Knight To King's Pawn and the Pilot

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight To King's Pawn and the Pilot

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:44 am

i was thinking about something last night, not sure if it's been discussed elsewhere and if so point me to it, but doesnt Knight To King's Pawn clearify the reasons why KI3T was programmed to go to Mike in the pilot, as he was the one who drove KARR?
Graiman's the one who programmed KI3T, and he knew that Mike had been the driver of KARR, if not even the one who was with Mike when he was driving it. So it kind of makes sense for Charles to program KI3T if anything happened.
Or am I completely wrong about this?
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Lexicon
Operative

Re: Knight To King's Pawn and the Pilot

Post by Lexicon » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:48 pm

The "pilot" has no connection to the TV show other than the basic elements of the characters they share and a few character-related story points. Heck, at this point, we shouldn't even be calling it a pilot since it isn't part of the show continuity. I know people here refuse to believe it but GST has said it many times.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:53 pm

I know it isnt part of the actual timeline, Iwas just trying to find a way to connect some fake dots.
Put the word out!

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:16 pm

No no no, you got it wrong with how GST is saying it. The story of the pilot happened, agree? You may say some parts have been included and the rest discarded, but like the way you interpret GST is like the way I interpret you. The only obvious changes I've seen from pilot movie to series is KITT, and show direction. Everything else looks like a progressive time line from then to now. But that is the way I look at it. You're going off like only key elements were saved, and probably won't budge from this conclusion until bit by bit they mention things that were stated in the movie. GST isn't going to radically change a freaking story to say that the movie we seen last year should basically be discarded. I seen the interviews, you don't need to remind me in quotes. Just understand one thing, he said the pilot takes place several months later. And that is the excuse for why we see a lot of major differences from Feb 08 to Sept 08.

I want to see if anyone agrees with me on this. This is what is generally believed, right?

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:55 am

I dotn think so. I think Griman programmed KITT to fin Mike because he was the son of Michel Knight. add to that, he knew mike on a personal level not only professional. Rmemeber the halloween episod? Griman was talking about mike taking his car apart and recollect it on the top of his house or something.
I very much think the connection between Mike and KARR came later on when they greated the show and came up with KARR story to be restored back to life.
As other members on the board were saying, the connection between KARR and Mike was never been explained any more nor they did explain the past military history of Mike. Image :kitt:

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:47 am

Knight007 wrote:I dotn think so. I think Griman programmed KITT to fin Mike because he was the son of Michel Knight. add to that, he knew mike on a personal level not only professional. Rmemeber the halloween episod? Griman was talking about mike taking his car apart and recollect it on the top of his house or something.
I very much think the connection between Mike and KARR came later on when they greated the show and came up with KARR story to be restored back to life.
As other members on the board were saying, the connection between KARR and Mike was never been explained any more nor they did explain the past military history of Mike. Image :kitt:
And as I already pointed out, I was trying to make something out of nothing.
I know the pilot is no way related to the show by now, I was just having fun trying to make them connect.
I was hoping it would catch on. Guess not.... :?
Put the word out!

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:50 am

Lexicon wrote:The "pilot" has no connection to the TV show other than the basic elements of the characters they share and a few character-related story points. Heck, at this point, we shouldn't even be calling it a pilot since it isn't part of the show continuity. I know people here refuse to believe it but GST has said it many times.
GST also said that we would get sick of turbo boost and that we would get some history of FLAG, etc. Neither of which has happened. There is more to support that the movie is in the continuity then not. KI3T's attack mode and how it changes (transforms) is the only change I really see, which can be explained that KI3T was modified and updated.

"Fly By Knight!" has specific evidence that the events happened in the movie from Mike saying "Last year someone killed my mom. Shot her right in front of me. I found myself standing over him, gun in hand. I didn't kill him, because I know taking a life wouldn't bring anyone back."
One man did make a difference.