Aoshima season 4 KITT on way

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Aoshima season 4 KITT on way

Post by sarfraz » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:57 am

http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS04130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

.....no idea yet if this is just another variant of the season 3 KITT or an SPM/convertible KITT.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Re: Aoshima season 4 KITT on way

Post by imranbecks » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:48 am

At first I thought it was gonna be a 1/18 KITT... I hope it is the convertible.. It shd be.. What else can it be? SPM KITT? Hmmm...

Anyway, its good to see Aoshima making use of their Knight RIder license though. Keep em' coming Aoshima! Who knows, we could be seeing an official 1/18 KI3T Mustang from them in the near future...

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:48 am

When they have back orders like the season 3 KITT, what happens do you pay for it and then wait and hope they get some more?

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:56 am

As far as I know, you don't pay until they have the item in stock and is shipped to you.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:29 pm

sarfraz wrote:As far as I know, you don't pay until they have the item in stock and is shipped to you.

Sarfraz
Yup. Thats how it works at HLJ. Your card will only be charged once the item is in stock. I still have the KITT 1/24 led scanner on hold. It will only be restocked in March.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:51 am

I'm sorry, but when I clicked on the link, I didnt find any pictures!!! it has been removed or am i missing something here??? Image :kitt:

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:25 am

Knight007 wrote:I'm sorry, but when I clicked on the link, I didnt find any pictures!!! it has been removed or am i missing something here??? Image :kitt:
The photos and details of the new upcoming model has not been unveiled yet. Shd be getting a photo at the item page as soon as we near its release date. We are currently speculating which version KITT it will be as they state it will be a season 4 KITT.. Will it be the SPM KITT or the convertible... I'm going for the convertible..

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:27 am

imranbecks wrote:
Knight007 wrote:I'm sorry, but when I clicked on the link, I didnt find any pictures!!! it has been removed or am i missing something here??? Image :kitt:
The photos and details of the new upcoming model has not been unveiled yet. Shd be getting a photo at the item page as soon as we near its release date. We are currently speculating which version KITT it will be as they state it will be a season 4 KITT.. Will it be the SPM KITT or the convertible... I'm going for the convertible..
ohh, thankx for the info. I hope it will be the convertible too Image :kitt:

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:49 am

I have just taken a plunge and pre-ordered it! You never know.. Before its not available, I'd rather just pre-order it. Hope it wld either be a convertible or a SPM KITT.

Another possibility is that it could be just a standard KITT with the season 3 or 4 dash but with the season 4 nose. If that is so, it wld really be a dull offering. As I'm hoping Aoshima wld release a different mold of KITT altogether such as the convertible or the SPM KITT..

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:15 am

i will agree with you!i also think that the only difference between the 3rd season will be ofcourse the paint on the box...the nose..and maybe the dash screen decal!

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:59 am

And it looks like the 1/24 season 4 KITT will not come with the scanner unlike the 1/24 season 3 KITT. I suspect so because the KITT red LED scanner will be restocked in March, the same month as the scheduled release date for the 1/24 season 4 KITT.

I don't have the season 1 and 3 1/24 KITT, so I will accept the season 4 KITT in any form. But a new look would be better such as convertible or SPM as I already have so many different scales (1/43, 1/64, 1/18, 1/25, 1/15) of the standard KITT trans am exterior look..

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:44 pm

It looks like the upcoming Aoshima Season 4 KITT will not be a convertible or SPM.... As expected, its KITT with the new smooth nose as seen in season 4. A photo of what could be the item has surfaced at this website >>> http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10084954

Still, I will not cancel my preorder for it as I've always preferred the look of KITT in season 4 anyway with the new nose. Too bad it isn't a convertible. Plus, the only KITT in season 3 / 4 dash that I have is in 1/43 scale, so a 1/24 scale of it would be something different for my collection.... :D

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:37 am

imranbecks wrote:It looks like the upcoming Aoshima Season 4 KITT will not be a convertible or SPM.... As expected, its KITT with the new smooth nose as seen in season 4. A photo of what could be the item has surfaced at this website >>> http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10084954

Still, I will not cancel my preorder for it as I've always preferred the look of KITT in season 4 anyway with the new nose. Too bad it isn't a convertible. Plus, the only KITT in season 3 / 4 dash that I have is in 1/43 scale, so a 1/24 scale of it would be something different for my collection.... :D
I think it looks great. but can we open the doors, the bonet and others??? Image :kitt:

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:16 am

Knight007 wrote:
imranbecks wrote:It looks like the upcoming Aoshima Season 4 KITT will not be a convertible or SPM.... As expected, its KITT with the new smooth nose as seen in season 4. A photo of what could be the item has surfaced at this website >>> http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10084954

I think it looks great. but can we open the doors, the bonet and others??? Image :kitt:
Just like the other ones released from Aoshima, I'm sure the doors can all open.

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:43 am

imranbecks wrote:
Knight007 wrote:

Just like the other ones released from Aoshima, I'm sure the doors can all open.
No the doors on all the new 1/24 KITTs DO NOT open.
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:58 am

Oh yes.. Sorry.. I got it wrong. Guess I got mixed up with their 1/18 models :lol: The doors etc for the 1/24 model kits from Aoshima do not open. These can be seen clearly in this photo as the body is a one piece plastic. >>> http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10077591n2/40/2

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:23 am

so much for wishful thinking!!!!!...but i think that aoshima have on schedule to release the spm mode kitt...also i think that it will release more of the knight rider world..like goliath etg....think of it.....it is the only company that notice the detail on the front noses per season and release it on a model!!

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:13 am

And, although rather unusually for them the semi was completely wrong, they are the only company to offer us the official KR semi truck.

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:54 pm

Yeah & if they did make a new semi it would probably be $400! These prices for these Aoshima models are just ridiculous! Yes they are detailed well but in all reality they are really worth $19.99 at the most! Not $70-$200!
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!