Something I just throught of

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

bige
Rookie

Something I just throught of

Post by bige » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:39 am

I was just thinking about this

You know in the TOS series in the first two episode they say that Wilton Knight created KI2T, and when he died in that series Dr. Gariman start design the next KITT, and Gariman was probally part of RD department, and when Devon passed (if that is ture) then Dr. Gariman tried to get FLAG back up and running then all of a sudden the goverment came in and took control, but now since KARR is destoryed, then sarah is trying to get FLAG back up and running for good since they are no longer tied into the goverment.

I think that is probally what happen that is why Dr. Gariman he was going to reinstate FLAG, but not got a chance to ( in the piolt episode)

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Re: So I just throught of

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:53 am

We will never know who invented KITT with any certainty since both incarnations of KR have rewritten the history. In TOS season one Devon calls KITT "The crowning invention of Wilton Knight's life." Which implies that Wilton Knight invented KITT. But in season 3's Junk Yard Dog they bring in the 3 member team who originally built KITT - Von Vermon, Yamata, and some other guy. This 3 member team was never featured prior to this episode. Then in KR08 they claim Graiman was the inventor of KITT. Bottom line is they are going to use plot devices that fit and provide a basis for a story so speculating what Graiman would have done won't get you anywhere.

bige
Rookie

Re: Something I just throught of

Post by bige » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:45 am

That three member team probally help Wilton Knight on createing KITT since you know since Wilton Knight was sick

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:02 pm

bige wrote:That three member team probally help Wilton Knight on createing KITT since you know since Wilton Knight was sick
Yeah and they were led by Charles Graiman right? And the reason why he wasn't in Junk Yard Dog is b/c he was on vacation in Hawaii at the time right? Look, you can use backward reasoning to make anything work. That's not the point. The point is this show in particular tends to use a loose history and liberally adds story elements for the sole purpose of creating an episode. Another one from the original is CJ Jackson who supposedly killed Michael Knight's predecessor when up until that point we were led to believe that Michael Long was the one man who can make a difference. So speculating what a character may or may not have done is a useless exercise.

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Skav » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:45 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:
bige wrote:That three member team probally help Wilton Knight on createing KITT since you know since Wilton Knight was sick
Yeah and they were led by Charles Graiman right? And the reason why he wasn't in Junk Yard Dog is b/c he was on vacation in Hawaii at the time right? Look, you can use backward reasoning to make anything work. That's not the point. The point is this show in particular tends to use a loose history and liberally adds story elements for the sole purpose of creating an episode. Another one from the original is CJ Jackson who supposedly killed Michael Knight's predecessor when up until that point we were led to believe that Michael Long was the one man who can make a difference. So speculating what a character may or may not have done is a useless exercise.
I agree. Wilton pitched the idea to Graiman who then realised that building an AI would be an impossible task as a one man job so he employed Von Vorman and co to build KITT.

The only question with this logic is why Graiman's name wasn't mentioned in JYD from TOS since he was the brains behind it all.

But we can't have answers for everything.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:28 pm

Skav wrote:
Mr.Marcus wrote:
I agree. Wilton pitched the idea to Graiman who then realised that building an AI would be an impossible task as a one man job so he employed Von Vorman and co to build KITT.

The only question with this logic is why Graiman's name wasn't mentioned in JYD from TOS since he was the brains behind it all.

But we can't have answers for everything.
He wasn't mentioned b/c Torres is the real brains behind everything. In fact, he's the one who gave Wilton Knight the idea for KARR.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:00 am

Tores!!!!! what are you talking about??? maybe we have some missing gaps in the story line between TOS and KR08, but the core line is KR08 is happening after 25 years (or something like that) of TOS. So how come Tores still alive???? two options: 1- he is the highlander and he never dies 2- he is the devil and cant be killed and he will be back!!!!! so which one is it???? Image :kitt:

necrophilissimo
Rookie

Post by necrophilissimo » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:42 am

I always, even in TOS days, thought Wilton Knight had a vision that someone else (Graiman?) brought to life. It's how it works, really. For comparison billionaire Bill Gates might have had vision where to take Windows, but it took whole Microsoft R&D team to take it there.
TAGAP: The Apocalyptic Game About Penguins - Join the penguin apocalypse!

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:23 am

necrophilissimo wrote:I always, even in TOS days, thought Wilton Knight had a vision that someone else (Graiman?) brought to life. It's how it works, really. For comparison billionaire Bill Gates might have had vision where to take Windows, but it took whole Microsoft R&D team to take it there.
I agree, though I do believe Wilton Knight had a hand in creating TOS KITT. He obviously had help though, since KITT is so advanced.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:58 pm

Lynda414 wrote:
necrophilissimo wrote:I always, even in TOS days, thought Wilton Knight had a vision that someone else (Graiman?) brought to life. It's how it works, really. For comparison billionaire Bill Gates might have had vision where to take Windows, but it took whole Microsoft R&D team to take it there.
I agree, though I do believe Wilton Knight had a hand in creating TOS KITT. He obviously had help though, since KITT is so advanced.
Obviously...

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:33 pm

We know for a fact that Wilton designed and built KARR. His involvement with KI2T on the other hand is really unknown, since he was dying while KI2T was being made. Graiman can be shoved in the timeline somewhere though.
Remember how Sarah taught at Stanford? Well, it was mentioned in one episode (Just My Bill) that some of KI2T parts were designed at Stamford. What if Graiman original was working at Sanford, helped on some of the initial parts, then was brought into KR&D because of his work in AI programming.
Which would make sense with KARR saying that Graiman was his creator....if it was the same CPU from the 80s, I'm pretty sure that most of the memory/programming was gone, and KI with the government, they brought Graiman back in to backwards engineer the AI for military use. Graiman was also the best choice since his research in nano-technology meant that they could use the AI in a shape-shifting form, allowing for a disguise when not in an attack.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

adamtrek
Recruit

Post by adamtrek » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:53 pm

Most shows have a bible that they operate under and every writer must stay within those confines, however strict or loose they are.

What I want to know is if the show has a bible and how does it tie into the original series. Many things said and done in the episodes seem to contradict KR history, yet some things seem to completely flow from the history as a natural progression.

Many things are confusing, but hopefully more blanks will be filled in as we enjoy the ride.
Watching KITT turbo boost since 1982.