GOOD NEWS>NBC & Knight Industries sites updated

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

GOOD NEWS>NBC & Knight Industries sites updated

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:11 am

The NBC Official Knight Rider site is updated with a new online KR Racing game and a link to FLAG.

The FLAG Site now reads FLAG A divsion of Knight Industries..It also quotes Wilton Knight "One Man Can Make a Difference" there are scenes from the upcoming epsiode.

Why this is good news. Money is very tight,these days and with all the budget cuts I can not justify NBC paying to redesign a website and create online games for a show they are about to S**T Can.

I think we have a little more going for Knight Rider than just the ratings.

I take this as a positive sign that the TV Gods are smiling upon us.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Re: GOOD NEWS>NBC & Knight Industries sites updated

Post by Knight007 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:29 am

you never know whats the story with those people in NBC. they may give some wrong indication, and then do what they want. :kitt:

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:00 am

They could of had it made and planned before the budget cut............Never know
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:44 am

Think Positive!!
Ever hear of a self fulfilling prophecy?
The more negative thoughts about a subject only attract negative events. The more likely KR will be cancelled.
The more you think positively, the more it attracts postive events. KR is renewed.
Please try and think positive
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:53 pm

Can only be good,why waste money on a website when the show has only 4 episodes left!!??

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:31 pm

Can only be good,why waste money on a website when the show has only 4 episodes left!!??
NBC probably pays a webmaster one lump sum to take care of the entire website, including different show links.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:25 am

It's not like they did a complete overhaul to the site or anything, just a couple changes that weren't likely all that hard to do, probably something that was made awhile ago.

[nerd]
Who do I get to bug to fix the FLAG "established" date to the correct one of 1965?
[/nerd]
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:26 am

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:The NBC Official Knight Rider site is updated with a new online KR Racing game and a link to FLAG.

What new game?

Only game I can see is the old Turbo Boost game.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:10 am

DeeKnight wrote:Can only be good,why waste money on a website when the show has only 4 episodes left!!??
Its strategy. They didn't do anything except add a few new touches, hardly cost intensive. But it does something more important. It adds hope. Hope is what prevents a letter writing campaign b/c the fans hope it'll be renewed. That's why I expect NBC to continue keeping quiet about KR's status. I'd pay more attention to the things that count. No superbowl ads, no general ads, cut budget, trimmed cast, reduced episode order, etc. These aren't the things a network does to a show they have faith in.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:49 am

Mr.Marcus wrote:Its strategy. They didn't do anything except add a few new touches, hardly cost intensive. But it does something more important. It adds hope. Hope is what prevents a letter writing campaign b/c the fans hope it'll be renewed. That's why I expect NBC to continue keeping quiet about KR's status I'd pay more attention to the things that count. No superbowl ads, no general ads, cut budget, trimmed cast, reduced episode order, etc. These aren't the things a network does to a show they have faith in.

Ok first and foremost everone should have hope,anyone who says different is selling something.

Every should keep sending letters, get your friends to send letters, get strangers to send letters. Make 1000 copies go to work get everyone there to sign letters and send them as a group. Sign the online petition.
If the website update is a "stratigic move" to give us false hope, which IMO is way over thinking this, it makes no sense. If NBC did nothing to the website at all and we send letters, they can simply ignore them and do what they want regardless of what we ask. They produce the show, they hold all the cards, they can choose to acknowledge us or choose to ignore us. Corporate business operate like that everyday.

Unfortunatley the harsh reality is no matter what we do. petitions, protests,letters, press releases..may have absoultly no impact what so ever,the final decision is not up to us, it is up to NBC execs, and whether the believe KR is a viable product.

As for things that count. We and NBC were sold a particular product:KR Telemovie, a continuation of the original series. Thta is not what was being produced and the poor ratings reflected that. NBC stepped in and made GST fix the series. By fixing the series, characters that we confusing, unexpected and perhaps didnt belong in the storyline were removed. Those are things a network does to save a show from cancellation. When is the last time you heard of a TV series recast,retooled and relauched mid season? I never have and I have been watching TV for over 4 decades.

Budget cuts are happening everywhere-hello recession.

No superbowl or TV ads. At an adverage cost of air a 30 second comercial during the superbowl is between 2.7 and 3 million dollars. Not including the cost of actually producing the commercial. I wouldn't promote a show that has finished filming for the season either, those funds can be utilized elsewhere or applied to the next years budget for the show. Thats simply good business.

Now is it a fact the KR's future is iffy? yes.
I do not expect NBC to commit to a second season or cancellation until they have all the facts and figures in for this season, and the "new" shows they are planning. Even the cast and crew don't expect to hear anything before April.

But if you think NBC execs actually spent the time and energy to think up a way to consipre against our letter writing campaign by updating a website to give us false hope. Well, put bluntly, we are just not that important to them in the grand scheme of things. They are more worried about losing thier respective paychecks, possible layoffs, budget cuts and the worst recession this country has seen in a long time.how many of thier sponsors have they lost as a network becuase the sponsor was forced to go out of business or file for bankruptcy?

Dont be a Debbie downer man, look at this website update as a good thing.

Please allow me to offer this little peice of advice. In the future: If you hear hoof beats, look for horses, not zebras. 8)
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!