What the hell was going on in fly by Knight??

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

the original KITT
Operative

What the hell was going on in fly by Knight??

Post by the original KITT » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:46 pm

What was going on in this epiosode.

Look at the pics, pic 1 shows Michael driving with his hand on the top of the steering wheel.

Pic 2 then shows no hand on the steering wheel when Michael is suppose to be driving

Pic 3 then shows Michael is driving on the right hand side!?(or so it seems, or is it my eyes playing tricks on me?)

God whoever filmed/edited really screwed that up!

(I did notice it first time by the way, i didn't watch it 2 or 3 times then notice lol)
Hand on the wheel
Hand on the wheel
1.jpg (85.44 KiB) Viewed 6916 times
Hand no where to be seen!
Hand no where to be seen!
2.jpg (89.65 KiB) Viewed 6915 times
Driving on the right hand side?!
Driving on the right hand side?!
3.jpg (53.46 KiB) Viewed 6912 times
Michael:“KITT I NEED YAH!”
Kitt:“ON MY WAY MICHAEL!”

knightfever
Operative

Re: What the hell was going on in fly by Knight??

Post by knightfever » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:35 pm

I believe it's just a depth perception thing. I see where it looks like the driver is sitting in the right side of the car, but I think it's an illusion, and that the window is not as close as it appears in that pic.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:18 pm

Well if you want to explore anomolies in the new Knight Rider, let's talk about Michael's magical color changing shirt! In this episode just like in Fight Knight during his showdown with the crooked Sheriff, Michael's shirt magically changes from burgundy (or a very dark red) to black and back again in several scenes!

Is this some effect with the material of his clothing or just some weird kind of inconsistancy? I've noticed this far too many times to consider it just a random coincidence and I know it's not just a lighting issue.

I don't have screen caps of this but I'm sure someone else out there does.

=VK=
:dash:

Knight_Rider_1980
Volunteer

Post by Knight_Rider_1980 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:06 pm

Its most likely a lighting issue or something else.I seriously doubt that Justin would change shirts film a bit then change back.Or it could be a screw up due to the re editing involved do to NBC rearanging the episodes.

KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KITT » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:57 pm

i noticed that too, and it bothered me both times i watched the episode. (the steering wheel thing.)
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tiogaw
Volunteer

Post by Tiogaw » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:15 pm

This happens alot in TV shows and some movies (It's happened in Star Wars I believe). Some directors are more picky about it, while most let it go. It happens when they cut in the middle of a scene and resume the next shot were they left off. Or, it's possible that Justin just switched hands. I know the way most solve the first scenario, is to put multiple cameras on the target and roll them all at he same time, which I have seen them do on KR.

They just didn't do it this time. Maybe they were getting sick of doing re-takes. lol By the by, who directed this eppy?
Micheal: You are about as much fun as a divorce. Which isn't a bad idea!
KITT: I want custody of me!

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:09 am

Victor Kros wrote:Well if you want to explore anomolies in the new Knight Rider, let's talk about Michael's magical color changing shirt! In this episode just like in Fight Knight during his showdown with the crooked Sheriff, Michael's shirt magically changes from burgundy (or a very dark red) to black and back again in several scenes!

Is this some effect with the material of his clothing or just some weird kind of inconsistancy? I've noticed this far too many times to consider it just a random coincidence and I know it's not just a lighting issue.

I don't have screen caps of this but I'm sure someone else out there does.

=VK=
:dash:
This is fun!!! :lol: I will go back home and watch the episod. I think we should creat a thread for such things. Image :kitt:

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:01 am

:dash:[/quote]
This is fun!!! :lol: I will go back home and watch the episod. I think we should creat a thread for such things. Image :kitt:[/quote]

Lolll. Also another mistake in Fly by Knight is when KI3T takes control of that police officers car, but you can clearly see her driving (when KI3T makes the 4x4 go around a corner). What a stupid camera angle to pick, i would have chose the other side.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:06 am

the original KITT wrote::dash:
This is fun!!! :lol: I will go back home and watch the episod. I think we should creat a thread for such things. Image :kitt:[/quote]

Lolll. Also another mistake in Fly by Knight is when KI3T takes control of that police officers car, but you can clearly see her driving (when KI3T makes the 4x4 go around a corner). What a stupid camera angle to pick, i would have chose the other side.[/quote]
you do have an eye for such things :good: Image :kitt:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:32 am

the original KITT wrote::dash:

Lolll. Also another mistake in Fly by Knight is when KI3T takes control of that police officers car, but you can clearly see her driving (when KI3T makes the 4x4 go around a corner). What a stupid camera angle to pick, i would have chose the other side.[/quote]

TOS chose poor camera angles all the time. You could always see the blanket covering the driver behind the driver's seat nearly every time in seasons 1-3 when KITT drove himself.

Season 4 took better care of those angles and you were able to see less of that.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:25 am

Skav wrote:TOS chose poor camera angles all the time. You could always see the blanket covering the driver behind the driver's seat nearly every time in seasons 1-3 when KITT drove himself.

Season 4 took better care of those angles and you were able to see less of that.
But season 4 was the worst out of all of the series of Knight Rider (in my opinion) apart from some episodes which were EPIC.

I would have to disagree with that. The first season (half way through) was the worst in which you could see the driver etc. Half way through season 1, season 2, 3 and 4 was a considerable improvement. I don't think i ever saw the stunt driver after; it’ll watch some and see. lol

If i was in charge of TOS i would have always made a car with controls on the right and would have told the stunt driver to drive on the right hand side and not the left, as sometimes u could see his hands on the wheel. Also to get one of those things that would stop KI2T's seat from going forwards when he breaks (If Jack Gill is driving covered up in the seat and he breaks one of the seats that’s empty will go forwards. May give an indication that someone is sitting there, ruining the idea that KI3T can actually drive himself) :D

The new series could do this to cut costs (instead of making it a radio controlled car) and also to stop making the windows black when KI3T's driving! (just an idea)

Stop using green screen - KEEP IT REAL!