Live Discussion - Knight and the City

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FordFilly82
Operative

Re: Live Discussion - Knight and the City

Post by FordFilly82 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:11 am

I LOVED this episode! Even My husband loved it! This was very much "old school" while being updated a tad. My husband and I both did a WHAT!? and had to re-watch when KITT TB'd.
"KITT, you scream like a girl." ROTFLMAO!!! Best line period this season!
The ep was humorous, I did love how Traceur was begrudgingly pulled away from the hottie of the week, lol. And Kitt's reactions to the two thugs was wonderful.

But my first WTH? moment was when I saw that Zachary TY Bryan was listed. WOW! I hadn't seen him since my girlhood crush days when he was on "Home Improvment"( Not him, the middle son, Randy :P lol). And the "baddie" to boot!? awesome! LOL

On another note: I'm beginning to think the "hard core" fans are being...well..HARD on KR and are in fact the ones wanting it to fail.
There has never been *any* ...oh what is that word that's going around....Oh i remember "Tangible"...Tangible-ness to KR.
And while I admit I am fairly new to the fandom, I am really getting tired of all the minuscule nitpicking going about how the technology isn't right, or they don't like Billy & Zoe, or Sarah/Mike triangle is getting old..Ok i get that one...BUT, these people are sounding like they want a carbon copy, clone of TOS.
If you're that longing for TOS, go to tvondvd.com and buy the series.
This is Knight Rider for 2008, not Knight Rider for 1988.
And one more "gripe"; While I did kinda cringe when Mike used SOB on screen how many of us did the SAME thing back in 1991 when high and mighty, clean mouthed, KITT said the now immortal phrase: Nothing worse than a smartass automobile?

So no offense intended but stuff your "They can't cuss on TV " theology. It was beginning waaaay back in the 90's.
Ok...I'm done! LOL

All in all, I hope NBC does something to promote KR and I hope that they decide to bring it back in the fall. See some of you in two weeks! :kittspin:
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Sue » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:15 am

Okay I finally got around to watching it a second time. The writing in this episode was top notch. I love all the banter in the beginning, especially KITT reminding Mike that WE are going.
The two thieves trying to break into KITT was very TOS. I even liked this one more than TOS, these thieves were a tad less slapstick. But even more TOS.. did any one notice... Mike was going to have a day off and got dragged into work. That was soooo TOS im sooo happy. :mrgreen:
And the sideways turbo boost was cool too. :D

Oh and I love EMMA FordFilly :good:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:18 am

Sue wrote:Okay I finally got around to watching it a second time. The writing in this episode was top notch. I love all the banter in the beginning, especially KITT reminding Mike that WE are going.
The two thieves trying to break into KITT was very TOS. I even liked this one more than TOS, these thieves were a tad less slapstick. But even more TOS.. did any one notice... Mike was going to have a day off and got dragged into work. That was soooo TOS im sooo happy. :mrgreen:

Yeah I have to admit the Sdieways TB was top notch! Never saw TOS Kitt do that! LOL

And thanks Sue! You helped! LOL
(Like my own little Sarah :P LOL)
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.

Petition #2507

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:40 am

FordFilly82 wrote:
On another note: I'm beginning to think the "hard core" fans are being...well..HARD on KR and are in fact the ones wanting it to fail.
There has never been *any* ...oh what is that word that's going around....Oh i remember "Tangible"...Tangible-ness to KR.
And while I admit I am fairly new to the fandom, I am really getting tired of all the minuscule nitpicking going about how the technology isn't right, or they don't like Billy & Zoe, or Sarah/Mike triangle is getting old..Ok i get that one...BUT, these people are sounding like they want a carbon copy, clone of TOS.
If you're that longing for TOS, go to tvondvd.com and buy the series.
This is Knight Rider for 2008, not Knight Rider for 1988.
And one more "gripe"; While I did kinda cringe when Mike used SOB on screen how many of us did the SAME thing back in 1991 when high and mighty, clean mouthed, KITT said the now immortal phrase: Nothing worse than a smartass automobile?

So no offense intended but stuff your "They can't cuss on TV " theology. It was beginning waaaay back in the 90's.
Ok...I'm done! LOL

All in all, I hope NBC does something to promote KR and I hope that they decide to bring it back in the fall. See some of you in two weeks! :kittspin:
Well put :good:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:46 am

Sue wrote:Okay I finally got around to watching it a second time. The writing in this episode was top notch. I love all the banter in the beginning, especially KITT reminding Mike that WE are going.

I'll second that, maybe not quite as much as last weeks but I loved it! :good:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:02 am

"There has never been *any* ...oh what is that word that's going around....Oh i remember "Tangible"...Tangible-ness to KR. "

If people have the nerve to say that Knight Rider was never tangible, allow me to define what "tangible" means

1 a: capable of being perceived especially by the sense of touch : palpable b: substantially real : material
2: capable of being precisely identified or realized by the mind <her grief was tangible>
3: capable of being appraised at an actual or approximate value <tangible assets>

The dash inside the ORIGINAL KITT was tangible, it was real...you could touch it, and Michael touched it. You could see it, you could watch it outside of the television screen. You could experience it in a replica or even an official show car. Turbo boost was fictional but it was believable, that made it tangible (second defination) because you believed a car could jump just like people believed a man could fly in Superman.

Again the probable impossibility.

You cannot believe in nano-technology being tangible (by touch) because it doesn't exist in the way its being used in the series. You can't touch it and you can't see it outside of a television screen. Sure you could say scientists can estimate and theorize what nanotechnology can and cannot do but for all its tangibile nature of real existing nanotechnologies, what is on the show is far from believable to the mind ( defination 2) because logically it makes no sense that these pieces just appear out of thin air and far from tangible. Because it's a CG effect, good luck trying to make it work in the real world --- that makes it intangible.

You can't touch a HUD inside a Mustang or a replica because it doesn't exist. Believability is what you choose to believe in but tangibility (defination 1) is what you can touch, see, or feel. Tangibility as it applies to beliving in what is and is not possible to your mind's eye is up to your perception of what you think works and doesn't work and in my eye, it doesn't work and is therefore not as believable or tangible as the original series approach.

To sit there and state that the original series of Knight Rider wasn't tangible, that's just what's that word again? Oh yeah I remember now...clueless.

You're confusing tangible with beliveability and for the record I have never said "microlock" or "microjam" was wholely belivable. I will say this much, I have to suspend disbelief a lot less with the original series than the new one which is practically every episode that airs. For others apparently not so much.

As for this statement

"BUT, these people are sounding like they want a carbon copy, clone of TOS. If you're that longing for TOS, go to tvondvd.com and buy the series. This is Knight Rider for 2008, not Knight Rider for 1988."

Knight Rider ended in 86. Don't go this route with your line of thought it will only spawn negativity that won't help your points.

=VK=
:dash:

Honeykitt
Rookie

Post by Honeykitt » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:23 am

WOW....Just WOW :shock:

All of Victor's negativety just seems so.....wrong :(

I enjoy this Knight Rider just like I enjoyed the first one: Watching it, getting lost in it, not worrying about the booboo's and just enjoying it.

I don't understand how people can nicpick so bad :?

Meh :(

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:30 am

I responded to a negative statement made by someone else with a sensible explaination as to why their response was inaccurate. That's not negativity, that's clarification.

You know what? I'm done. I'm done explaining myself, I'm done trying to explain things to others with an unbaised mind, and I'm most certainly done with defending myself or my beliefs. You want to know my thoughts about any further new series subjects, send me a PM. Feel free to trash TOS or glorify the new one for all its strengths and weaknesses, frankly I don't care at this point. The floors all yours. If anyone wants to take up the mantle of defending respect for TOS, I wish you the best of luck.

I've left the building.

=VK=

epc1122
Rookie

Post by epc1122 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:49 am

i really think that those who had problems with this episode are being a bit nitpicky. im not going to name who those people are, because it really does not matter. this episode to me, seemed like classic knight rider. the theme was "you can go back home", and i believe this was a nod to the fans. the people behind this new knight rider know the problems the fans had with it and i think it was their way of, "we're trying to get back to the heart of knight rider". you had mike pulled into a mission, not having the time to take a break and having good old humor with kitt. amongst other things that were throwback to the original series.

i do have a feeling in two weeks it will be a series finale, which completely stinks, but i think the last episode will be the one where this crew gives the fans what they've wanted and end it on a high note. its a shame that they dont get the ten oclock time period on thursdays next year. with er leaving this year, i think with good promoting, kr could pull in alot better numbers with little to none competition, as we speak.

i feel bad that those who have a love for tos cant quite enjoy this incarnation of knight rider. im not saying how this show is better than nothing, becasue i really do enjoy it, and im not saying that this show needs ALOT more improvement. but i do like how they've retooled the series. the only thing that i wish this show did more of, was acknowledge the original series more. i think the backdoor pilot set this up as a continuation far better than what we have gotten. but the show has improved so much since the beginning, and i think im one of the few who actually enjoyed the beginning episodes. i think without explaining it, they have done a good job for not using attack mode. without the fbi for help, kitt needs to be even more incognito, so he has to stay in his normal mode more. thats how i look at it anyways.

again, for those who find fault with this episode or series, that is there perogative, and i have no problems with you disliking it, but i just dont think its fair to compare this series to tos. thats like basing batman begins to batman 89. both want to be valued and appreciated for different things. i know some of you are going to say how this knight rider is supposed to be a continuation of tos, but the creators wanted to do a superman returns, where they pick and choose what fits in the mythology. but to be honest, i think they really arent using tos as their mythology. they just want to give nods to the fans now. like in the beginning when they had mike and zoe pose as devon and bonnie, that was gary scott thompsons idea of giving a nod to the fans without actually giving us an idea of their whereabouts since the original series ended.

sorry for the long post lol. just wnated to get some of these ideas off my chest before going to bed.

manlai
Rookie

Post by manlai » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:32 am

Was this the perfect episode? I didn't think so... I agree that there were a few uneven moments like some others mentioned. The scream was uncalled for but I thought a somewhat elevated "Michaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeellllll!!!!" would have been appropriate like the old days. The one thing I have to take issue with is all the comments about the little CG things like the minigun slots or the CO2 or the TB ports. They are sounding increasingly like those hated Trekkies who absolutely beat tech manuals to death. Who cares? They're always over within 2 seconds and they don't matter. I can understand the divide over transforms, because they're pretty central. But when it comes to the little things, let it go! Knitpicking to the point of exhaustion is what I'm seeing. Sit back and enjoy the show.

Turning to the episode itself, I thought it was quite good and the pacing and feel continue to improve. I really liked that quote I read about those "small" stories and making karma points. It's always been my draw to the KR-verse and I'm glad to see that they are beginning to realize that as well. I saw some good pruning back of excessive dialogue and the action more or less moved along nicely. I didn't have a problem with them escaping the SUVs. They didn't want a big shootout in public and they really didn't have the means (or credentials) to detain and arrest a half dozen cars' worth of shooters - so they made an escape.

All in all, it just "felt" right. From the closing scene drive-away to the banter, I thought everything was almost as it should be. There's still room for improvement, but this might've been my favorite episode yet.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:37 am

Victor Kros wrote:You know what? I'm done. I'm done explaining myself, I'm done trying to explain things to others with an unbaised mind, and I'm most certainly done with defending myself or my beliefs. You want to know my thoughts about any further new series subjects, send me a PM. Feel free to trash TOS or glorify the new one for all its strengths and weaknesses, frankly I don't care at this point. The floors all yours. If anyone wants to take up the mantle of defending respect for TOS, I wish you the best of luck.
Oh my God. Can anyone say DRAMA QUEEN!!

