Ratings for "Fight Knight"

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight4life
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Ratings for "Fight Knight"

Post by Knight4life » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:42 pm

Well i guess the episode wasn't as good or action packed from the start as was last week's and it would simply be a miracle if the show gets picked up for a 2nd season.KR's avg viewership is around 5 million which is way too low. :cry:

ronni3
Operative

Post by ronni3 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:43 pm

thats is a very slim chance of that/
"If I may attempt a colloquialism of my own, Thanks Brosef" K.I.T.T

pat329
Recruit

Post by pat329 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:48 pm

knight14 wrote:I really don't understand this Neps, how can we lose 1million viewers all in one week. I mean last weeks show and this weeks were pretty similar, all I have to say is just "wow". :|
I'T' GOING AGAINST CRIMIAL MIND' AND THAT SHOW IS VERY POPULAR,SO I DO BELEIVE IT NEED' TO GO ON A DIDN'T NIGHT THAT WAY KNIGHT RIDER HAS A CHANCE TO HAVE NEW FAN' AND CAN GROW THE WAY IT' SUPPOSE TO.WE JUST NEED TO CONVINCE NBC FOR A SECOND SEASON. :kitt:

wez
Operative

Post by wez » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:03 pm

so we did bad this week?

ronni3
Operative

Post by ronni3 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:05 pm

like i said...slim chance......i think NBC has given up.
"If I may attempt a colloquialism of my own, Thanks Brosef" K.I.T.T

knight14
Volunteer

Post by knight14 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:14 pm

ronni3 wrote:like i said...slim chance......i think NBC has given up.
You might want to look at your double post(s) :P

necrophilissimo
Rookie

Post by necrophilissimo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:20 pm

This is sad news, but we still have hope. And besides, we don't know for certain what is NBC's official opinion of how much digital distribution weights here. As I understood, it doesn't count into Nielsen system (?), but KR might be doing a lot better there (being a show for male demographic, which in turn is the main demographic of the said services). Does anyone have any digital distribution sales/view numbers?

BTW, is the board getting glitchy or is there some spamming going on? Loads of double/multiposts in this thread.
TAGAP: The Apocalyptic Game About Penguins - Join the penguin apocalypse!

devox
Volunteer

Post by devox » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:47 pm

Two better than none :)
hm.. ratings for this episode is little low but we hope for the best :)

::Jon::
Recruit

Post by ::Jon:: » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:49 pm

Think about what really causes these changes...

There is probably one (maybe two) people "with those neilson boxes" didn't watch it compared to last week.
And while its commendable that you all 'tell your friends' to watch it because Word Of Mouth does work, you really need to tell your friends with those NBoxes to watch it ;-)

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:51 pm

I think lots of things are not doing well, it's just the times we live in at the moment.
Lets hope for a second season, rather cruely imho we'll not know what's happening for sure for some time yet. :evil:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:13 pm

GT500KR wrote:I know the obvious answer is 1million +plus didnt watch it.

how does it drop that much compared to last week? Is it because of promotion or people watch the 1st 10 mins and change it?

Do people have to watch, with a ratings box, the whole show to be counted?
Yes that is the freaking problem with the so called Nielsen ratings only people with Nielsen boxes are counted. It is an awful and ineffective way of counting viewership in this day and age. Nielsen ratings are nothing but a dinosaur whose time came long ago but refuses to die to the detriment of the viewer itself.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:15 pm

I think I might cry.
Meee tooo Lynda....

I was hoping that we were going back up in the ratings...But fighting against American Idol with little to no advertising is like going against Goliath in a Geo Metro...
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:22 pm

My_Friend_KITT wrote:
I think I might cry.
Meee tooo Lynda....

I was hoping that we were going back up in the ratings...But fighting against American Idol with little to no advertising is like going against Goliath in a Geo Metro...
*hugs* :cry:

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:30 pm

I tend to watch episodes on Hulu after watching them on NBC, because Hulu provides (very nice) high-def videos. If digital distribution is really a factor....well, it might be beneficial for Knight Rider fans to utilize Hulu as well as the ol' TV tube. I personally plan on watching the episode on Hulu sometime today or tomorrow, just because my television reception isn't great (I don't have cable and I can't receive NBC's DTV broadcast if it's out there).

As for the ratings....I have no idea. Is it possible that the ratings went up due to the KI3T vs. KARR wave? If the show's getting more hits on Hulu and other digital distribution sites than TV, perhaps viewers saw the KvK ep and tuned in for the following show. I have nothing to back up that postulation, but hey. I'm just throwing stuff out there.

If the show does get cancelled, I do hope that it will continue on Sci-Fi or a different channel, or something (even if I can't watch it). There may be an untapped overseas market that will keep the series running, even if it doesn't end up airing in America. A second season would have to come now, though - due to the nature of the first few episodes, if the show did tank and reruns were aired on Sci-Fi, I would doubt that there would be high demand for a new season.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:46 pm

ok, lets be realistic here.

KR was up against 3 well established and hugely popular shows.

KR beat out Lost for 3rd place. That's pretty good isn't' it?
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pat329
Recruit

Post by pat329 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:54 pm

I DON'T THINK WE SHOULD GIVE UP JUST YET,CAUSE I BELIEVE THE SHOW HAS A CHANCE AND THEY WOULDN'T DO A REBOOT OF THE SHOW IF THEY ARE GOING TO CANCEL.KNIGHT RIDER DOES BETTER THEN ALOT OF THERE OTHER SHOW' THEY HAVE ON AND THE FAN' THAT ARE WATCHING IT HAS GOOD THING' TO SAY AND LOOKING FORWARD TO A SECOND SEASON.SO HOPE FOR GOOD THING' TO COME AND KEEP SAYING GOOD THING ABOUT THE EPISODE WE WATCH. :kittside:

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:56 pm

My_Friend_KITT wrote:
I think I might cry.
Meee tooo Lynda....

HEY! LOL I own one of those! But it does feel that way, doesn't it? LOL

As for the ratings; my first word was "wow!" I'm still in shock.
Though I keep finding info about overseas markets getting KR. Why would NBC market a (possibly) cancelled show overseas if it wasn't getting viewers?
From 6mil to 4mil is a BIG drop IMHO, but the episode was less than par, less action packed than last week, some "markets" were preempted why a "infomercial" so the viewers would be down.
I hope to get better numbers when i lurk back later lol.

(crosses fingers)
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:05 pm

You know what I found really funny, I started my dvd recorder at like 7:55pm last night and just before knight rider came on, the little nightly NBC commercial came on promoting what was on for the night..... The first thing their commercial promoted was the show starting at 9pm which was not knight rider. then it went to the 10pm show. Both shows had video highlights of what to expect, then it said something like stay tuned for the new knight rider comming up next.

Yes and those shows are actually promoted by their network. So what does that tell you all. NBC knows what they are doing, and why they are doing it. Bottom Line. DOn't expect to see knight rider return. I hate to be the negative one here, but their actions speak for themselves. Quit making excuses. It's like if you came out with a product and did not promote it. Don't whine about it not selling. I think NBC expected big ratings from the jump. They promoted the hell out of it and the ratings were not there like they wanted. Honestly they could probally replace Knight rider with some dumb reality show that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars cheaper to produce and still come up with the same ratings. I don't think were gonna see a repeat of the baywatch senerio here.

And let's be honest. The first few episodes were garbage. Except maybe the 2nd one. Compared with the new re-boot it dont' even look like the same show. I'll say it again, the tranformations killed the show. That's what did it. Not to mention the bad writing and acting of the original first episodes really turned people off. The critics bashed it and the causual viewer decided to not give it a chance. As a long time Knight rider fan it left me shaking my head quite a few times, so I can imagine what it did for some first time viewers.

The superbowl was a prime example of another wasted opportunity to promote the show.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Knightling
Recruit

Post by Knightling » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:18 pm

Something that I kept an eye out for was the commercials. I know advertisments play a part in the life of a show and I really didn't see any big name 'heavy hitters' advertising during Knight Rider. at least no commercials that you would expect to see during an 8 o'clock show on NBC.

It's sad, I think the show is getting better and they are listening to the fans somewhat. Since the slim down of the cast and the whole spy/government thing went away the show seems like it's getting there.

blazevski
Recruit

Post by blazevski » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:28 pm

I think this episode was a nice pointer into the direction where the shw should go from now on... even tho there are only a few episodes left... this is how it should have looked like at the beginning...

bige
Rookie

Post by bige » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:37 pm

NBC dose not want to waste money on promoting the show since there are only 3 episodes left of season 1. And if you want a season 2 they need to save money so they can do their budget so they have money to make a new episodes of knight rider. If there is a second season then they will start promoting the show again

Bandit1
Operative

Post by Bandit1 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:48 pm

i hate obama for this :evil:
its like he told the people not to watch knight rider :twisted:

i think it´s time to say "GOOD BYE KNIGHT RIDER" :cry:

DOn't expect to see knight rider return. I hate to be the negative one here, but their actions speak for themselves. Quit making excuses. It's like if you came out with a product and did not promote it. Don't whine about it not selling.
after the KARR episode there where no commercials for the show.

NBC will not renew it.sad but true :cry:
Sorry for bad laguage,i´m still learning english!

GREETINGS FROM GERMANY

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:51 pm

pat329 wrote:I DON'T THINK WE SHOULD GIVE UP JUST YET,CAUSE I BELIEVE THE SHOW HAS A CHANCE AND THEY WOULDN'T DO A REBOOT OF THE SHOW IF THEY ARE GOING TO CANCEL.KNIGHT RIDER DOES BETTER THEN ALOT OF THERE OTHER SHOW' THEY HAVE ON AND THE FAN' THAT ARE WATCHING IT HAS GOOD THING' TO SAY AND LOOKING FORWARD TO A SECOND SEASON.SO HOPE FOR GOOD THING' TO COME AND KEEP SAYING GOOD THING ABOUT THE EPISODE WE WATCH. :kittside:
Stop yelling! Turn off the caps.. it's very rude.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:22 pm

It's funny..as i was reading this thread the doors song " The End " came on the radio.
An ominous sign.

This is the end...

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:23 pm

I would not be surprised if they'd stop the production of this series. Things are really going down the toilet! I mean what the heck happened? Fight Knight was the worst thing I've seen since episode 9. No turbo boost, no nothing. It seems to me as if NBC gave them a very low budget and the adviser decided to spend all that money on an expensive Mustang and when they're finally on the set the manager has no choice but to disregard from all the stunts because of the fear that they can't replace the car if it's wrecked. In TOS Kitt used to go - Michael, there's an obstruction ahead! And they'd turbo boost over that car or whatever. Sometimes they even used ski mode but now they're not even capable of making a burnout with that Mustang.
Point being, it's stupid to rely on a small budget when there are so many things the audience is demanding from the show. If they keep creating episodes like Fight Knight their days are counted for cancellation. I'm sorry if people might get upset but that's reality!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway