Sarah Graiman: Some thoughts about her character

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Re: Sarah Graiman: Some thoughts about her character

Post by lunchmeat » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:42 pm

So I watched Episode 2 for the first time....and I rewatched Episode 1. In the first episode, Sarah creates a program for KI3T - the 4x4 transformation program. In the second ep, she serves as a mechanic to KI3T (both for story purposes in the field and for legitimate repair reasons).

I hadn't really seen these episodes before....and I've realized that I really like Sarah in the mechanic role. This would flesh her out a bit and give her some new ground in addition to running FLAG - she could be the one to create and deploy KI3T's programs and applications, in addition to doing a lot of the repair work in cases where KI3T is immobilized. Ideally, the relationship between KI3T and Sarah would be similar to the relationship between KI2T and Bonnie - I support this because I don't mind Sarah and KI3T talking more, since they're like siblings. It would be pretty great to see Sarah annoyed at Mike because he abused KI3T's systems or did something really bad (like transforming in mid-air; loved the dialogue when Sarah addresses Mike about it in episode 2).

I'll probably have to start a thread about character balance or something...I don't know.

This would also give Sarah a chance to get out of the SSC on occasion - she'd still lead FLAG and whatnot, but she could probably make some appearances in the field with no problems.

This is probably moot, though, as the final episode of the season is tonight and we don't know if the show is slated for cancellation....but I guess we'll see.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR