4x4 kitt

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MURDOCK
Rookie

4x4 kitt

Post by MURDOCK » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:03 pm

I see kitt still turns into the jeep its just all wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IN kvk the original,karr reckons he is designed for every condition,the transforming thing aint kool,or very knight rider either,no turbo boost in fight knight either,dissapointing,the end was the best for me,them driving off having made a difference,the humour i like it,at the start the intro i mean when knight rider reads on screen we get the truck flipping id rather see kitt racing along or turbo boost or the gauges or something!GIVE THIS SHOW WHAT IT NEEDS PRODUCERS!A KNIGHT RIDER FAN IN IRELAND SINCE 1982.:)

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Re: 4x4 kitt

Post by GT500KR » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:15 pm

No a 4x4 Mustang is alll wrong.........its not Redneck Rider.........F-150 is practical for what had to be done last night.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:58 pm

I'm sorry to disagree with you there but KI3T doesn't need to transform into a F-150 at all to go off road at all. First of all theres the Knight 2000 the entire title sequence for that show was filmed off road and went off road continuously and seemed to do just fine. But forgetting the original show completely Just the other week KI3T went off to completely rough terrain way rougher than what was in that episode when he went to battle KARR anbd done just great. The Tranforming is just a bad gimmick and a way to throw more promoting to Ford. I understand that they probably have a deal with ford to show their vehicles so why not have Billy, Zoe or Sarah drive one to work instead.

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Vegasmike » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:00 pm

Why not just have KI3T transform in to the Ford cars from TKR? :wink:
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:03 pm

I think i'm going to be sick

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:10 pm

"attack beast transformation complete"

:roll:
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

honnziva
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by honnziva » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:11 pm

well, we can't say its right or wrong because we don't produce the show oror write it... so.. there fore we have no way to say whats right or wrong....

at this point... this is KITT its time to get used to it... if you don't like certain things that is fine... god knows i dont like everything every episode... but why are we trying to relive a series that we can all enjoy at home... im ready to enjoy new things... if kitt turns into a f150 so be it

knight rider is what it is... nothing can change the old series, nothing can change what devon and bonnie did, and nothing will change with michael and the origianl kitt.

but these new situations are heading in the right direction... kitt has alot of technological advancements... i for one would like to see the extent of them.
"To our future. No matter who it may take us up against or where"

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:06 pm

MURDOCK wrote:I see kitt still turns into the jeep its just all wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, as a Jeep driver, I feel I have to say something: KITT does not turn into a Jeep, never has, and never will.

This is NOT a Jeep. It's a pickup truck, and Jeep hasn't rolled out a production-model pickup in sixteen years.
What's more, it's a Ford F-150, and Jeeps are Chryslers.
THIS is a Jeep:
Vegasmike wrote:Why not just have KI3T transform in to the Ford cars from TKR? :wink:
Well, in terms of the models used, we've already seen Beast(F-150) and Domino(Mustang - We even saw one in colors similar to Domino's in KotLD). KITT's never gonna turn into a motorcycle, so there's Kat and Plato out the window, which leaves just Dante(Ford Expedition)...and I don't think KITT's done an SUV yet.
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:50 pm

VegasMike,
Dude! I busted up laughing on this!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was great...I will smiling for hours on this one!
Thank You!
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

blazevski
Recruit

Post by blazevski » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:25 pm

well let me tell ya something... ya guys should really and I mean really cuz its about a time face the fact u r living in 2009. Old Knight Rider is gone! I liked it ya liked it but that was 80s... I mean if it was up to you you'd probbably film new series with old kitt which had 2 small TVs in the dash but thats just not it!!! Let the show move on. I personally love the transformation into attack, 4x4, police car etc. its one awsome feature that KITT has.

And now as the show has only most important characters and its idea is "one man one car" I think this it is simply briliant and headed to the right direction...

Only thing I dont like is KITT looking like a car from Fast and Furious and the windshield thing... I mean I like the idea but they could have done a better job cuz right now it looks like some star wars crap... I also think kitt should have red-green combination in interior like it did in pilot this blue thing makes it so... unagressive. for starters it should have red neons on dash (not only in attack mode but in normal mode too).

Thats it... Gotta luv the transformation ;)

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:40 pm

cazman101 wrote:Just the other week KI3T went off to completely rough terrain way rougher than what was in that episode when he went to battle KARR anbd done just great.
KI3T couldn't transform at that time. If he could, I'm sure he would have used Attack Mode.
GT500KR wrote:No a 4x4 Mustang is alll wrong.........its not Redneck Rider...
Oh, man, I laughed at this. I'm still laughing. Redneck Rider....Kitt has a deep southern accent and always wants to go mud-boggin'. Mike wears a deer-huntin' camo jacket instead of the leather. Instead of a laser, Kitt has a twelve-gauge mounted in his scanner...

Man, I needed that.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:18 pm

lunchmeat wrote:Oh, man, I laughed at this. I'm still laughing. Redneck Rider....Kitt has a deep southern accent and always wants to go mud-boggin'. Mike wears a deer-huntin' camo jacket instead of the leather. Instead of a laser, Kitt has a twelve-gauge mounted in his scanner...

Man, I needed that.
Man, you're on a roll today...

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:37 pm

Yeah, probably need to take a break from KRO for a day or two. Gotta leave on a high note.....also, I've been spending too much time on these forums.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:00 am

What exactly is this "Redneck Rider"?
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:13 am

the show was going along good the last 6 episodes, unti last night when i saw the stupid pickup truck transformation, i thought they got rid of those stupid transformations, now all of a sudden the reboot comes and we are back to these fake looking cartoon like transformations, appearantly the people running the show just dont get it.
in glen larson we trust.

Pct1theory
Rookie

Post by Pct1theory » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:29 am

i like it. done.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:01 am

K.A.C.I. wrote:
MURDOCK wrote:I see kitt still turns into the jeep its just all wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, as a Jeep driver, I feel I have to say something: KITT does not turn into a Jeep, never has, and never will.

This is NOT a Jeep. It's a pickup truck, and Jeep hasn't rolled out a production-model pickup in sixteen years.
What's more, it's a Ford F-150, and Jeeps are Chryslers.
THIS is a Jeep:
Vegasmike wrote:Why not just have KI3T transform in to the Ford cars from TKR? :wink:
Well, in terms of the models used, we've already seen Beast(F-150) and Domino(Mustang - We even saw one in colors similar to Domino's in KotLD). KITT's never gonna turn into a motorcycle, so there's Kat and Plato out the window, which leaves just Dante(Ford Expedition)...and I don't think KITT's done an SUV yet.
You made Laugh so hard I had tears in my eyes. Thank you for that :kitt:

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:56 pm

My_Friend_KITT wrote:
VegasMike,
Dude! I busted up laughing on this!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was great...I will smiling for hours on this one!
Thank You!
Glad i could make you smile! :mrgreen:
Call me Mike.

MURDOCK
Rookie

Post by MURDOCK » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:28 pm

In ireland all 4x4s are called jeeps pick ups the lot so dont be a smart ass,just have the craic!I bet you dont even know that term and it drugs buddy!We are all here for the love of knight rider so be kool.Peace out

blazevski
Recruit

Post by blazevski » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:41 pm

THAT was easy to understand :shock:

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:19 pm

OK i think Lunchmeat you kind of missed my point here. I'm aware that KI3T was damaged and couldn't Transform but the car still performed on the rough terrain and was still able to out monouver a Robot that was engineered for it. So the cars functions weren't at 100% and it was still able to move effortlessly through the dirt thus making the f-150 mode completely pointless plus the mustang looked its best with the stunt guys slamming it into power slides and the like. I just find it silly that a car can have the ability to tranform to that extent and even more rediculous that it can do it while its moving. And i say this being critical from a fans point of view I can't imagine what a non fan would make of it but I would say its a possible reason for not winning over audiences

and on another point I am a fan of the original show but am not one that wants the Hoff or the knight industries 2000 to come back maybe the Hoff in a couple of guest appearences and KItt in a computer box like in "Junkyard dog" ( a more modern version though) but in a more conservative administrative role the more experienced advisor as it were as opposed to the dashing hero.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:20 am

MURDOCK wrote:In ireland all 4x4s are called jeeps pick ups the lot so dont be a smart ass,just have the craic!I bet you dont even know that term and it drugs buddy!We are all here for the love of knight rider so be kool.Peace out
we do the same thing in the middle east, we call every 4x4 a jeep. BUT we call a truck a truck.
the point is, we dont want to make fun of any one, but we want to make it very clear what is the meaning of each word. because words may be miss understood easily. wouldnt you agree?? Image :kitt:

MURDOCK
Rookie

Post by MURDOCK » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:00 pm

I gotta pal :D :D :D :D :D :D
How about a little turbo boost?
Dare we without sufficent reason?
Without sufficient reason is the meaning of hookie.
Shall we as they say go for it?
Lets!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

iphoneowner
Volunteer

Post by iphoneowner » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:57 pm

KI3T was a Ford Flex in Knight of the Zodiac. (That is kind of a SUV) :kitt2:

youbelong
Rookie

Post by youbelong » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:02 pm

the show was going along good the last 5 episodes, until last episode when i saw the stupid pickup transformation, i thought they got rid of those stupid transformations, I think i'm going to be sick with this stupid transformation :oops: