Live Discussion - Fight Knight

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion - Fight Knight

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:05 am

i think the show started out good but got worse as it went along, they didn't do any stunts or turbo boost, i didn't like the blacked out windows on kitt when he was suppose to be driving by himself, obviously they had someone driving the car, totally cheap! they should have used the remote control car that they had in the pilot. also the thing that really pissed me off is the pickup truck transformation, i thought they got rid of the stupid cartoon like transformations since we haven't seen any in the last 5 episodes. they didn't make enough changes to this reboot, the story writing got a little bit better but basically it isn't much different than before other then getting rid of the terrorist of the week format. :evil:
in glen larson we trust.

SacValleyDweller
Recruit

Post by SacValleyDweller » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:57 am

LOVED this ep! :good: Everything was just about perfect! fights = nice!

Mike calling Ki3t "Supercar;" Brilliant!

Ki3t was more of a character than a talking prop. Ki3t development, it's a good thing. :good:

My reaction to Ki3t-F150 mode this ep: a wry "Some KRO folks arent gonna like that"
With regards to the transformations in general, at this point I find them a bit over the top, but I find myself in the camp of "" If they serve a purpose, they're OK"

Cant wait for next week!
--SVD
(-
=)

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:40 am

this episode was really good....the only thing i hate was...the way kitt "throw" the girl out of his interior infront of the hospital!it was a little bit brutal!!like she was a dog or something!!....the show is getting better....i love the way that the episodes ends....kitt and mike leaves the scenery...like tha classic knight rider.....but the only thing that show needs now is a little bit more kitt action!!chase!going through walls!turbo boost etg!!!thats the final touch for the show to be perfect!!

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:07 am

Actually I had second thoughts about the dropping the girl at hospital scene too.

My first reaction was "Didn't they do this very same scene last week?"

And my second thought was that it seemed rushed. At least last week Kitt had called ahead and had hospital staff waiting for them. This time nothing. just a blast on the loud speakers "Hey got a sick person here" and then ZOOOOM... gone.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:12 am

I liked this episode fairly well. KITT didn't drive through things, no turbo-boosts, nothing like that, but he was still present in this episode. We got to see more of AI KITT than Muscle Car KITT. Though the Truck transformation was a bit much. >_<

We had some driving scenes, which were good. We had humor. I'm glad they are giving KITT some good lines now. We had a nice small town mission, helping those who can't help themselves.

Overall a good episode. Nothing spectaculary awesome. But a good 'outside of a major story arc' episode.

The ratings were down, but I guess too many people were wanting something more high octane. Which, you can't do that every week, or else it just burns out. I came away from this feeling like I knew more about KITT, which is good.

Just my thoughts.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:39 am

Lynda414 wrote:I liked this episode fairly well. KITT didn't drive through things, no turbo-boosts, nothing like that, but he was still present in this episode. We got to see more of AI KITT than Muscle Car KITT. Though the Truck transformation was a bit much. >_<

We had some driving scenes, which were good. We had humor. I'm glad they are giving KITT some good lines now. We had a nice small town mission, helping those who can't help themselves.

Overall a good episode. Nothing spectaculary awesome. But a good 'outside of a major story arc' episode.

The ratings were down, but I guess too many people were wanting something more high octane. Which, you can't do that every week, or else it just burns out. I came away from this feeling like I knew more about KITT, which is good.

Just my thoughts.
I agree, this time we got to see KITT from a totally new point of view. I specially liked the part when KITT located the bar at the beggining of the episod and start driving it self to that location and surprised Michle.
Yes, we cant have the same theme as last week repeated every time, or it will be no different that "terrerisot of the week" theme that we used to have.

All in all, this is another good episod that proves Kngith Rider has alot to give and much fun to provide people.
the only question remains, Will NBC pull the blug?? or they have a tiny peace of brain and they will keep it? :kitt:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:10 am

lunchmeat wrote:Sorry...I've got to refute this. Michael Long was shot in the face. The reconstructive surgery to change his face was just a bonus - if he hadn't been shot, he mightn't have had it.
Apparently we'll have to assume that Agent Rivai only shot and "killed" Mike to get him out of that particular situation. But even that doesn't make sense since he's in new situations where he comes across old friends and enemies all the time. What the entire launching pad of the original series was became a plot point swept under the rug in literally 2 minutes in the series premiere. Whether Michael Long's surgery was premeditated or improvised isn't the point; the point is that his identity change worked because of the surgery.
lunchmeat wrote:Old friends knowing Mike could lead to very interesting storylines....we just have to wait and see. Hopefully his friends can keep his secret. Even if they can't, he's legally dead if I remember correctly, which means that he can't be traced. I'll have to watch the first episode to confirm this.
I personally liked the Welther character from the backdoor pilot. It would be nice to see him return since he survived at the end and very cryptically said, "This doesn't change anything." It would have a little more meaning than any other villain of the week since it's personal considering that he killed Mike's mother. But that would mean we'd need some continuity from the backdoor pilot and Gary Scott Thompson's ego won't allow that. We need to only move forward and never look back even if it contradicts previously established facts!
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:50 am

But that would mean we'd need some continuity from the backdoor pilot and Gary Scott Thompson's ego won't allow that.
I love how we can go around and bash people just for the kicks. The guy was hired to do a job his way and he did it. And he was very clear about it from the start.

