Things does not make sense...

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kenick
Volunteer

Things does not make sense...

Post by kenick » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:59 pm

i am a big fan of kr and i think it is quite possibly the best show on tv today.
i liked the way they made the show more friendy towards family viewing.
the transformation part looks more realistic and better
but there is still a problem
KI3T in 4x4 mode
KI3T in 4x4 mode
vlcsnap-89263.png (159.84 KiB) Viewed 13818 times
KI3T in normal mode
KI3T in normal mode
vlcsnap-80103.png (188.37 KiB) Viewed 13822 times
i wonder how the seat transforms
last time they use to "transform" kitt's interior
kitt in 4x4 mode
kitt in 4x4 mode
vlcsnap-88424.png (243.78 KiB) Viewed 13819 times
but thankfully the fixed the problem in ep 14.
hopefully they may fix this "seat transforming" problem too
BLACK STIG IS THE HUMANISED KITT

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Re: Things does not make sense...

Post by Knight007 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:09 am

good eyes my man, but remember, these things will become classics by time :kitt:

Bandit1
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Bandit1 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:11 pm

these things are a must have of knight rider :D

remember TOS :good:
Sorry for bad laguage,i´m still learning english!

GREETINGS FROM GERMANY

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:03 pm

I think if we're going to be questioning how the interior seats change, we have to question where all the extra mass comes from out of the Mustang's body. If we've been generally overlooking that for the sake of the action/car abilities by this point, the seats themselves don't really matter.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:38 pm

Maybe Nano-tech mass is different to metal mass... more like play dough. You can stretch and reshape it with out having to add any more.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Atlantean2005
Recruit

Post by Atlantean2005 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:12 pm

Lost Knight wrote:I think if we're going to be questioning how the interior seats change, we have to question where all the extra mass comes from out of the Mustang's body. If we've been generally overlooking that for the sake of the action/car abilities by this point, the seats themselves don't really matter.
I had wondered the same thing. I came up with a theory but it got shot down after rewatching a few episodes and doing some thinking. Still pretty awesome if you me! I wish MY car could do that!!! :D

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:00 pm

The nanobots could be like something that could shrink like a crumpled piece of paper,and expand when it's needed,but it would be hollowed out.I wish I could find a proper way of explaining it. :|
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:26 pm

Yes but the crumpled paper would then have a different density throughout its cross-section.

TBH all they did was switch vehicles, so there's no time to explain where all the mass went. I still think that the only way the entire thing works is if KI3T is one big blob of nanobots and that with him in there, it's got the shape of a car, and it can be reprogrammed to take on a different appearance.

I do wonder how the nanobots arrange themselves without accidentally binding themselves/interacting with the characters clothes.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:56 pm

Knight2000 wrote:I still think that the only way the entire thing works is if KI3T is one big blob of nanobots and that with him in there, it's got the shape of a car, and it can be reprogrammed to take on a different appearance.
Thats how I thought it worked right from the start, hence my comment about play dough. I've always assumed the nanobots where like mechanical playdough.
I do wonder how the nanobots arrange themselves without accidentally binding themselves/interacting with the characters clothes.
Well they can obviously tell the difference between a nanobot and a piece of material and only respond to other nanobots running with Kitts software.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:27 am

Rockatteer wrote:Well they can obviously tell the difference between a nanobot and a piece of material and only respond to other nanobots running with Kitts software.
Which brings us to the interesting question,
"What happens to the people inside KITT when he is transforming?"
Do they fly around a glob mass of nanotech moving around or something?

Or maybe something like in episode 1, Sarah and Mike popped in the front seats! :mrgreen:
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:25 am

One would assume that the seat would just change under them just like an electric seat in a car moves when you push the button.

Now the REAL interesting question is what happens to the people in the BACK seat when Kitt goes to attack mode? Do they suddenly become assimilated into the collective of Nano-consciousness?

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:45 am

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:The nanobots could be like something that could shrink like a crumpled piece of paper,and expand when it's needed,but it would be hollowed out.I wish I could find a proper way of explaining it. :|
You mean something like a molecular 3D lattice, that is able to fold into itself when needed?
Knight2000 wrote:Yes but the crumpled paper would then have a different density throughout its cross-section.
Not if you unfold the paper, instead of crumpling. Think of a hollow cube, with six sides, made of paper. If you unseal the edges, you can flatten it, and store it in a much smaller space. KI3T's nanos would have to be incredibly incredibly small - and because they seem to interact on the molecular level, it's feasible that there's a lot of "empty space" there.
I don't see why they would. They're tiny, so at that size there's a clear distinction between nanotech and foreign matter. The nanotech isn't "sticky" or anything like that, and it wouldn't leave a residue - it isn't a glue or a slime or anything.

Although, really, nano-glue would be awesome. It'd stick to everything and have the adhesive quality of a weld. But if the technology fell into the wrong hands...well, that poor sap would be in for a "sticky" situation. Ahah, ha, ha, har.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:02 am

Yeah I think there's confusion about what KR nano-tech is and how it works.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:26 am

I know! They should think of making a nano-tech armor for Mike. Imagine Mike going in against armed people and instead of going unprotected like before, KITT sprays some nanotech to Mike's shirt or jacket, which in turn welded into a nano-tech bullet-proof armor. And seeing bullets being deflected from the armor would be cool.

*ignore this post... I myself dunno if I'm being serious or sarcastic...* :roll:
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:33 am

BlueChaos wrote:I know! They should think of making a nano-tech armor for Mike. Imagine Mike going in against armed people and instead of going unprotected like before, KITT sprays some nanotech to Mike's shirt or jacket, which in turn welded into a nano-tech bullet-proof armor. And seeing bullets being deflected from the armor would be cool.

*ignore this post... I myself dunno if I'm being serious or sarcastic...* :roll:
Heh, that's funny.
But i dont think would work, cause as we saw with the BDP and K2KP, without KI3T being connected and fully operational, the nano's do nothing.
Mike' would have to have a AI computer on the vest for it to work.
And if someone says "Well KI3T can control it," the fact is unless KI3T physically is plugged into the nano-shell, it wont work.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

johntee
Volunteer

Post by johntee » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:12 am

I seem to remember an episode I think #3 the four of them are chasing the terroist in Mexico and kitt says I can't change to attack mode with 4 people but only 2 people. go back and see the last 10 - 15 minutes of the episode and I think you will find it.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:25 am

Faithful Car KRO wrote:And if someone says "Well KI3T can control it," the fact is unless KI3T physically is plugged into the nano-shell, it wont work.
What about wireless connections?
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:29 am

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:
Faithful Car KRO wrote:And if someone says "Well KI3T can control it," the fact is unless KI3T physically is plugged into the nano-shell, it wont work.
I'm not sure that that would work like that.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:55 am

Faithful Car KRO wrote:
Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:
I'm not sure that that would work like that.
Katherine, in my fic, has a shirt that's been saturated with bio-nanos. In the collar there is a small power supply and computer. She presses that spot on her collar, and the shirt hardens, thus deflecting bullets. Because it becomes completely rigid I made it sleevless, so she can use her arms.

The bio-nanos Kat uses is different that KI3T's, but I could see the same principles working for Mike.

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:38 am

Rockatteer wrote:
Well they can obviously tell the difference between a nanobot and a piece of material and only respond to other nanobots running with Kitts software.
lunchmeat wrote:
I don't see why they would. They're tiny, so at that size there's a clear distinction between nanotech and foreign matter. The nanotech isn't "sticky" or anything like that, and it wouldn't leave a residue - it isn't a glue or a slime or anything.
My comment here wasn't about them sticking to the clothes but 'interacting' with them. Going down to the molecular level, the nanotech has to rearrange itself to change the seats. I don't know what the molecular structure of these nanobots look like but I would imagine the surface of the seat would not be uber-smooth - it'd have dimples and ridges from where the various atoms stick out from the main skeletal structure. The CPU would have to make sure that these bits that stick out do not get hoooked into or interact accidentally with the molecules of the clothes. Otherwise it'd end up a bit like velcro!

jshorva65
Recruit

Post by jshorva65 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:34 am

Rockatteer wrote:One would assume that the seat would just change under them just like an electric seat in a car moves when you push the button.

Now the REAL interesting question is what happens to the people in the BACK seat when Kitt goes to attack mode? Do they suddenly become assimilated into the collective of Nano-consciousness?
johntee wrote:I seem to remember an episode I think #3 the four of them are chasing the terroist in Mexico and kitt says I can't change to attack mode with 4 people but only 2 people. go back and see the last 10 - 15 minutes of the episode and I think you will find it.
My best guess is that they would be lifted and displaced relative to the shifting Nanotech structures: at best finding themselves in very cramped quarters, pressed into the tight space between the metal structure which resembles a truckbed toolbox, front seatbacks, rear window, and roof; at worst, perhaps suffering some injuries (possibly serious ones) from being pressed against one or more of those structures. Imagine a tall person in the back seat of any car as the driver or passenger adjusts the front seat significantly rearward. The rear-seat occupant in that case needs to react quickly to move out of the way as much as possible to avoid discomfort and/or injury. High-speed maneuvers (a sharp turn, sudden stop, Turbo Boost and landing, etc.) in Attack Mode would also involve great risk of rear-seat occupants' being injured by colliding with seatbacks, roof, windows, etc. at high speed. Therefore, KI3T's AI can only transform into Attack Mode when no passengers are in the rear seat (similar to options being "greyed out" or "dimmed" in many PC applications). In other words, the Attack Mode option cannot be selected while passengers occupy the rear seat.