The sideways turbo boost

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: The sideways turbo boost

Post by weeezl » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:48 am

Definitely the best turbo boost yet, closely followed by the jump in Day Turns Into Knight.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:23 am

No, it's only getting as serious as the talk you hear on THAT DAMN SPORTS SHOW. PHOENIXZERO believes that when driving under stressful situations it's still okay to look at that smorgasbord of buttons that KI2T had decked all over him. If KI2T wasn't online, and I'm just saying this because for the fact of the TV show, Micheal is going to bang his head against that windshield real hard after a turbo boost. But let's just say something just comes in the path and is so sudden and short distance that Micheal is going to panic. Now I'm going to get verbal...that's a first response for anyone (think of an OH *?$# moment you've had in your life). Imagine, PHOENIXZERO, though a trained pilot on KITT's controls, you're going to maneuver your hand off that wheel to the button to press it. Wait a second......what the hell did MKS do before pressing that damn button anyway??? Oh yeah, he yelled out "turbo boost!!"

I feel like a nerd gladiator now..I really do :mrgreen:

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:28 am

Sty Knight wrote:Speculating that KI2T could be driven without the CPU being on is just that. There is no proof since it never happened.

We're well beyond the topic of this post. The sideways boost was out there, original and very surprising to see even with the previews. I enjoyed it and find myself wanting to re-watch it. Knight Rider is quickly turning into the show with the largest fun factor on TV, IMO.
I'm not trying to add to any arguments, or anything, but in KOTP, KI2T is driven with his CPU off. When Michael and Devon first take KI2T out for a drive, and Devon tells Michael that he can't get in a collision with the car, Michael does almost get in a collision. He calls Devon on it, and Devon says that the system has to be turned on.

Just my two cents. I wonder how many people are going to go grab KOTP and rewatch to see. :mrgreen:

Back to the topic at hand. I still LOVE that sideways turbo boost. Might not have been logical and defied all of the laws of everything in the universe, but it sure was FUN!
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:45 am

Rainack wrote: I wonder how many people are going to go grab KOTP and rewatch to see. :mrgreen:
Not me I've seen it a gazillion times, always amused me just how many button presses Devon has to do to switch the system on :)
Rainack wrote: Back to the topic at hand. I still LOVE that sideways turbo boost. Might not have been logical and defied all of the laws of everything in the universe, but it sure was FUN!
Logic in Knight Rider? lol, the boost was ridiculas but so much fun you cant not love it!

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:18 pm

weeezl wrote:
Rainack wrote: I wonder how many people are going to go grab KOTP and rewatch to see. :mrgreen:
Not me I've seen it a gazillion times, always amused me just how many button presses Devon has to do to switch the system on :)
Rainack wrote: Back to the topic at hand. I still LOVE that sideways turbo boost. Might not have been logical and defied all of the laws of everything in the universe, but it sure was FUN!
Logic in Knight Rider? lol, the boost was ridiculas but so much fun you cant not love it!
My point, exactly!
:spmgo:
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:10 am

TurboMathKid94 wrote: Hey guys... while my brother and I were rewatching the turbo boost
to hear who it was that was really screaming, I noticed something.
I am kind of surprised no one else caught this.

Do you notice it? Here is an HD snapshot of KITT mid-boost...

The bottom plate is gone! Is it something that is only there during
attack mode perhaps? It is nice seeing the normal undercarriage
of the car instead of that
Funny you should say that. I said the exact same thing last Thursday.

Complete with a 16:9 screengrab too . . .

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:17 am

DJGM wrote:
TurboMathKid94 wrote: Hey guys... while my brother and I were rewatching the turbo boost

It marks the first time we see the underbelly of KI3T in normal mode in the series. I guess we all know now that only in Attack Mode will the underbelly be shielded with the huge KR logo stamped. But in normal mode, no need for all that shielding.. So its quite understandable.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:17 am

DJGM wrote:

It marks the first time we see the underbelly of KI3T in normal mode in the series. I guess we all know now that only in Attack Mode will the underbelly be shielded with the huge KR logo stamped. But in normal mode, no need for all that shielding.. So its quite understandable.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:57 am

Nah, we've seen the underside before this and it did have the shielding. One episode that comes to mind would be A Hard Day's Knight and I'm sure we've seen it other times as well. I wonder what happened to it...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:02 am

It was a fun thing to watch. this is the fun in KR. you see something totaly not expected. Image :kitt:

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:03 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Nah, we've seen the underside before this and it did have the shielding. One episode that comes to mind would be A Hard Day's Knight and I'm sure we've seen it other times as well. I wonder what happened to it...
Yeah we've seen it in the Kitt cave as the car's been spinning.

Mind you the cover was probably on that car so you couldn't see that it has no engine in it. :lol:

My guess is it's either a mistake by the CGI team, or they've changed vehicles for some reason.

I actually like the idea of having a protective plate under Kitt. It's make sense for when he parks over a bomb.
But then I guess if the whole car is Nanofied any damage to the underbelly would just be self-healed anyway.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:41 am

I can't screencap it, but at 1:45 in the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB30DkayDjM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You can see that KITT fires the thrusters on the right side as he's landing.
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:25 am

Guys, there was a thread in here from quite a while back where people were complaining about the kickplate. There's a post (and I believe it was from one of the Masterkey folks, but I'd have to go look it up) stating that we'd see the underside of the car without the kickplate in a future episode. This one is probably it - as such, I think that the change might have been due to fan demand (as the comment was made before the winter hiatus).

I'm going to see if I can do a search to find the post so I can cite my source.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:36 am

It wasn't the plate people were complaining about, it was the big cheesy "KR" on it. I don't recall anyone complaining about the plate itself.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:38 am

i complained about the plate itself, too! though the cheesy KR didn't help it!

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:01 am

Its supposedly the logo and acronym for Knight Research. In terms of product placement, it cld also be referring to the car itself which is the GT500"KR"... KR as in King of the Road....

Sty Knight
Recruit

Post by Sty Knight » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:35 am

In the KARR episode, all Knight Research equipment was taken away including KITT. I'm assuming that since the government shut down Knight Research, they took the "logo" off KITT's underbelly as well. We have not seen a single Knight Research logo in the SSC or anywhere since that show. I'm guessing that since Knight Research is a thing of the past, so is the "logo underbelly" of KITT.
Save Knight Rider Petition Signed #5610

Deric
Volunteer

Post by Deric » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:28 pm

You can also see that the underbelly looks like that of a V6 car (single exhaust).

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:19 pm

Deric wrote:You can also see that the underbelly looks like that of a V6 car (single exhaust).
Yeah, and comparing it with the underbelly of my 1/18 GT500KR, it looks kinda different.

kurlymann
Stranger

Post by kurlymann » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:16 am

I figured also that it was a part of the retooling of the series. i haven't posted in a while but I kinda like how the show is starting to take on a more series approach to the storylines and KITT is beginning to show more personality. It seems as if they are wanting to mirror the old show in some ways. also i don't remember but has the tag on KITT always been "KNIGHT" like the original or is that new? I thought that it read only "KR" previously.

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:05 am

imranbecks wrote:
Deric wrote:You can also see that the underbelly looks like that of a V6 car (single exhaust).
Yeah, and comparing it with the underbelly of my 1/18 GT500KR, it looks kinda different.
Well, it's a lot bigger for a start...

:wink:

Honeykitt
Rookie

Post by Honeykitt » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:33 pm

To put it simply:

It was an awesome TB and a very nice and thrilling surprise. :D

gromia77
Rookie

Post by gromia77 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:32 pm

kurlymann wrote:I figured also that it was a part of the retooling of the series. i haven't posted in a while but I kinda like how the show is starting to take on a more series approach to the storylines and KITT is beginning to show more personality. It seems as if they are wanting to mirror the old show in some ways. also i don't remember but has the tag on KITT always been "KNIGHT" like the original or is that new? I thought that it read only "KR" previously.
"KR" or "77KR117". Kitt still has the latter most of the time. The first appearance of the "KNIGHT" plate was at the end of "Fly By Knight" and Kitt also had the plate at the beginning of "Knight and the City" when they were leaving the SSC. It seems "KNIGHT" replaced "KR" :D
Zoe: Burn rubber Kitt!
Kitt: Burning rubber.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:52 pm

Actually the first appearance of the "KNIGHT" plate was way back in episode six, Knight of the Living Dead, you see it in the scene where the restraints on KITT snap and he starts rolling forward. I'd hazard a guess that the "KNIGHT" plate isn't legal so they have to use the other one while out and driving. Either that or there's a storyline reasoning in that KITT changes his plate to remain a little less detectable as shown in some episodes like episode 12... Even if at times it doesn't make much sense to do so. :P

gromia77
Rookie

Post by gromia77 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:21 pm

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that appearance of the plate. And to think "Living Dead" is among my favorite episodes :roll:
Zoe: Burn rubber Kitt!
Kitt: Burning rubber.