Does anyone know why this episode was so obviously played out of order?

I mean moving the couch in, the explanations of who runs what, the comment about Torres dieing, this episode was blatantly suppose to be the first "reboot" episode, why was it changed?
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:55 am

Rockatteer wrote:Does anyone know why this episode was so obviously played out of order?

I mean moving the couch in, the explanations of who runs what, the comment about Torres dieing, this episode was blatantly suppose to be the first "reboot" episode, why was it changed?
I don't know if that was ever completely addressed.
They probably did that so the ep where FLAG is established serves as the season and/or series finale, as one last "homage" to TOS. Which is said to think of, OR they could have realized a mistake with the timeline of that story arch and tried to fix it. But then again, I'm just throwing out ideas...

Petition #2507

davidknightrider
Rookie

Post by davidknightrider » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:43 am

this episode was awesome!
some great stuff,
the humour was good too,
best bit has to be mike when he leaves that crashed car gallery, and does a bit of a sing back to the guy who is singing some weird sounds, hilarious!

plus, the two thugs trying to break into kitt was a great throwback to the original series.

All in all, this show is getting better and better.

There simply HAS to be a second season. I have no doubt that they are onto something really special here with this series, if we get a second series.

There is so much scope.

KITT with all the gadgets in this episode was awesome!
I don't know how people can criticise this show now! They have changed a great deal since the retooling.

The whole vibe just seems much better and exciting.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:25 am

Where's Mike and Neil? Someone needs to step in before things get really ugly. There's no point in trying to tell people that everyone has their own opinion becuase they're just going to continue debating like there's no tomorrow. All I can say is I have a POV and you have one, get over it!

Having that said, here's what I think about the episode:

It was an okay episode, at a scale from 1 - 5 I would give it 3. Lots of ideas from TOS which is good and the fact that Mike took a chair and slammed it into the villian's (whom I can't seem to remember the name of) chest was great to see. Still they have a long way to go before I can give them a perfect score. Now that Charles and the rest of the crew are gone they have to be careful with the silly attitude Zoe and Nick are starting to fall into... again. Also, every single aspect of what they're doing seems to involve CGI. Kitt needs to scan, CGI, Kitt needs to turbo boost, CGI, Kitt needs to transform, CGI, Kitt needs to put out a fire, CGI, Video conversation with the SSC, CGI, well you know where this is going. Not that any of this is new to me but they have to let go of the CGI a bit. In the long run this will get very frustruating, speaking on behalf of people that agrees with what I think that is.

I think I'll stop here but please let me remind you that this is just what I think. No need to start a war because of my POV, thank you.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:29 am

Knight-Armen wrote: No, he was not! He was a government vehicle! You obviously haven't seen the original Knight Rider at all. Well, since you haven't let me tell you that Michael used to tell Kitt how they always should keep a low profile and whenever Kitt said or did something (such as talk or turbo boost) when he was at a risk of being comprimised Michael used to say - Kitt, I guess our cover has been blown. Introduce yourself. etc. etc. or something similar like that. You can't ask people on the street in advance to close their ears or cover their eyes when some government project makes an appearence.
If Kitt is supposed to decide for himself what the correct choice of action would be they wouldn't need Mike to drive him, now would they? I think you're the one who needs a reality check here...
F.L.A.G. had no association with the US government and the Knight 2000 was not a government vehicle you never saw the original series. Michael would say I am not a cop and I work for a "nonprofit organization" called the foundation for law and government.

“Knight Rider: A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in the world of criminals, who operate above the law.”

