otherwise, I'd advise you to let it drop.

Stuntman Lee
Rookie

Post by Stuntman Lee » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:57 pm

[quote="cloudkitt"]But what do you call our series'?
quote]

It's still refered to as 'series'. If it was a new season, it would mostly likely just be called a new series, e.g "Knight Rider returns with a new series".

If it was a totally new show from scratch it would probably be advertised as a brand new series.
:)
Love child of The Hoff.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:18 am

That's...a little confusing, hah.

And I agree NeoRanger if a show's season would end this early, a cliffhanger would be stupid even if t were assured to come back since everyone would totally forget by the time august rolled around. Back when seasons used to end it like June and start in August it work, but now that seasons get shorter and shorter every year cliffhangers become less and less attractive.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

kwsta20
Recruit

Post by kwsta20 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:18 am

it looks to me that in the season finaly kitt gets picked up by a crane, now what if he got picked up and got detroyed or something and this happens...

Now that would be a cliffhanger for next season!!!!!!!! :D

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:14 am

DJGM wrote:Image

Am I seeing things, or is that huge mechanical claw about to pick KITT up off the ground?
Hmm.. Looking at that photo from the set of the season finale episode, I have this strange feeling that KI3T will be smashed by that crane just as the old KITT did in the season 4 opener Knight Of The Juggernaut....hmmm... And when we the show comes back for a 2nd season, KI3T is revived in the season opener and a new car will be used.. the 2010 Shelby comes to mind...hmmm... I hope I'm wrong :| But its sort of like Knight Of The Juggernaut all over again..

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:38 am

1) Charles Graiman appears

2) Michael Knight Snr appears

3) Kitt drives off into a purple sunset and mountain scene matching that of the original and the original Knight Rider theme plays us off into the credits.

4) All the above happens

5) None of the above happens

6) I hate lists, and I truly have no idea

7) see number 6

8) Are you still reading? Are you mad?

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:07 pm

Hmmmm. What will happen at the end of the season? Well nothin special i guess, they probably will show there best epiosode of the lot. Something big wil hapen at the start of season 2 i.e TOS Goliath, Knight of the drones etc.
Michael:“KITT I NEED YAH!”
Kitt:“ON MY WAY MICHAEL!”

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: The season vs series thing ... my view . . .

Here in the UK, we generally generally refer to a batch of regular episodes of a TV show
as a series, since most TV shows over here rarely run beyond 6-8 weeks in each series.

The way I see it though, if a show runs for 13 episodes or more, I prefer to call it a
season, since that is usually about the same number of weeks in a calendar season.
Any number of episodes less than 13, I prefer to call it a series.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:08 pm

DJGM wrote:Re: The season vs series thing ... my view . . .

Here in the UK, we generally generally refer to a batch of regular episodes of a TV show
as a series, since most TV shows over here rarely run beyond 6-8 weeks in each series.

The way I see it though, if a show runs for 13 episodes or more, I prefer to call it a
season, since that is usually about the same number of weeks in a calendar season.
Any number of episodes less than 13, I prefer to call it a series.
Hmm.. Interesting perspective.. I never thought about it that way.. In a way, you are probably right..

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:53 pm

the best thing is to have an indication that the Hoff will be back as a guest star, or a fixed role in FLAG this would the best way to end the season :kitt:

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:20 pm

I can't believe this didn't anyone see last nights commerical about knightrider? NBC was advertising knightrider SERIES FINALE on March 4. It was a very short ad. I thought the websites would be a buzz.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:24 pm

Well this is from the NBC website,

"Season Finale Wednesday, March 4th 8/7c
I LOVE THE KNIGHT LIFE
Mike and KITT hunt for a stolen serum before it reaches the wrong hands. TV-14 V"

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:50 am

Stylez wrote:Well this is from the NBC website,

"Season Finale Wednesday, March 4th 8/7c
I LOVE THE KNIGHT LIFE
Mike and KITT hunt for a stolen serum before it reaches the wrong hands. TV-14 V"
The plot summary really doesn't have a feel of a season/series finale.. Sounds rather anti climatic if you ask me.. Hopefully, there is more to the plot than just a stolen serum.. Hoping for some twists maybe.. I hope it ends with a good cliffhanger...

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:02 am

kwsta20 wrote:it looks to me that in the season finaly kitt gets picked up by a crane, now what if he got picked up and got detroyed or something and this happens...

Now that would be a cliffhanger for next season!!!!!!!! :D
Not bad, except that is the 2010 Shelby GT500. I would be partly upset if that happened though, since I'm building a KI3T replica.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:27 pm

Yeah.. Changing the car to a 2010 Shelby wld be a mistake in my opinion. They shd leave the car the way it is with the GT500KR. Maybe they can have KI3T transform into the 2010 in one episode or something. If there's one thing they shd change, is the look of the car in attack mode.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:13 am

imranbecks wrote:Yeah.. Changing the car to a 2010 Shelby wld be a mistake in my opinion. They shd leave the car the way it is with the GT500KR. Maybe they can have KI3T transform into the 2010 in one episode or something. If there's one thing they shd change, is the look of the car in attack mode.
I like what you said. couldnt agree more Image :kitt: