Live Discussion - Knight and the City

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

tgrandini
Stranger

Re: The music

Post by tgrandini » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:06 am

DeannaRussoishot wrote:does anyone by chance know who the band in the beginning was??
AWESOME BAND/SONG- I TOO, WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHO THEY WERE AS WELL!!!

...Or any ideas how to figure out who the band was!?

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Re: Live Discussion - Knight and the City

Post by Knight007 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:16 am

I didnt see the episod yet, because I got to downlod it first. but, man oh man you got me really in the mode to see it and enjoy Image :kitt:

tgrandini
Stranger

Post by tgrandini » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:43 am

Ok- I got it!
The band was "A Race Called Man" they are on myspace

: )

silverhandprint
Volunteer

Post by silverhandprint » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:55 am

What word did Mike use to describe the Dodge Coronet exhibited at the art gallery?

Was it "ornithiceral"? It almost sounded like "inorthiceral" though. Both of my guesses aren't words. Ornithiceral might be related to ornithics, which means characteristic of birds. Because the curator says the car will sing to you, I think my first guess could be right.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

silverhandprint
Volunteer

Post by silverhandprint » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:23 am

Never mind. I got it. He described the experience as "visceral".

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:31 am

Best.
Episode.
Ever.

Never expected I'd say that.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:32 am

any word about the ratings???? Image :kitt:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:49 am

We won't get any word until tomorrow, once all the people viewing are accounted for.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

knighttrider3k
Stranger

Post by knighttrider3k » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:24 am

I liked this week show billy and zoe are building something i think. Ki3t had the KNIGHT plate in the kitt cave.The two guys trying to steal ki3t was funny the big one has a show on speed channal called passtime (its pretty cool checkit out) .The sideways tubro boost was cool and ki3t screaming was so funny.Im sure micheal sr and ki2t could have done it if ki2t tubro boost genenerates from his exsuast but no one knows aqnd NBC needs to green light a second season :good: :kittspin:

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:49 am

This episode's Turbo Boost was coolest in whole new series. For me best ones was this episode's and when KITT with Mike Turbo Boosted into the Prison. All others (in second episode and in the Don't Stop the Knight) was very poor. Great episode!

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:49 am

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:We won't get any word until tomorrow, once all the people viewing are accounted for.
hope it will keep going up, so by the time we see the last episod, we can the highest numbers ever. Image :kitt:

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:00 am

I am the only one amongst the posters who didn't like the episode.The plot wasn't exciting looks like the writers are running out of ideas.Kitt's Turbo Boost looked weird because it was edited in a weird way.The CO2 pipes looked great but emerging from the head lights section wasn't appealing.Kitt screaming was aweful,please kitt is not some sissy bitch neither he is human....in order to show kitt's advancing A.I. will the writer's make kitt cry or laugh for that matter?no they shouldn't.again mike making out with a cute girl.not my cup of tea.this episode was very much like the first 9 episodes.the part when those 2 bad guys wanted to screw up with kitt why didn't kitt defend himself or kick there butt real bad?kitt is complaining mike that he was being harrassed,is kitt some sort of teenage girl?in this episode i didn't like they way kitt was behaving.i thought Fight Knight was weaker as compared to previous episodes (counting since episode 10) but this was really bad.i am sorry but that is my opinion.last week's episode was great.One more thing.Kitt barely even fired for 7 seconds and he wasted 8000 rounds?that is something i didn't buy.We barely saw 5 rounds hitting on that overpass wall.

Chazsza
Volunteer

Post by Chazsza » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:18 am

loved it loved it LOVED IT!
10/10!
Knight4life wrote:why didn't kitt defend himself
i think mike said not to or sumthing
was this supposed to be after karrs episode?
were they just moving the couch or putting it there for the first time?
Signer #1433

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:59 am

Knight4life wrote:this episode was very much like the first 9 episodes
Your opinion on the episode itself is very much respected and all, but I can't quite see where you're coming from with this statement. If you want old-school Knight Rider, that was pretty damn close; the closest the new show has got to, I dare say.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:32 am

NeoRanger wrote:
Your opinion on the episode itself is very much respected and all, but I can't quite see where you're coming from with this statement. If you want old-school Knight Rider, that was pretty damn close; the closest the new show has got to, I dare say.
I am totally with you NeoRanger, where did you get that from???? I think you have seen an old episod insted of yesterday's Image :kitt:

Wesmagyar
Stranger

Post by Wesmagyar » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:34 am

From what i can tell most of the people here who complain alot, probably didnt watch most of the original series. This episode is about the closest we have come to it.
It also appears to me that most of the naysayers are worse then Star Trek Geeks when it comes to nit picking. i MEAN COME ON, kick back watch the show without over analyzing it.... who knows ya might actually like it.
sure some of the stuff is corny but come on TOS was corny as all hell! but it was good and so is this show.
it will never be the original series no matter how hard you complain. It is what it is and for the last 8 episodes or so it has been pretty awesome (The KARR BS withstanding) i rate this EP a 10++ it was awesome.

-Wes-

necrophilissimo
Rookie

Post by necrophilissimo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:53 am

Wesmagyar wrote:i MEAN COME ON, kick back watch the show without over analyzing it.... who knows ya might actually like it.
sure some of the stuff is corny but come on TOS was corny as all hell! but it was good and so is this show.
Couldn't have said it better myself; TOS indeed wanders quite often to the territory of corny and goofy, but that light-hearted wibe mixed with cool action is exactly why I love it. KR has always been about being over-the-top and entertaining and KR2008 achieves that better and better episode-by-episode :good:
TAGAP: The Apocalyptic Game About Penguins - Join the penguin apocalypse!

kwsta20
Recruit

Post by kwsta20 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:02 am

this is the world of the knight rider!!!
Last edited by kwsta20 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

kwsta20
Recruit

Post by kwsta20 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:04 am

this episode gets a 10+++++++ very awesome!!! why??? because its an hour of just watching an almost non-reality but yes it can happen nonsense, that not only entertains us but makes us think and wonder of how cool it would be if we ourselves were somehow a michael knight and had a cool car like the k.i3.t. What if we were the knight rider????? Again thats what made the original series so good to us watching it as kids, and thats what makes the retool of knight rider even better, it brings the kid out in us that has now grown up!! All the retool episodes have been awesome and especialy this episode. for anyone that doesnt agree, all i can tell them is go watch your reality shows and blend into this idiotic world we have now gotten into as a society!! either that, all you were never fans or had our imagination to begin with!!! i just still dont understand on why they couldnt start the season in this way??????? did GST really think he's gonna get the mtv generation into knight rider???? idk.... from how i see things, the only thing you can get most of the youngsters into these days is baggy pants and sideway hats! im not hating, it was jsut really nice to see michael knight in a dress shirt in tonight episode! shows us that there still our shows out there with moralities and values wich families and people like us can enjoy!!! NBC we Beg of you. (and i know im speaking for millions of more people like me) please give us a second season!!!! you can make the difference!!!!

As for me, i will always live in the world of the knight rider!!!!!!!!!!!! :kitt:

kwsta20
Recruit

Post by kwsta20 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:04 am

this episode gets a 10+++++++ very awesome!!! why??? because its an hour of just watching an almost non-reality but yes it can happen nonsense, that not only entertains us but makes us think and wonder of how cool it would be if we ourselves were somehow a michael knight and had a cool car like the k.i3.t. What if we were the knight rider????? Again thats what made the original series so good to us watching it as kids, and thats what makes the retool of knight rider even better, it brings the kid out in us that has now grown up!! All the retool episodes have been awesome and especialy this episode. for anyone that doesnt agree, all i can tell them is go watch your reality shows and blend into this idiotic world we have now gotten into as a society!! either that, all you were never fans or had our imagination to begin with!!! i just still dont understand on why they couldnt start the season in this way??????? did GST really think he's gonna get the mtv generation into knight rider???? idk.... from how i see things, the only thing you can get most of the youngsters into these days is baggy pants and sideway hats! im not hating, it was jsut really nice to see michael knight in a dress shirt in tonight episode! shows us that there still our shows out there with moralities and values wich families and people like us can enjoy!!! NBC we Beg of you. (and i know im speaking for millions of more people like me) please give us a second season!!!! you can make the difference!!!!

As for me, i will always live in the world of the knight rider!!!!!!!!!!!! :kitt:

standgeo
Volunteer

Post by standgeo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:31 am

this is THE BEST EPISODE EVER!!!!Really awesome!!! I just can't describe it!! It has everything should have!!! There is nothing else to say about it!!! After that season two is something NBC must give us!!! The last eps after the reboot made me almost forget the first 10! it's like another show!! It's the real KNIGHT RIDER!!!! And this one!! Couldn't be better!!!
Good job KR!!!
Can anyone please tell us when will NBC take decision about the shows for next season?
Do we know anything about it?

Knight4life
Operative

Post by Knight4life » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:01 am

NeoRanger wrote:Your opinion on the episode itself is very much respected and all, but I can't quite see where you're coming from with this statement. If you want old-school Knight Rider, that was pretty damn close; the closest the new show has got to, I dare say.

NeoRanger of course the show has elevated it's quality since the reboot,but this episode lacked in my opinion.I never said i wanted a carbon copy of the original series.Just use a few elements of the original series but this series should stand out alone.It should be known and remembered the way as the new batman movie franchise is or BSG re-imagining for that matter.KI3T's behaviour was intolerable,screaming like a sissy teenage girl i mean c'mon he's a bad ass muscle car mustang.Also the plot wasn't all that exciting and great,billy and zoe were merely wasting time.Just go through my comments again and u'll realize what i mean.One more thing i am surprised when the law enforcement agency might have carried out the investigation about the accident didn't they notice the cut or the break in the break line as mike did? I am already very lenient with KR escapist theme but that doesn't exactly mean you like even the weak parts of the series.

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:04 am

Knight4life wrote:I am the only one amongst the posters who didn't like the episode.The plot wasn't exciting looks like the writers are running out of ideas.
It wasn't an original plot, but that was the point, The story was a direct riff on the basic plot elements of many original KR episodes which generally involved Michael and KITT visiting a place (town, old friend etc.), finding an old friend in trouble and then helping them out of it. Scenes such as the two guys trying to break into KITT were right out of the original series where KI2T had to deal with a few thieves in his time as well. Remember, this is a "post reboot" show, meaning they are trying to make it more like TOS and in that regard they succeeded.
Knight4life wrote:Kitt's Turbo Boost looked weird because it was edited in a weird way.
I loved the way it looked, but yes, something in my brain went "That's not normal." Then I reminded myself I was watching a show about a talking car with a bulletproof shell that can morph into a pickup truck. 8)
Knight4life wrote:Kitt screaming was aweful,please kitt is not some sissy bitch neither he is human....in order to show kitt's advancing A.I. will the writer's make kitt cry or laugh for that matter?no they shouldn't.
It was out of place in many ways, but if KITT is indeed becoming more human, expressing emotions can't always just be about him getting angry or snarky. And considering KITT often puts himself in direct harm's way, I doubt he can be called a "sissy". Someone screaming in surprise hardly makes them a coward.

If we were to look at this in a more "in universe" way, this is clearly not a maneuver that KITT was programmed to do on his own, and thus he probably doesn't have any programming covering what would happen if a "sideways boost" was attempted. His shock and surprise are well justified IMO.
Knight4life wrote:again mike making out with a cute girl.not my cup of tea.
Heroes get the girls - this has been a staple of American entertainment long before the original Knight Rider ever existed. I hardly see what's wrong with it. Mike's dad kissed a couple of ladies in his time too.
Knight4life wrote:this episode was very much like the first 9 episodes.
Actually it lacked almost every element that people complained about in the first 9 episodes including:
  • Unnecessary transformations.
  • Billy and Zoe serving no purpose other than to rib each other.
  • Sarah running out into the field to save/help Mike.
  • KITT not showing enough emotion.
  • Lack of turbo boost.
  • Bad FX for the scenes inside car cabins.
  • Unnecessary T&A (heck, the bartenders and club attendees were dressed downright conservative compared to bars I've been to).
  • Loads of time spent watching KITT launch out of the SCC while tons of techs mill about doing lord-knows-what.
Note: these aren't MY complaints, just things I saw repeated over and over in criticisms of the earlier episodes.
Knight4life wrote:the part when those 2 bad guys wanted to screw up with kitt why didn't kitt defend himself or kick there butt real bad?kitt is complaining mike that he was being harrassed,is kitt some sort of teenage girl?
Mike told KITT to "Be Zen", meaning not to take any action since they weren't really a threat. KITT was asking permission showing that his programming still defers to Mike in such decisions. If he were to take direct (even non-lethal) action it could draw attention to him, causing a disruption that could compromise Mike's investigation. Nothing here struck me as out of the ordinary.
Knight4life wrote:was great.One more thing.Kitt barely even fired for 7 seconds and he wasted 8000 rounds?that is something i didn't buy.We barely saw 5 rounds hitting on that overpass wall.
I'm with you on that one. The whole "running out of amo" thing seemed weird, especially in light of KITT's display of firepower last week.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:17 am

@ Knight4life: Goldbug's response concerning the comparison with the early episodes covered me. That's pretty much what I meant.

The gun thing is a good point though. It did seem a bit odd. I personally chose to humor the notion, by telling myself that going into vacation and all, they hadn't restocked on ammo. My brain stopped asking questions after that. Probably because we got city action... which is ten times better than any other kind of action.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:57 am

7/10. Not a greatly written or acted episode. But the turbo boost was awesome and KITT's personality is growing which are good things.