In the title sequence where does he works for the government
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:47 am

This episode was far better than last weeks. I love how K.I.T.T. was screaming while he turbo boosted side ways on to the bridge. Plus the two car thieves tried to steal K.I.T.T. and failing miserably. that was a salute to Knight Rider 1982. The crooked, spoiled, rich kid trying to scare the girl off her land so he can profit from it. blowing away car thieves trying to steal your talking car with methane gas, Priceless. for everything else there is MasterCard.
Save the Clocktower!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:49 am

A lot of the problems from the past few weeks seem to still be continuing here. If the majority of people enjoy the episodes and a few don't, they're written off and dismissed as being negative, drama queens, or sourpusses. Yes, I've complained about nitpicks, too. So what? If something bothers me about an episode you can bet I will point it out. Same goes for things I like. Another part of the problem here is that people are so desperate to love this show they seem to have already made up their minds before they even see the latest episode! For everyone's sake, this nonsense needs to stop and people's opinions (on both sides of the fence) should be respected more. No one is going to overwrite anyone else's opinion here no matter how many people agree or disagree. Live and let live.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:01 am

Lost Knight wrote:A lot of the problems from the past few weeks seem to still be continuing here. If the majority of people enjoy the episodes and a few don't, they're written off and dismissed as being negative, drama queens, or sourpusses. Yes, I've complained about nitpicks, too. So what? If something bothers me about an episode you can bet I will point it out. Same goes for things I like. Another part of the problem here is that people are so desperate to love this show they seem to have already made up their minds before they even see the latest episode! For everyone's sake, this nonsense needs to stop and people's opinions (on both sides of the fence) should be respected more. No one is going to overwrite anyone else's opinion here no matter how many people agree or disagree. Live and let live.
I had a few problems with the episode.But that never means i want to wage WAR.The TOS wasn't perfect and neither is this one.We discuss about our POVs and hope the errors get fixed ASAP.Just put an end to all HATE and please for God's sake don't take this sci-fi esque escapist entertainment a matter of life and death.KR will not leads us to heaven or hell our actions will.I mean not to be a religious scholar in here but i just said this because i felt the need to.Respect each others opinions and don't try to point each other or lay fingers on one another just for the sake of a tv show.Peace everyone.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:11 am

Lost Knight wrote:A lot of the problems from the past few weeks seem to still be continuing here. If the majority of people enjoy the episodes and a few don't, they're written off and dismissed as being negative, drama queens, or sourpusses. Yes, I've complained about nitpicks, too. So what? If something bothers me about an episode you can bet I will point it out. Same goes for things I like. Another part of the problem here is that people are so desperate to love this show they seem to have already made up their minds before they even see the latest episode! For everyone's sake, this nonsense needs to stop and people's opinions (on both sides of the fence) should be respected more. No one is going to overwrite anyone else's opinion here no matter how many people agree or disagree. Live and let live.
Some of the criticism is outlandish b/c its based on an idealized and wrong interpretation of TOS. For instance, VK mentioned that in TOS KITT wouldn't have to be told to rescue Michael and then used this as a basis to attack KR08's depiction of Mike telling KITT to come help him. Its patently false. In TOS Michael was constantly yelling "KITT I need you buddy!" signaling KITT to come and help him or pick him up. It wasn't an isolated incident either, this was a common occurrence in numerous episodes.

Its one thing to criticize KR08, I do it all the time. But its unfair to wrongly idealize TOS and then use this wrong interpretation to launch into a massive diatribe against KR08. All things considered TOS was better than KR08, but TOS had plenty of flaws and was very far from the perfect interpretation that some make it out to be.

BennyCruz
Volunteer

Post by BennyCruz » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:24 pm

I don't like to get into conflicts like this, but I think that I have to say something here. I am a huge fan of the TOS. As a matter of fact, there is a digital station that I get (free and over the air- pm me if interested) that shows TOS from 7 to 8 pm, so I have the rare opportunity to watch TOS and KR08 back to back- it's hella sweet. Any way, when I was a kid TOS was incredibly awesome.

