like the show but needs changes like i said before

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

Locked
knightrider2929
Volunteer
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:26 am

like the show but needs changes like i said before

Post by knightrider2929 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:08 am

they still need to make changes on the show like getting rid of the snake emblem, changing the voice mod probably back to how it was in movie, and the transformations just have kitt raise up like a dune buggie type thing not a truck i still think thats retarted, to much product placement for ford, the show is not about ford, im glad they got rid of those fbi people they were retarted to many people on show and i dont think they should have gotten rid of dr gramien they need him for a father figure aroudn show like devon was, i hope they can figure away to bring him back, and have mike wearing leather jacket and jean maybe with the cowboy boots like his dad micheal knight and there shoudl be pics up of devon and wilton knight and micheal knight kind of a room with the begining of flag a museum of sort showing the recogntion the got and a bunch of pics of kitt, micheal, devon, wilton, bonnie and april i think that woudl be really cool they go inthere and check it out and micheal goes in there from time to time to think about things and wonder what is was like back then sort of stuff, they could also have schematics of kitt or robotic stuff and maybe have mike not use guns at all really much since micheal knight never seemed too just a thought, anyways i hope gary reads this and thinks about it :kitt:

User avatar
Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:55 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Hengelo, The Netherlands

Re: like the show but needs changes like i said before

Post by Solid Snake » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:43 pm

Without the product placement (not only Ford, but also Microsoft and Samsung) the show would have been dead already because of an even worse lack of money. I for one like it the way it is now... I only wish the masking up of "unlicensed logo's" would be done better.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

User avatar
GT500KR
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: like the show but needs changes like i said before

Post by GT500KR » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:13 pm

Every transformation was use for a purpose...........its not Redneck Rider so a 4x4 Mustang is stupid.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

R.I.T.T.
Recruit
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:08 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Contact:

Re: like the show but needs changes like i said before

Post by R.I.T.T. » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:31 am

knightrider2929 wrote:they still need to make changes on the show like getting rid of the snake emblem, changing the voice mod probably back to how it was in movie, and the transformations just have kitt raise up like a dune buggie type thing not a truck i still think thats retarted, to much product placement for ford, the show is not about ford, im glad they got rid of those fbi people they were retarted to many people on show and i dont think they should have gotten rid of dr gramien they need him for a father figure aroudn show like devon was, i hope they can figure away to bring him back, and have mike wearing leather jacket and jean maybe with the cowboy boots like his dad micheal knight and there shoudl be pics up of devon and wilton knight and micheal knight kind of a room with the begining of flag a museum of sort showing the recogntion the got and a bunch of pics of kitt, micheal, devon, wilton, bonnie and april i think that woudl be really cool they go inthere and check it out and micheal goes in there from time to time to think about things and wonder what is was like back then sort of stuff, they could also have schematics of kitt or robotic stuff and maybe have mike not use guns at all really much since micheal knight never seemed too just a thought, anyways i hope gary reads this and thinks about it :kitt:


I agree with some points but disagree with most. I'm not a big fan of the orb for KITT's voice but I didn't really like the one in the pilot either. As Ford is paying for this show I don't have much problems with Ford products in it. I am also not a big fan of the truck transformation(although I wouldn't use the word retarded).

Letting Mike wearing Michael Sr.'s clothes? What purpose would that have besides pleasing people who like the old show. I rather have junior having his own style that fits in 2009.

And although I liked Charles Graiman I don't think they should bring him back(besides they mentioned his funeral sooo...)

Also can't see the purpose of the museum besides nostalgia reasons for the fans.
Hello, I am Rush Industries Three Thousand, R.I.T.T. for easy reference, or Ritt if you prefer.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:25 pm

Re: like the show but needs changes like i said before

Post by Kram061-1 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:50 am

Because the transformations have been in this show basically from the beginning, it is almost impossible to remove them. I do not like them either, but now there is a large percentage of the fan base who must like them and actually expect to see them like others expect to see Turbo Boost and Ski Mode......myself included. It isn't necessary in every episode, but it does need to be out there, and to remove the transformations at this point in the show would probably do more damage than good to the show (ratings).
You might be even picking up a small percentage of the ratings from the "Transformers" fan base.

Also, one would think that the Attack Mustang must have cost far too much money to produce for them to abandoned the concept for the show.

User avatar
NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 2:36 pm

Re: like the show but needs changes like i said before

Post by NeoRanger » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:22 am

Regarding the transformations... I wouldn't expect them to go anywhere, should the show be renewed. Not permanently anyway. Knight Rider fans (myself included) don't like them, but we are hardly the core audience of the show (or at least the audience the show is trying to appeal to). Outside our circle, most people don't seem to have any particular issues with them.

And, keeping that in mind, they're a win-win situation for the bigger picture. Ford get their product placement, which helps paying for the show and the show gets a "neat" little gimmick to use wisely and appeal to a larger audience.

We don't like the transformations, because we think it detracts from the concept itself, but for the average viewer, a car that changes to other cars it's pretty neat. It's a concept of old that always intrigued people. As for us? We'll have to deal with it and hope that it brings in enough money for the future- if the show indeed has one.

User avatar
Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:36 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Winter Haven, FLA
Contact:

Re: like the show but needs changes like i said before

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:30 am

NeoRanger wrote:Knight Rider fans (myself included) don't like them, but we are hardly the core audience of the show (or at least the audience the show is trying to appeal to).


I take offense to that, as I am a huge KR fan, have been one all my life (my first word was KITT) and have never liked transformers, but i personally love that KI3T can transform. It's freakin awesome and hoe it never goes away!!
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:02 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Denver, CO
Contact:

Re: like the show but needs changes like i said before

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:42 am

I also think the transformations are great. You have to stop this hate on the FORD products shown on the show. I said this in another post: everyone uses the same damn brand of cell phone, and nobody on here is complaining about it. It's like complaining about why the sky must be blue, and the answer you're going to get ALWAYS is the reasoning behind it. Why? Who cares, really..

User avatar
lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:36 am

Re: like the show but needs changes like i said before

Post by lunchmeat » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:24 pm

knightrider2929 wrote:they still need to make changes on the show like getting rid of the snake emblem, changing the voice mod probably back to how it was in movie, and the transformations just have kitt raise up like a dune buggie type thing not a truck i still think thats retarted, to much product placement for ford, the show is not about ford, im glad they got rid of those fbi people they were retarted to many people on show and i dont think they should have gotten rid of dr gramien they need him for a father figure aroudn show like devon was, i hope they can figure away to bring him back, and have mike wearing leather jacket and jean maybe with the cowboy boots like his dad micheal knight and there shoudl be pics up of devon and wilton knight and micheal knight kind of a room with the begining of flag a museum of sort showing the recogntion the got and a bunch of pics of kitt, micheal, devon, wilton, bonnie and april i think that woudl be really cool they go inthere and check it out and micheal goes in there from time to time to think about things and wonder what is was like back then sort of stuff, they could also have schematics of kitt or robotic stuff and maybe have mike not use guns at all really much since micheal knight never seemed too just a thought, anyways i hope gary reads this and thinks about it :kitt:


I at first wasn't really big on the whole "Mike's using guns" thing, but I've gotten used to it. The situations in which he ends up sometimes call for the use of weaponry.

I hope Mike never wears cowboy boots unless it's specifically part of the story. The boots and the large buckle worked in the 80s, but now it's a laughingstock (and in a storyline, may very well be used as such). The writers and directors can still pull off the "lone ranger" feel if they so choose.

As for the voice orb....part of the reason for that was for establishing shots, from what I can understand. The show routinely uses a camera view from the middle of the backseat so the viewers can see everything on the HUD - Mike's in the shot, and so is KI3T's voice orb. This is why they didn't put the orb in the dash, in front of Michael - KI3T's visual cue for his voice wouldn't be in the shot.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

User avatar
NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 2:36 pm

Re: like the show but needs changes like i said before

Post by NeoRanger » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:
NeoRanger wrote:Knight Rider fans (myself included) don't like them, but we are hardly the core audience of the show (or at least the audience the show is trying to appeal to).


I take offense to that, as I am a huge KR fan, have been one all my life (my first word was KITT) and have never liked transformers, but i personally love that KI3T can transform. It's freakin awesome and hoe it never goes away!!


Why on god's green Earth would you take offense in that? It was a generalization, based on observation in this very forum.

User avatar
cazman101
Rookie
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:42 am

Re: like the show but needs changes like i said before

Post by cazman101 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:37 pm

As far as i'm concerned the Transforming needs to go the best episode so far by a mile was "exit light, enter night" and for me the reason was that the story was grounded with believability (not realism but believability) I just don't find i even slightly plausable that KI3T could do these these transformations especially when on the move and i think its becoming more rediculous now with the car being able to change into an old school mustang and deck out the interior complete with wooden dash. I just can't swallow it. How far will they take it next tranforming into a truck or the Semi from Tos or a thousand foot tall mega zord that goes off battling space aliens. The car does enough great remarkable things without making it rediculous. And unless Ki3t is fitted with a Tardis drive that makes the car bigger on the inside then its going to be crammed full of panels servo's and pistons to move the panels. I just think that if they took the show a little more seriously and stopped doing things just to be cool the show would have a broader apeal and better ratings.

User avatar
Knight007
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:58 am

Re: like the show but needs changes like i said before

Post by Knight007 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:56 am

cazman101 wrote:As far as i'm concerned the Transforming needs to go the best episode so far by a mile was "exit light, enter night" and for me the reason was that the story was grounded with believability (not realism but believability) I just don't find i even slightly plausable that KI3T could do these these transformations especially when on the move and i think its becoming more rediculous now with the car being able to change into an old school mustang and deck out the interior complete with wooden dash. I just can't swallow it. How far will they take it next tranforming into a truck or the Semi from Tos or a thousand foot tall mega zord that goes off battling space aliens. The car does enough great remarkable things without making it rediculous. And unless Ki3t is fitted with a Tardis drive that makes the car bigger on the inside then its going to be crammed full of panels servo's and pistons to move the panels. I just think that if they took the show a little more seriously and stopped doing things just to be cool the show would have a broader apeal and better ratings.

I agree with the point about the old Mustang. But the Transformation Idea is great by it self. they even talked about it on Sci web sites http://knightrideronline.com/news/2009/ ... gazine.php, so I think this is a very good plus point for the show Image :kitt:

User avatar
Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:36 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Winter Haven, FLA
Contact:

Re: like the show but needs changes like i said before

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:31 am

NeoRanger wrote:
Faithful Car KRO wrote:
NeoRanger wrote:Knight Rider fans (myself included) don't like them, but we are hardly the core audience of the show (or at least the audience the show is trying to appeal to).


I take offense to that, as I am a huge KR fan, have been one all my life (my first word was KITT) and have never liked transformers, but i personally love that KI3T can transform. It's freakin awesome and hoe it never goes away!!


Why on god's green Earth would you take offense in that? It was a generalization, based on observation in this very forum.


I took offense to that because, in the context you were using, your statement declares that if you're a KR fan, then you dont like the transformations. And it's hardly a generalization when the truth is there are many a KR fan who do like them, myself included. Let me copy and poaste my feeling on transformations (taking from the Wheres Turbo Boost? topic)

Turbo Boost, no matter how cool it was in the original, was a gimmick. At points, an extremely cheesy gimmick.
Transformations, no matter how cool I think they are, are a gimmick aswell. At some points, an extremely cheesy gimmick.

Yes, this KI3T can TB, and Ski-Mode and it has the grappling hook, and those may have been fine for the original, but now in this day and age, you need a big gimmick, something new to add to the mix to update it and make it apart of the formula. Thats what the transformations are. The new KR gimmick.
You cant take it out now, as that would take a chuck out of the heart of the new show, aswell as turning away the many fans of the new show which like the transformations.
And it's not like they go overboard with them. All except for...i'd say 2, were used to help out the plot and they were necessary to the condition of the story. Plus, sometimes, they're just awesome to watch. My fave? The opening of A Hard Day's Knight, with Mike beating up the guy in the van, then him going into the front and realizing the car was driving itself. That was awesome and funny and a throw back to the original show.

You cant expect the old show's gimmicks to keep a new show alive, it has to go a step beyond the norm and in my honest opinion, it wouldn't be Knight Rider:TNG without the transformations now....

I dont want to make it sound like I dont like torbo boost. I really, really do. And I want more jumps in the show, but I'm just saying that this show needs it own gimmicks mixed in with the old show's...
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Locked