Ego...

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:20 am

NeoRanger wrote:I love how we can go around and bash people just for the kicks. The guy was hired to do a job his way and he did it. And he was very clear about it from the start.

Ego...
Yes, I aimlessly go around bashing people because it makes me feel good. Or, it could be that the man was hired to do a job the way he saw fit, and rather than honor the established continuity for the benefit of a coherent series he chose to ignore it and rewrite it his own way. Or, to be most accurate, simply pick and choose what he wanted to keep and what he wanted to eliminate both from the backdoor pilot AND original series. Yeah, there's no ego involved in that thought process at all...
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:37 am

Yes, I aimlessly go around bashing people because it makes me feel good. Or, it could be that the man was hired to do a job the way he saw fit, and rather than honor the established continuity for the benefit of a coherent series he chose to ignore it and rewrite it his own way. Or, to be most accurate, simply pick and choose what he wanted to keep and what he wanted to eliminate both from the backdoor pilot AND original series. Yeah, there's no ego involved in that thought process at all...
No, there isn't. He was hired to make a show that would work for the audience, he didn't find much worthy of carrying over to the show from the pilot and so he didn't. That was his job.

If people still assume the pilot is rigidly in the show's continuity, that's their damn problem. The show started in September with episode 1, it didn't start last February with the backdoor pilot. I don't like the "vague continuity" BS any more than the next person, but I'm not going to throw a fit every time things don't go the way I'd wanted them to go.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:44 am

Watch your attitude please Neo, as I don't want this disagreement to spiral out of control. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:02 pm

Don't worry, Matt, still in control :)

evangeline5432
Volunteer

Post by evangeline5432 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:09 pm

I liked the ep. It wasn't the best but it was pretty good. :good:
:kitt2:Kitt blingee
I make Knight Rider vids----> My youtube channel

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:19 pm

NeoRanger wrote:Don't worry, Matt, still in control :)
Thank goodness for that. :lol: ;)

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Q..
Volunteer

Post by Q.. » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:46 pm

To All Fans:

It seems that many of you would like to see more stunts as in the original series. Obviously it would be very expensive to do those stunts with real vehicles, which is why in the original series, miniature models were used to show the stunts.

Although I would like to see stunts, I would be more interested in a well written story that has excellent plot and character development with logical action sequences that carry the storyline rather than action just for actions sake.

For example, KITT would be a more of an interesting character when I see him thinking and using analysis and intelligence to figure out the best solution to the situation, like a digital detective.

If I had to choose between stunts and story, I choose story.
Q

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:46 pm

Q.. wrote:To All Fans:

It seems that many of you would like to see more stunts as in the original series. Obviously it would be very expensive to do those stunts with real vehicles, which is why in the original series, miniature models were used to show the stunts.

Although I would like to see stunts, I would be more interested in a well written story that has excellent plot and character development with logical action sequences that carry the storyline rather than action just for actions sake.

For example, KITT would be a more of an interesting character when I see him thinking and using analysis and intelligence to figure out the best solution to the situation, like a digital detective.

I agree. I want to see more of AI!KITT. The stunts have their place, but not in every episode.

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:16 pm

lunchmeat wrote:Sorry...I've got to refute this. Michael Long was shot in the face. The reconstructive surgery to change his face was just a bonus - if he hadn't been shot, he mightn't have had it.
Rockatteer wrote: If I remember correctly the reconstructive surgery was part of the plan all along. They used Micheal Long because he was presumed dead and therefore the reconstruction of not only his face, but also his life could be carried out.
Both wrong. Michael Long was shot in the forehead, the bullet was deflected by the metal plate in his head and then tore through his face. The doctor said "We'll never know what he looked like.". All evidence appears to point towards Michael Long being hired to work for Wilton Knight. But when they tried to get in contact with him, they were too late. Wilton rescued Long, reconstructed his face and gave him a new identity to go along with it. There would have been no point in giving Long a new name without a new face. Ergo, had the desert scene not happened, Michael Long would have remained as Michael Long.

Lost Knight wrote:
Apparently we'll have to assume that Agent Rivai only shot and "killed" Mike to get him out of that particular situation. But even that doesn't make sense since he's in new situations where he comes across old friends and enemies all the time. What the entire launching pad of the original series was became a plot point swept under the rug in literally 2 minutes in the series premiere. Whether Michael Long's surgery was premeditated or improvised isn't the point; the point is that his identity change worked because of the surgery.
lunchmeat wrote:Old friends knowing Mike could lead to very interesting storylines....we just have to wait and see. Hopefully his friends can keep his secret. Even if they can't, he's legally dead if I remember correctly, which means that he can't be traced. I'll have to watch the first episode to confirm this.
I personally liked the Welther character from the backdoor pilot. It would be nice to see him return since he survived at the end and very cryptically said, "This doesn't change anything." It would have a little more meaning than any other villain of the week since it's personal considering that he killed Mike's mother. But that would mean we'd need some continuity from the backdoor pilot and Gary Scott Thompson's ego won't allow that. We need to only move forward and never look back even if it contradicts previously established facts!

NeoRanger wrote: If people still assume the pilot is rigidly in the show's continuity, that's their damn problem.
I think people view the backdoor pilot like TOS pilot - as the start to the series. There's a reason it's called a backdoor pilot - it's meant to be a movie in its own right, and then serve as the pilot if the series was picked up. Which means that it's less reliable and accurate than a fanfic!

KAISER
Volunteer

Post by KAISER » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:32 pm

Nice episode, the interaction between Mike and KI3T was good, and KI3T's joke at the end was perfect :)
I am the Knight Artificial Intelligence for Stealth Espionage Rover. KAISER, if you prefer.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:55 pm

I kinda like this episode.

KITT driving by himself and finally having better lines.

Mike with a jacket and some slick fighting moves (gotta love the roundhouse kicks).
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Karman
Stranger

Post by Karman » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:02 pm

O.K.
I've finally had a chance to watch the last two episodes and I say, "thank you".
I've rather enjoyed these ones, especially this last one. I love the growing interaction with Mike and Kitt and I think they are really developing into these roles quite nicely and more to what we TOS fans were expecting. I also love the developing humor. Yes it is like 20 years later and viewers have different expectations to shows (due mostly to retardation of the brain...but that's for a different forum) but this is the essence of Knight Rider; Mike and Kitt doing their thing and taking us along for the ride. So again I say thank you for making this effort to bring us Knight Rider and not whatever that was before.

I do still have a gripe about the Sarah character. I don't know; it doesn't seem to matter what her role/character/form is from show to show, she just doesn't seem to add anything to the show or have any skills at developing her character. I still think she should just go away, but that's my opinion.

Anyways, good job and I look forward to the next episode.
"Michael Michael stop it!"

alstrtrk1701
Stranger

Post by alstrtrk1701 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:38 pm

I agree very much. Being a fan of the 1980s series I think this past episode 'Fight Knight' was a real great homage to the old series. The feeling I got during the last scene was the same I got from the old episodes. This episode continued the old tag line 'One Man Can Make A Difference'. Great episode. I knew the episodes would get better when the SSC was turned private and "FLAG" returned. At least I had high hopes and I still do. Caused me to smile.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:59 pm

I've borrowed a quote from Neil in the 'exit light' thread as it kind of ties in here...
neps wrote:the truth for me is I wouldn't care if Sarah was out on the field kicking ass. However she was a college professor - so it's a little too soon for us to believe her as this supreme badass on par with Michael. I would have loved it if they introduced it as the season went on - but to believe that out of the stretch is a bit hard when you're already confused whats different from the pilot movie.

Badass women can be quite the turn on.
Speaking of the 'college professor' Sarah....

Mike commented in this episode on her wearing glasses but she did wear them in the lecture she was giving on nanotech in the pilot ep. I'm not sure Mike saw her like this though, does anyone know???

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:03 pm

Lynda414 wrote:
Q.. wrote:To All Fans:

I agree. I want to see more of AI!KITT. The stunts have their place, but not in every episode.
I also agree, although I really would like to see more basic driving - even without KI3T's special abilities, he's a formidable car and it'd be cool to just see him drive really fast once in a while. We got that impression in the pilot movie and it worked really well. KI3T can be the AI intellectual, the awesome character, while driving above 100mph and navigating twisties, and that's what the pilot movie really gave me.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:14 pm

KITT really should drive around really fast a bit more. Even at his fastest, he rarely goes over 120MPH. A nice chase scene here or there would add a bit of flavor to a season.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:09 am

Lynda414 wrote:KITT really should drive around really fast a bit more. Even at his fastest, he rarely goes over 120MPH. A nice chase scene here or there would add a bit of flavor to a season.
good point. I dont know the difference in speed between normal mode and attack mode. how much faster KITT can be??? Image :kitt: