i was just wondering!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ronni3
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

i was just wondering!

Post by ronni3 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:15 am

if KR gets picked for a second season....should they have a K.I.T.T in manual transmission.....we all know that manual is better than automatic and itll give mike sumthing to do then to just pretend hes driving.....

just a thaught!
"If I may attempt a colloquialism of my own, Thanks Brosef" K.I.T.T

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Re: i was just wondering!

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:45 pm

I think the film provided the best solution - automatic when the AI is on, Stick when the AI is turned off.

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight2000 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:33 pm

Over here in the UK most cars are MT. So when KR was on the air, I always wanted a MT KITT, mainly because I thought it was the only way you could rev a car engine at the start line so it lurched forward. Bear in mind I was only 7 or 8 at the time.

A lot of ATs don't stand up against MT however VW have a DSG gear box with dual-clutches, which means it can change gears in 0.008 seconds!

Watching KR as an adult and even KR08, I'd prefer AT over MT. It just fits in with KI3Ts technology. Having MT is almost like a step backward.

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:20 pm

In any incarnation (hah, in-CAR-nation....ahah! ha ha har, ha....hum), Kitt would have to be an automatic. Given the technology that runs an automatic transmission, and given the technology that KI3T runs upon, it would only be logical to combine the two. KI3T's AI would control the software and hardware for the automatic transmission at a very low level. (I believe that current automatics are completely hardware-based; switching gears isn't controlled by a computer or anything,which makes KI3T even more advanced in a feasible manner.)

I agree that manual would make sense when the AI is turned off; assuming that basic functions like switching gears would be controlled by the AI, it would be logical to postulate that an automatic transmission would not work if Kitt was offline. The issue here is reconciling the two technologies in one car....i suppose it'd be possible.in some way, shape, or form with a supercar like KI3T.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:55 am

Mr.Marcus wrote:I think the film provided the best solution - automatic when the AI is on, Stick when the AI is turned off.
I agree. this is the best to have Image :kitt: