Most improved player: Zoe?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Most improved player: Zoe?

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:07 am

Poor Zoe. Ever since she said "that was awesome" in the very first episode after KITT brought Mike & Sarah unconscious back to base, she's had a hard time winning over the fans. The surfer episode didn't help. But the writers seem to be dialing her back a bit and it's a nice change.

Her flirtly/prankster banter with Billy is fun, but we've had a chance to see her serious side when she met with Carrie's father. And we saw her sensitivity again tonight when she was with Danny's mom. Zoe is still a free-spirit with a bit of a wild side, but we're getting to know her mature side as well.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

nextelbuddy
Recruit

Re: Most improved player: Zoe?

Post by nextelbuddy » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:13 am

i agree plus i love korean girls. my gf is korean :D

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:03 am

I think she gets a lot of undeserved bashing. She serves her purpose on the show and she's not really unlikeable. If they flesh out her scenes with Billy and their flirtatious bantering a little better (bartender, can I have mine with a little less sterotype, please!), she'll be just fine.

I liked her in this latest ep. Actually, they generally should get her and Billy outside the SSC. It's impossible to be fleshed out characters, if they can't interact with anyone, who doesn't have a keyboard attached to them.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:21 am

Billy and Zoe doing grunt work is fine with me. Someone has to do it, and it leave Mike and KITT free to get the baddies.

And I am liking Zoe more. She seemed really concerned over Rivai, and the scenes with the mom in last episode were good. Plus, she is dressing better. Give her a few good lines here and there, and I could really like her.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:05 am

Yup, she's no longer irritating and it seems that she serves a purpose, so it's all good!
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:21 am

I'll ask again; what's up with her frosting her hair?
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:52 am

I've always held that less screen time and less lines would make Zoe a better character.

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:13 am

Maybe I'm weird, but I've always loved Zoe's character. She's funny, laid-back, and I felt she was a much-needed foil to Sarah, whose generally bitchy attitude annoyed me more than anything else.
Then Sarah started to lighten up, so I'm glad we're seeing a more mature aspect to Zoe's character too.
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:16 pm

I like Zoey. I missed the episode which made everyone hate her, so I suppose I missed that bandwagon....but yeah, overall, I like her. She has her annoying moments, but I like her lighthearted humor and the fact that she isn't too serious. However, something else I've noticed (and this may be a consequence of Smith Cho's acting style) is that Zoey is almost always really calm....she isn't really fazed by much, which is a quality that I really like about her. She knows how to be serious, and she knows how to joke (although she might not always have the best timing....but then, neither do I) but underneath it all, she's a rock. I always got the impression that if adversity hit her, she'd meet it in a calm and collected manner....in contrast to Sarah's character, who has been less than stoic when bad stuff has gone down.

Michael, you are absolutely right; we have seen a bit more of Zoey's mature side, and it's a good thing. Since I missed the "that was awesome" scene, it probably hasn't had the same effect on me as it has on other viewers, but overall, it's good to see that she can be mature when she needs to be. That said, I do like to see her smile and joke, though, and I do like to see her give Billy a hard time, so I hope that aspect of her character won't disappear entirely (I doubt it will). I also kind of want to see her as the "tough" character - I remember her training Billy to fight, and I thought it was great indicator of her personality; I don't want to completely lose that wild streak. She strikes me as the type of girl who'd tackle you in football with no hesitation, and have fun doing it.

It is, however, really good to see that she can tone it down when she needs to.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:27 pm

Hey I like Zoe she is more than OK especially now after the Reboot.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:24 am

I knid like her as well, spcially after the reboot. I find her for focused and more into helping the team now. besides we need to balance things her, we have two men, so we got to have two women as well Image :kitt:

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:08 am

lunchmeat wrote:However, something else I've noticed (and this may be a consequence of Smith Cho's acting style) is that Zoey is almost always really calm....she isn't really fazed by much, which is a quality that I really like about her. She knows how to be serious, and she knows how to joke (although she might not always have the best timing....but then, neither do I) but underneath it all, she's a rock. I always got the impression that if adversity hit her, she'd meet it in a calm and collected manner....in contrast to Sarah's character, who has been less than stoic when bad stuff has gone down.
You hit the nail on the head as to why I've liked Zoe since the first couple of episodes. On the surface she is silly, flirtatious, full of zingers and seemingly non-intelligent. However underneath there's clearly a lot more going on and the past three or so episodes have shown that in spades. I'm also head over heels in lust with Smith Cho, so that helps. :P
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:12 am

I always like Zoe myself:) She can be silly, but when it's time to do the job she's very good at what she does.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:24 pm

I used to think she was a pointless character but Zoe's really grown on me

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Really liked her in yesterday's episode. A return to the Billy/Zoey dynamic, but enough seriousness to balance it out. Gotta love those two. :D
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:25 pm

Actually, I thought their interaction in Wednesday's episode was a throwback to the beginning, when Zoe was always teasing him. And i found that roller skating sequence to be a bit pointless. honestly, if this is what we can expect from the SCC from now on, maybe the crew should move into smaller digs.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:44 pm

lunchmeat wrote:Really liked her in yesterday's episode. A return to the Billy/Zoey dynamic, but enough seriousness to balance it out. Gotta love those two. :D
Yes some may say is a throwback but since they do not dwell on it as they did earlier and get the job done is ok.

The tension between the 2 is not something you can make disappear overnight you know...