Where's the 08 toys?!?!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Where's the 08 toys?!?!

Post by MR2NR » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:04 am

I've seen a lot of retro toys coming back why not KR? NBC must not be releasing the rights at all. I've started collecting all the GT500KR's I can, but hardly any of them are black :(. I'm kinda getting disappointed as they way the economy looks toy makers might just start fading away.

Has anyone seen anything with a Justin B. action figure?
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Re: Where's the 08 toys?!?!

Post by March2875 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:41 am

At the July 08 Comic Con, Gary Scott Thompson announced that there would be no Knight Rider 2008 toys until the show got a season two. Lets hope the ratings for the remaining 3 episodes are the highest of the series so we can get the second season, and then the toys will follow.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:07 am

If they release a toy KI3T, I am buying one for my son. Also, if they release a KI3T with the pink stripe, then it'll go to my daughter. Though they will both end up playing with both. ^_^

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:20 am

Somehow, I imagine your kids recreating the climax of Kitt vs. Karr.... :P

I wonder if they'll release a KARR robot model? That would be wayyyy cool.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:24 am

Do kids still play with toys? It seems like playing video games and being overweight are the things kids are into these days.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:16 am

lunchmeat wrote:Somehow, I imagine your kids recreating the climax of Kitt vs. Karr.... :P
Indeed. I can see it now...
Artemis: *waving KI3T around* "Car! Car!"
Auralia: "No, I'm KARR! And KITT can't fly."
Mr.Marcus wrote:Do kids still play with toys? It seems like playing video games and being overweight are the things kids are into these days.
Definitely not my kids. They have more toys than their room can hold. They've taken over the Living Room. The BF has a big family, so christmas and birthdays are like having a toy store shipped to the house. >_<

I'm a gamer, so I know my kids will be gamers too. Auralia is already on her way since she has her own DSLite. But they both get plenty of outdoors time and excercise.

And if gaming makes you gain weight, I should game a lot more. I'm underweight and I game at least a few hours a day. Hmm, maybe I should game less and eat more...

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:28 am

Lynda414 wrote:
lunchmeat wrote:Somehow, I imagine your kids recreating the climax of Kitt vs. Karr.... :P
Indeed. I can see it now...
Artemis: *waving KI3T around* "Car! Car!"
Auralia: "No, I'm KARR! And KITT can't fly."
Mr.Marcus wrote:Do kids still play with toys? It seems like playing video games and being overweight are the things kids are into these days.
Definitely not my kids. They have more toys than their room can hold. They've taken over the Living Room. The BF has a big family, so christmas and birthdays are like having a toy store shipped to the house. >_<

I'm a gamer, so I know my kids will be gamers too. Auralia is already on her way since she has her own DSLite. But they both get plenty of outdoors time and excercise.

And if gaming makes you gain weight, I should game a lot more. I'm underweight and I game at least a few hours a day. Hmm, maybe I should game less and eat more...
Good to know although I never causally linked gaming to weight gain. I don't know where you got that from. They seem like independent things to me since weight gain is caused by burning fewer calories than you're consuming. Even heavy exercise can lead to weight gain if you are consuming more calories than you burn. Hence the cardio bunnies who peddle the exercise bikes for a 1/2 hour at the gym then stuff their faces with bon bons and wonder why they aren't getting in shape.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:08 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:Good to know although I never causally linked gaming to weight gain. I don't know where you got that from. They seem like independent things to me since weight gain is caused by burning fewer calories than you're consuming. Even heavy exercise can lead to weight gain if you are consuming more calories than you burn. Hence the cardio bunnies who peddle the exercise bikes for a 1/2 hour at the gym then stuff their faces with bon bons and wonder why they aren't getting in shape.
Gaming and TV have actually been linked to weight gain by some people. I know we've gotten a lot of notices up here about that. Parent's are more reluctant to let their kids go outside and play, so the kids stay inside all the time in front of the TV eating junk food. That's what all the pamphlets say anyway.

I'm a stay at home mom, so I actually have time to go out with my kids and let them run around like nuts, totally keeps the weight down, an they sleep like babies.

Back on the subject of KITT toys, they should release Mike as an accessory for KITT, and have an alternate outfit. I was thinking of that work uniform he wore, with the hat. ^_^

As for being unable to transform, they might be able to do something with KITT that lets him go into Attack Mode at least. As long as there were no sharp points or edges, I would get it for Artemis.

ANd while we are on the subject of kids and toys, Auralia made KITT, Mike, and Sarah out of bendaroos yesterday. They are up on my wall now. ^_^

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:37 pm

If there were KR toys I'd buy them...even though I'm 15! :D I'll just collect them in the original packaging...or play with them. :oops:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:59 pm

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:If there were KR toys I'd buy them...even though I'm 15! :D I'll just collect them in the original packaging...or play with them. :oops:
Nothing to be ashamed of. I bought my first set or Megablok: Dragons when I was twenty.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:50 pm

I'd buy two! :D How are the kid demographics holding up?

Though unfortunately, NBC probably doesn't get that kids can generally nag their parents into getting what they want, within reason of course.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:04 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:I'd buy two! :D How are the kid demographics holding up?

Though unfortunately, NBC probably doesn't get that kids can generally nag their parents into getting what they want, within reason of course.
Well, Auralia, my six year old, watches Knight Rider with me. She thinks KITT's awesome, and if she really wants a KITT toy, I would get her one.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:05 am

Lynda414 wrote:
Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:If there were KR toys I'd buy them...even though I'm 15! :D I'll just collect them in the original packaging...or play with them. :oops:
Nothing to be ashamed of. I bought my first set or Megablok: Dragons when I was twenty.
And to think that I thought I was the only person who has an interest in toys.I like to collect toys in their original packaging for display purposes. :D It would look great next to "The Lion King" toy collection I have as well! :)
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:05 am

Pfft. Amateurs. Transformers fan here. I have an entire toyline dedicated to me and my fanboyism. Two, if we count reissues. And I'm 23 years old.

I'd definitely pick a KITT figure up.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:00 am

NeoRanger wrote:Pfft. Amateurs. Transformers fan here. I have an entire toyline dedicated to me and my fanboyism. Two, if we count reissues. And I'm 23 years old.

I'd definitely pick a KITT figure up.
Here you go, something to excite both versions of fanboys in you. This artist draws KITT as a Transformer. http://arken0.deviantart.com/

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:17 pm

Lynda414 wrote:If they release a toy KI3T, I am buying one for my son. Also, if they release a KI3T with the pink stripe, then it'll go to my daughter. Though they will both end up playing with both. ^_^
I'm sure you can find a "Warriors in Pink" Mustang collectible later on as it supports breast cancer research. KITT was kinda boasting ford in that episode it's the only mustang package besides the KR it has shown :) The only thing different is it wouldn't have the scanner which you couldn't see anyways unless it was lit behind the billet grill.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:58 pm

MR2NR wrote:
Lynda414 wrote:If they release a toy KI3T, I am buying one for my son. Also, if they release a KI3T with the pink stripe, then it'll go to my daughter. Though they will both end up playing with both. ^_^
I'm sure you can find a "Warriors in Pink" Mustang collectible later on as it supports breast cancer research. KITT was kinda boasting ford in that episode it's the only mustang package besides the KR it has shown :) The only thing different is it wouldn't have the scanner which you couldn't see anyways unless it was lit behind the billet grill.
If I got a KITT toy, it would have to light up. ^_^ But Auralia would prolly like that Pink Mustang... ARtemis would, because it's a car, and he loves cars, no matter the color. I caught him vrooming Auralia's Polly Pocket cars up the side of the china cabinet today.

twisted17
Stranger

Post by twisted17 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:38 am

Did a google search for some models. Here's the best I could come up with:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001MGQTMO/ref ... nkCode=asn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-FORD-SHELBY-MU ... 1|294%3A50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Till Later...

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:54 am

Lynda414 wrote:
MR2NR wrote:
If I got a KITT toy, it would have to light up. ^_^ But Auralia would prolly like that Pink Mustang... ARtemis would, because it's a car, and he loves cars, no matter the color. I caught him vrooming Auralia's Polly Pocket cars up the side of the china cabinet today.
If I had one that's scanner worked I prob wouldn't have my kids playing with it :).

Also most of the models now are metal and when i was a kid I would do more damage to furniture and cabinets than I thought and use the hood as cheese grater for the drywall AAAYYYIIII. I only got socks for toys when I did that :(.
Now that I'm a parent I think payback will be brutal because I have much nicer things than my parents did :?

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:24 am

Yeah, I would want plastic for the kids. It would be cheaper as well. *sigh* I wonder if they'll release some good KR toys. I don't think they are aiming for the younger audiences though.

J_Spaced
Recruit

Post by J_Spaced » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:06 am

Interesting what you say about "younger audiences", given that Batman Begins and the Dark Knight are not aimed at younger audiences and you can't move for Batmobile Tumblers and bikes.

I think it's perfectly possible to market and sell new Knight Rider toys, but they should start small with perhaps a transforming KI3T that converts from normal to attack mode. (Don't ask me how they'd do it though!) Then look at RC versions etc.