Now I watch it as a grown up I still love it, but you know what, it's not as awesome as it was when I was little. KR08 is awesome IMO and it's just as flawed as the original was, and in similar ways when it comes to the story. There are plot holes, the special effects can be a little dodgy sometimes, and the acting isn't the most amazing either, but that's not what KR is about. It's escapism, check your brain at the door and enjoy the show. I'm not a cynical person, but I believe that because of the lack of advertising and it's crappy time slot (next to Lost and American Idol- really?) this shows going to be canceled or moved to Sci-Fi, so I'm just trying to enjoy the ride while it lasts.

The complaints that I've read: KITT has guns, Micheal is called Mike, there was T&A, and attack mode is ugly, KITT transforms etc the list goes on. Really these things seem like complaints to make KR08 the same as TOS.
Basically, what I'm trying to say is KR08 is not TOS, it has a lot of great callbacks to the original, and I think that's great. I hope that people can just relax and enjoy this. Be Zen.

As for Knight and the City, it gets two thumbs up from me, very classic, reminded a lot of what I enjoyed in TOS. The thugs, KITT asking for advice, the hot chick from Mike's past all of it was sweet.

MURDOCK
Rookie

Post by MURDOCK » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:17 pm

I Liked.......
The Knight Licence Plate!
Crashing through the door!
The ending the drive off.

Didnt enjoy the turbo boost.
The cgi jumping just dosent cut it,
Apart from that its shaping up nice. :kitt2:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:43 pm

F.L.A.G. had no association with the US government and the Knight 2000 was not a government vehicle you never saw the original series. Michael would say I am not a cop and I work for a "nonprofit organization" called the foundation for law and government.

“Knight Rider: A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in the world of criminals, who operate above the law.”

First of all stop saying I never saw the series. You don't know me and you certainly don't know what I have or haven't seen. You just put words in my mouth just like you put artificial facts in your head. Stop being such a pain.

Second of all, where did you read about the US government? I said government, as in the foundation for law and government. Did I say they include "government" in the title sequence? No I didn't but does that mean they're not a government orgainzation? Of course not!

Here's my advice on what you should do: Buy all four seasons of TOS and watch them before you debate with me again. (That one was for free)
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:42 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:
Some of the criticism is outlandish b/c its based on an idealized and wrong interpretation of TOS. For instance, VK mentioned that in TOS KITT wouldn't have to be told to rescue Michael and then used this as a basis to attack KR08's depiction of Mike telling KITT to come help him. Its patently false. In TOS Michael was constantly yelling "KITT I need you buddy!" signaling KITT to come and help him or pick him up. It wasn't an isolated incident either, this was a common occurrence in numerous episodes.

Its one thing to criticize KR08, I do it all the time. But its unfair to wrongly idealize TOS and then use this wrong interpretation to launch into a massive diatribe against KR08. All things considered TOS was better than KR08, but TOS had plenty of flaws and was very far from the perfect interpretation that some make it out to be.
- Marcus you seem to think you have it all worked out, but you are wrong and rather than list a fleet of examples, i'll just give you a few to defuse your "patently false" comment.

In Scent of Roses Michael is shot -- K.I.T.T. races to the rescue WITHOUT BEING TOLD TO DO SO to shield him from gunfire.

In Knight Behind Bars, during the nightime escape K.I.T.T. races up to protect Michael from gunfire WITHOUT BEING TOLD TO DO SO - Michael even says "Thanks buddy."

There is another episode (which I can't recall at the moment) where K.I.T.T. drives over an unconsicious Michael to shield him from surrounding fire. It's either Season Three or Season Four. - I know this because I had to edit both episodes and extract action scenes.

These examples prove K.I.T.T. operated with independent thought -- without being told to do so.

If you don't believe me, I invite you to drag out your dvd collection and check for yourself.

In the future do not presume to lecture me on TOS of Knight Rider, I wrote a book about TOS and I have more than done my research. The next time you seek to address my comments as "patently false" come better prepared and choose your words more carefully.

This is a subject in which you are not as informed as you believe you are.

=VK=

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:52 pm

Victor Kros wrote:
Mr.Marcus wrote:

- Marcus you seem to think you have it all worked out, but you are wrong and rather than list a fleet of examples, i'll just give you a few to defuse your "patently false" comment.

In Scent of Roses Michael is shot -- K.I.T.T. races to the rescue WITHOUT BEING TOLD TO DO SO to shield him from gunfire.

In Knight Behind Bars, during the nightime escape K.I.T.T. races up to protect Michael from gunfire WITHOUT BEING TOLD TO DO SO - Michael even says "Thanks buddy."

There is another episode (which I can't recall at the moment) where K.I.T.T. drives over an unconsicious Michael to shield him from surrounding fire. It's either Season Three or Season Four. - I know this because I had to edit both episodes and extract action scenes.

These examples prove K.I.T.T. operated with independent thought -- without being told to do so.

If you don't believe me, I invite you to drag out your dvd collection and check for yourself.

In the future do not presume to lecture me on TOS of Knight Rider, I wrote a book about TOS and I have more than done my research. The next time you seek to address my comments as "patently false" come better prepared and choose your words more carefully.

This is a subject in which you are not as informed as you believe you are.

=VK=
And there are far more examples in TOS where KITT is told to come rescue Michael which is completely in line with what was shown on KR08 this week. Look, you were wrong to make the argument since you didn't acknowledge that situations where Michael ordered KITT to come and help him existed in TOS at a greater rate than what you claimed.

Its much more dignified to reply by saying you were wrong than by making claims that you wrote a book, edited episodes, etc. They are wonderful accomplishments but they have no correlation whatsoever to the fact that what was shown on KR08 this week also existed on TOS and are contrary to the claim you originally made which was patently false. I call a spade, a spade. I don't care if you're Larson himself. You were wrong dude.
Last edited by Mr.Marcus on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:53 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:
Yes, KITT is supposed to stand out. When someone saw KITT do some thing out of the ordinary or what a typical car could not do such as drive through walls, turboboost, talk, and drive himself. There facial expressions and reactions to what they saw was hilarious. That humor is what made the original knight rider great. You obviously never saw the original series or you would have known that. You are a political correct moonbat who obviously needs a reality check. KITT by this point should be able to decide for himself what the correct choice of action is.
No, he was not! He was a government vehicle! You obviously haven't seen the original Knight Rider at all. Well, since you haven't let me tell you that Michael used to tell Kitt how they always should keep a low profile and whenever Kitt said or did something (such as talk or turbo boost) when he was at a risk of being comprimised Michael used to say - Kitt, I guess our cover has been blown. Introduce yourself. etc. etc. or something similar like that. You can't ask people on the street in advance to close their ears or cover their eyes when some government project makes an appearence.
If Kitt is supposed to decide for himself what the correct choice of action would be they wouldn't need Mike to drive him, now would they? I think you're the one who needs a reality check here...
Knight-Armen wrote:

First of all stop saying I never saw the series. You don't know me and you certainly don't know what I have or haven't seen. You just put words in my mouth just like you put artificial facts in your head. Stop being such a pain.

Second of all, where did you read about the US government? I said government, as in the foundation for law and government. Did I say they include "government" in the title sequence? No I didn't but does that mean they're not a government orgainzation? Of course not!

Here's my advice on what you should do: Buy all four seasons of TOS and watch them before you debate with me again. (That one was for free)
No, you were implying that he was a government vehicle. Then, if not the United States then where the Soviet Union KGB

Yes, I have all four seasons of knight rider and he was not a government vehicle.
FLAG was freelance organization that was funded by the knight foundation

FLAG was a cross between the ACLU and Nader’s Raider’s, an "private organization" that champions the causes of any group or worthy individual. – knight rider companion by Nick Nugent

Is the ACLU a government organization, even though it says America in it? No it is not, it is a private organization. If it were a government run organization then it would be funded primary by the government and regulated by them. did Michael ever read any one there Miranda rights no he always handed the bad guy over to the cops because he no authority to arrest them because he was freelance.
Save the Clocktower!