A post about giving KR a chance at a second season.

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

A post about giving KR a chance at a second season.

Post by jup » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:09 am

One thing led to another and I just happened to stumble across this plea to keep the current KR series going into season two. Enjoy.

http://www.roddenberry.com/communityblo ... tail?id=76" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: A post about giving KR a chance at a second season.

Post by whet » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:51 am

Wel thats good to read,

i couldn't agree more.
It hasn't had enough post reboot episodes to gove it a chance.

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:31 am

I agree with everything said there. The whole attitude towards this show is changing everywhere! I'll post later aboutthe recent reviews in SFX magazine! :)

Can someone forward this link to the right people at NBC??? Maybe we should collect all such articles and forward them en masse?
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:14 am

With a few more tweaks it should merit a renewal. It doesn't have the ratings NBC was looking for but the new format has a reduced cast, less extras, less stunts, less CG yet its better than what NBC put out last September. It has to be costing less to make right now which should make NBC see it as a positive thing. If they jettison GST and put Andron as the showrunner then move it outside of primetime to friday or saturday nights NBC should bring it back. Most new shows that show up on the friday/saturday night slot turn out to be bad and canceled quickly, why not throw in KR in one of those slots which already has a decent size audience.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:25 am

I agree with everything you say, Mr. Marcus, except moving KR to Friday or Saturday. You're thinking along the lines of TOS, aren't you? Those days are the absolute WORST days for this show to be set to, going with the trend of commercials, nobody is going to know or really care about Knight Rider. I recommend leaving it on Wednesday or another early day of the week.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:06 am

KnightINSTINCT wrote:I agree with everything you say, Mr. Marcus, except moving KR to Friday or Saturday. You're thinking along the lines of TOS, aren't you? Those days are the absolute WORST days for this show to be set to, going with the trend of commercials, nobody is going to know or really care about Knight Rider. I recommend leaving it on Wednesday or another early day of the week.
No I'm actually thinking for the long term health of this show. People don't want to accept that KR does not have the ratings needed to survive in primetime on one of the big 3 networks. KR and NBC is different than Smallville and CW. The later can survive with dismal numbers on a thursday night on CW, the former cannot. If you leave it competing against American Idol, Lost, or the other popular shows during the week then you can't blame NBC for pulling the plug on it and replacing it with a program that competes better.

They need to do what CBS does. They put Ghost Whisperer on Friday nights and it dominates its time slot going on 4 seasons now. If NBC does the same I think the following KR08 has will keep it strong on a friday or saturday night. Strong enough to get at least 3-4 seasons out of it. You guys want to have the cake and eat it too. You want KR but you also want it in a primetime slot. The numbers don't merit that. If people aren't tuning to watch in greater numbers after the reboot, they aren't going to magically tune in further down the line. KR08 already has its audience. Ratings rarely go up, but they consistently go down even for top watched shows. Keeping it in a primetime slot will assure its cancellation. Moving it to a friday/saturday slot will ensure another season if not more.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:58 am

Well Ghost Whisperer has something that Knight Rider doesnt have

JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT :-)
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:39 pm

That guys right, there hasn't been enough reboot episodes to win everyone over. If NBC commissioned another half season and kept up the current quality it would go to more seasons. I agree that there is a few bum episodes but KR's had a bum deal too.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:02 am

weeezl wrote:That guys right, there hasn't been enough reboot episodes to win everyone over. If NBC commissioned another half season and kept up the current quality it would go to more seasons. I agree that there is a few bum episodes but KR's had a bum deal too.
my thinking eaxctly. the question remains: will NBC hear us? Image :kitt:

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:40 am

Hooray to the writer of this article, he echoed my sentiments exactly.

Here's wishing for a second season of the NEW Knight Rider.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:05 pm

That's our good friend Dennis Rayburn, he is totally awesome! See these other threads.
viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=13746#p167200" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=1049&t=13620#p165551" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We need to get a move on and create a media event so Dennis will have something else to write about.

You can see how powerful this one article can be, so please write all your favorite websites and tell them of our campaign. http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... /campaign/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :good:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Sty Knight
Recruit

Post by Sty Knight » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:36 pm

Good to see the show getting support now that people have seen the retooled product. It's getting better reviews as the days go on. Sign the petition, do what you can to ensure a second season is a reality!
Save Knight Rider Petition Signed #5610